Dash Repair..

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

atomichack3r

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic
How would one go for fixing the dash part on the right? It's come loose. (The 2 part thing beside the instrument panel that can hold food as a table :) )

TheDoughboy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si

? do you have a pic of where it's loose?

Condor

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, bought new, no rice. 07 MCa w/sport, no kraut.

Put a pic up.

atomichack3r

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

CameraZOOM-20131107163247439.jpg

This is the thing I'm talking about.

Also can anyone tell me why my heater lights and cigarette lighter don't work? I checked the fuse, but everything looks fine. When switched out the radio those things weren't working..

And another thing, is it just mine or does the heat not come out of the vents on the far left (beside door) and the far right (beside door). It only seems to be blowing fresh air as I'm going down the road.

Edited by atomichack3r, 07 November 2013 - 04:42 PM.

TheDoughboy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si

That dash looks Toasted. I don't think it can be fixed. It kinda looks like it melted and pulled away from the frame underneath. You can replace the dash, get a dash cover or maybe a dash cap.

You need to get under the dash to check that the lighter is Actually hooked up to power. Same thing for the heater lights. There two bulbs in the panel and both could be bad or just not getting power to the sockets. A 12v tester with confirm it really quick.

atomichack3r

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Thank you so much for answering my questions! I will certainly get back to you on the results!