Sunroof Pics For Install

• You cannot reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic

pack23

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
Hello,
i am installaing an Si sunroof into my dx car so I am cutting up the roof, but would like to see some pictures of a real si so that I can see where gaskets are needed and how the finished product should look like. Anyone care to post closeup pics of your sunroofs?> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! The Si roof has a lot of extra metal in there to support the sunroof that the Standard and the HF do not have.

Why do yyou want to add all that extra weight to the second worst spot to put it (first worst would be in front of the front bumper)?

If you wanted a sunroof you should have bought a Buick.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Mine was installed aftermarket and is just fine. No problems, but unfortunatly I have not been able to find any more. If I do need another one I will have to get an Si to replace it. Check my garage for pic.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Jun 17 2005, 11:44 AM)
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! The Si roof has a lot of extra metal in there to support the sunroof that the Standard and the HF do not have.

Why do yyou want to add all that extra weight to the second worst spot to put it (first worst would be in front of the front bumper)?

Scott

you know some people use thier cars as daily drivers and dont race them on the track... therefor a bit of extra weight wont hurt, and having a large sunroof myself, compared ot my freinds civic with no sunroof, i find it alot better with the extra light, and the extra gust of air in the summer when you take it off.

let me see if i can find any pics of mine.. or does it have to be the si power roof?
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

pack23

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (bigk3000 @ Jun 17 2005, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Jun 17 2005, 11:44 AM)

Scott

you know some people use thier cars as daily drivers and dont race them on the track... therefor a bit of extra weight wont hurt, and having a large sunroof myself, compared ot my freinds civic with no sunroof, i find it alot better with the extra light, and the extra gust of air in the summer when you take it off.

let me see if i can find any pics of mine.. or does it have to be the si power roof?

haha, I knew I would get some negative feedback about adding my sunroof, but its okay. I dont mind the extra weight...and like bigK3000 said not all of us use our rexes for racing, I like myne for cruising, besides I do have 250hp+ under the hood with the turbo setup I have, so I dont mind a little extra weight. My car is a daily driver and I like it to be fast and be comfortable, I like the air from the sunroof. Anyway, well, I am installing the Si sunroof, so pictures of this sunroof would be most helpful. As for the extra supports, thats okay, I know how to weld, so I can always weld them in there, I just need to see how the si roof is setup so that I can get my car setup the same way. Anyway, thanks for the feeback, bad penny, I will look in your garage and see if your pics help me out.

thanks,

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
lol my DX has a flipup moon roof type thing. I love it, one of the best things about the car.

86 crx

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Also you may want to consider this "Was a power sun roof an option?" The reason I say this is that I have only been able to find a power sunroof on a rex, all Si hatches that I have seen have been flip up.
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
yeah but he has a crx dx for it so it shoudl be fine..

i am considering putting a power sunroof and power windows in next.. the power locks are soo handy with keyless entry on my alarm smile.gif
EXPLOSIVO!
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Oh snap. This entire time I've been speaking w/him about his car and he has a rex. Well shabang, my face is definatly red. blush.gif

pack23

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jun 18 2005, 08:52 AM)
Oh snap. This entire time I've been speaking w/him about his car and he has a rex. Well shabang, my face is definatly red. blush.gif

tongue.gif lol, sorry man, I thought you knew I had a Crx dx...so I am using the CRX SI power sunroof option....it bolts right up, but I am sure the Si roof had extra braces for support and such. Anyone else have any pics of their sunroof? it would be greatly appreciated, if someone could post some pics of their power sunroof, so I know where to brace and add gaskets..

thanks,

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (pack23 @ Jun 18 2005, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jun 18 2005, 08:52 AM)

tongue.gif lol, sorry man, I thought you knew I had a Crx dx...so I am using the CRX SI power sunroof option....it bolts right up, but I am sure the Si roof had extra braces for support and such. Anyone else have any pics of their sunroof? it would be greatly appreciated, if someone could post some pics of their power sunroof, so I know where to brace and add gaskets..

thanks,

I believe if you go to Majestic honda's website (located on links page) they might have a blow up detail for you to follow.

v8killa

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2003 dodge SRT-4, 1986 CRX Si
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jun 18 2005, 09:52 AM)

sorry dude that's the best I can do...i just did my roof today I wish I had seen this post this morning.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
hmm.. so it looks like it just mounts with 2 bolts over teh windsheild, a couple over each door and probably a couple at the back... i wonder if theya ll have pre threaded holes for those bolts..

seeing as my CDM 84 hatchback had pre made threads for all of the d16a1 emmessions stuff and AC stuff and pretty much everything that was never an option in canada..

it could be possible..
EXPLOSIVO!
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

pack23

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (bigk3000 @ Jun 18 2005, 08:56 PM)
hmm.. so it looks like it just mounts with 2 bolts over teh windsheild, a couple over each door and probably a couple at the back...  i wonder if theya ll have pre threaded holes  for those bolts.. 

seeing as my CDM 84 hatchback had pre made threads for all of the d16a1 emmessions stuff and AC stuff and pretty much everything that was never an option in canada..

it could be possible..

yeah, thats how I have the sunroof mouted right now....the dx comes with the pre drilled and pre-threaded holes already, so its a matter of cutting a hole on the roof, and mounting the sunroof...

v8killa, would you happen to have pics of the top of your roof? I want to see how it looks like from the top with the sunroof open. Do you think you could take a couple of pics of the sunroof open and closed? I would really appreciate it.

thanks,

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
does the crx si power roof have a sorta of gutter area around the hole? or is it just... a hole..

the hatchback has a gutter.. if i can find pics i will explain
EXPLOSIVO!
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image