86 Si Restore.

• You cannot reply to this topic
58 replies to this topic

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic si. 01 Integra Type R

Sorry for all the random pics.. Just relaying some pics from instagram, Ill keep this up to date and more detailed from now on. Finally got a house and my own garage to restore my civic! I've always been a integra guy but after seeing rywires/ along with brandons sema civic I had to find a 3rd gen to restore.. Grabbed this one few years back as a daily after my 2000 civic was stolen. Had 129k on it and runs great besides some obvious 30+ year old car woes. Picked up a fit just to commute to work as I build the civic. I also own a 01 Integra type R. 

Full time I'm a automotive painter and can do some lite bodywork. Finally get to use these skills for my own car and its been so fun watching it come together. Plan is to create a reliable car I can actually do some local road trips in. Car will get a full outside restore within reason of my budget and experience. I"m pushing myself to learn more on mechanics in hopes of a k24 ( I prefer a engine I can just swap in that's fairly new, and I can tune that will make over 200whp ) Ideally I want cams, better intake and exhaust of course to make 230+. Underside will get new suspension/bushings and a recoat with por15. I will be in search for 15 inch spoon sw388s this spring so lets see if this crazy wishlist happens ha. More bodywork tomorrow as I will be painting both sides in few weeks.. I have to paint the car in parts as booth time is limited. Little scary with white but I'm setup to make sure identical mix and spray out is checked. Color is NHO, championship white. 

1oyKbvx.jpgFVpqlt3.jpgrbeioHw.jpggEM0xtf.jpgJdmmRbF.jpgsgXxsdb.jpgtu65DVH.jpgIEAo4bN.jpguVqhSC9.jpg

mZtudz2.jpg

^^ just throwing it on to see how it all looks.. Not actual fitment 

Edited by na-spirit, 10 February 2020 - 12:19 AM.

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I'm very afraid of properly Removing parts to paint this. Need to look more into that, otherwise most parts will be taped off.. gotta do whatcha gotta do. It'll be a very clean driver tho, keep it simple rather than break stuff that doesn't exist besides used...

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Finished driver side.. Quarter panel was hell, found old body work..pics tomorrow, Cleaned garage took some quick pics of the hondas.

I2RsHsX.jpg

3jvUiy7.jpg

E-Man

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2004 Subaru FXT
Looks good. Im so jealous as Ive been searching for a 3g si for almost a year and havent found a single one available.

Wish I would have known about your k swap, my sons 8th gen Si got hit last year and the drivetrain would have been perfect for you. Other son has a tsx and personally I liked the k20 better as a stock engine.

Want to sell the car? I know a buyer, lol.

Elliot
Posted Image

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Thank you man! I couldn't believe I found this one in my area! I had to get it and daily'd it for couple years. I hope you find one! I love this car, especially seeing it with new paint... Goal is to have the sides and rear painted next weekend.

Well the idea is a k swap if I find a deal on either a k20 or k24. Really trying not to settle for anything older as I want a reliable engine to plop in and tune.. done and fast instantly ha. 

Big progress this weekend for the civic!

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Getting closer.. It was fun finding out the molding clips were hidden behind a bar :/. Oh well.. Thin side moldings on the way. Have to add some filler to those low spots you see on the door after tapping down the highs a bit.. spot prime then were off to the next pile of dents.

WmPiXhA.jpgVXsC8ZT.jpg

Edited by na-spirit, 18 February 2020 - 10:44 PM.

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

C2EhhxX.jpg?1

gQJAWIg.jpg?1

tX4g3Eq.jpg

Y06C9pK.jpg

jt4p4bB.jpg?1

8NWQhlU.jpgfZdkRpn.jpg

byC6yxL.jpg

Q2N9jos.jpga5ZUNgH.jpg

Roof, hood, rear bumper and hatch to go..  Should all be painted by end of april. Lower rad support bumped my hood up few years ago so they need extra attention first...damn curb and my blindness at night :(.. champwhite tho! 

Better pics outside soon.

Edited by na-spirit, 01 March 2020 - 11:22 PM.

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Rear bumper/hatch getting worked/ Tailights getting new coat of clear and trim black this week.... Still waiting on thin side moldings, back order :(

yLy2QDt.jpg

kfWiUkM.jpg

vhKng07.jpg0VFXvFR.jpg

Edited by na-spirit, 15 March 2020 - 11:10 AM.

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

With a little chipped paint + not being happy with a wave and bodyline, I have to redo my quarter panel. I'm happy with rest of car, so didn't make sense leaving those few mistakes.. Also began repairing the hatch and spoiler. 

ANj05DM.jpg

bl7uNg3.jpg

5ndb4pM.jpg

cahitapower

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 civic si

Amazing work  B)

So MuCh In SUcH A SmALL BoX

Project Build "CahitaPower"

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Thank you! More progress this weekend.

Coney Warrior

Looks good brother, keep at it gonna be a really nice car.
-15 Fiesta ST (Daily)-
-06 Evo IX-
-90 Eclipse GSX-
-87 CRX Si-
-87 CRX HF(i)-

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

thanks! motivations been a little off.. back at it soon. 

vervepipes

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '84 CRX
Lookin good

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

It's been awhile...  things are moving fast now with the restore. Looking forward to finally getting to the mechanical side of things. Will enjoy it stock for awhile as I stock up on parts. 

I repainted the car due to some errors.. PPG NH0 champwhite/ Matrix ms42 clear

Thin side moldings were created. I used: https://cowlesproduc...x-26-p333898435

Sem trim black was used for the front cowl, trim pieces and wiper arms.

Just have to finish repair on hood and complete the other side with buff and moldings along with adjusting panel gaps/ and bumper adjustments

I'll have more pics once I get the car out of the garage/finished up.

vpBYfLkl.png

3in4fCll.png

fgxRo7hl.png

SIBHvYKl.png

vtdJYxAl.png

tdfYuOOl.png

BlPg34Pl.png

LMCfBvGl.png

o96eTxbl.png

Edited by na-spirit, 01 May 2022 - 11:29 PM.