Another cf hood post.

• You cannot reply to this topic
97 replies to this topic

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
We can make a headcount really easy by sending me a pretend paypal through IM. Once I have 8 peeps I will reply to everyone with an actual Paypal addy and mail addy where you are to send actual money. Paypal people will need to absorb some of the fees, 2% is what I normally charge, and I eat 1%.

It is important to me that you do this. It is the only way I am going to get definite and accurate head count. Like I said, without an accurate and sufficient head count, this is going NOWHERE. To send me an IM it costs NO MONEY, but you are committing. IM me with your IN status. Do not IM me saying you are not IN. Do not send me an IM if you are "thinking about it." In the subject type "Paypal payment". If you need details, you can post questions and I promise I will answer ASAP.

I plan to take pictures of the hood fabbing process so you all know where your initial $50 is going.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
ok, we got two...keep them, rollin!

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
Question for all

Since we're going with the one piece CF hood can we need to make sure that they have the two holes up front for the rubber stoppers so the hood lines up with the fenders or will lining it up be up to the individuals.  I hope I described that accurately, you know the two rubber stoppers that are on the front of the stock hood that rest on the radiator wall when the hood is closed.  Just trying to help everyone.  Since I don't think "holes" like the stock ones for these stoppers are feasible in Carbon Fiber, do we have any ideas???

Dave
DM
PHX, AZ

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You could just remove the stoppers from the hood, and attach them to the frame, so they are on in reverse.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
That is kind of along the lines of what I was thinking, but since the stoppers are "threaded" we could find two square rubber stoppers and screw them down into the rad support.  Thanks Tom

Dave
DM
PHX, AZ

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I was thinking the same as rpr also..clearly something needs to be done as that is an integral part of the hood sitting properly...

Honda does offer non-threaded stoppers too, maybe a push-in one of the right height would be the key...

Oh, we are up to 3 now guys...keep them coming, you know you want this!

xxxghostone

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
if you have the mold i will totally be number 4

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
the 350 includes making a fresh metal hood and making the mold...read the post a few lines up once more...I have a master plan....

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
OK, Steve Jones is apparently not going to endorse this GB so it is pretty much all up to us...I need more people, people.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Jan. 31 2003,10:55)
OK, Steve Jones is apparently not going to endorse this GB so it is pretty much all up to us...I need more people, people.

I'm shocked.

I have posted it to the CRX Mk1 mailing list on yahoo.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
Anyone hit Henry up at CRX Ohio? I'll email him if not.
DM
PHX, AZ

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (rpr @ Jan. 31 2003,12:06)
I'm shocked.

I have posted it to the CRX Mk1 mailing list on yahoo.

heh, sure you are wink.gif

I got 4 now...we are halfway there....

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
I have a d16 in my 86 Si, will this hood clear the timing belt cover?? i'm not sure how feasable this is, but if you replace the safely latch with hood pins, then you can keep the stock hood popper to keep intruders away. I'm in for $350 if i can get some validation (pictures) etc. , thanks

Tony
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Tony, welcome to the board...

Pictures: there are none yet as nothing exosts yet....I plan to document the process as much as I can, but I need some peeps on board with me first.

Clearance: I don't see why it would not clear your motor. I had a ZC in a previous car and had no probs with an OE hood, and this is more or less a direct copy of the same hood. One way or another, if there is a problem, removing material for clearance will not be difficult as the underlying structure of the hood is fiberglass...very ways to trim.

Latch: I plan to make my own mods to the hood latch to retain it in the OE location and still make use out of it. I also plan to publish instructions on what I do, hoping it will be able to be duplicated by others. I would recommend hood pins one way or another, for safety.

HTH...

Marcus

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
What's the count at Marcus?
DM
PHX, AZ