Conversion

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

Krispy

• Shiggity
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
Could somebody give me a list of parts i need to convert a 87 DX to a 87 SI?

i'll start,

ECU
Wiring harness
Throttle body
Intake manifold
Fuel pump

If you have any parts and live in the GTA then i would be intrested in buying them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Stefan was once told that he might be faster if not for his flamboyant sideways style, he replied "one is not always trying to make babies when having sex!"

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I assume when you say intake manifold, you are including the injectors, fuel rail and underhood fuel hoses?

- main fuel line from an SI (Honda, $55)
- in-tank fuel pickup assembly from an SI (got mine from frank5079, Honda has them as well)
- fuel filter from an SI or 1G teg
- SI gauge cluster
- high pressure fuel hose
- fuel line hose clamps

That's all I can think of right now, there may be other stuff, but those are the main things you need. You may want to get a new SI fuel tank from Honda, that's what Rob did, I don't know if it came with the in-tank stuff, but is was only like $250, I think?
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

MANGLEdCRX

• CR-Tsi
  • PipPip
QUOTE (rpr @ Feb. 22 2002,10:57)
I assume when you say intake manifold, you are including the injectors, fuel rail and underhood fuel hoses?

- main fuel line from an SI (Honda, $55)
- in-tank fuel pickup assembly from an SI (got mine from frank5079, Honda has them as well)
- fuel filter from an SI or 1G teg
- SI gauge cluster
- high pressure fuel hose
- fuel line hose clamps

That's all I can think of right now, there may be other stuff, but those are the main things you need. You may want to get a new SI fuel tank from Honda, that's what Rob did, I don't know if it came with the in-tank stuff, but is was only like $250, I think?

You dont necesaraly need an Si guage cluster it does have the "PGMFI" Light, but I when I first got the 'ol HF running I was using the stock HF guage cluster with the 5500 rpm redline and the shift light LOL (the shift light wasnt hooked up of course) I had a whole Si to get parts from but I did get all three fuel lines from Honda (vent, Feed, and return)  you also need the front wiring harness from and '86 - '87 Si if you have an '86 or '87 Rex, and an '85 Si harness if you have an 84 or 85 rex I know you canadians didnt get the Si till '87 but we got em here in '85  tongue.gif.  you also may wanna pick up and Si cat converter or you wont have one with the stock DX exhaust which has a close coupled converter under the ex man
-'87 HF Resurected 7-00, reincarnated 6-01--86 DX Dosent run....YET--'87 Civic Si hatchbach: Brians baby R.I.P. "Bee" 5/21/82 - 9/9/01 forever in our hearts.-

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I doubt Krispy is too concerned about emissions at this point!

Krispy

• Shiggity
  • PipPipPip
)i gotta pass emissions in April!

i will only have to meet DX standerds.  My best guess is that a SX (  :D )  would be able to meet the DX standerds without a Cat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Stefan was once told that he might be faster if not for his flamboyant sideways style, he replied "one is not always trying to make babies when having sex!"

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I've got to take mine before April as well... then the straight exhaust goes on!