1g teg motor in a 1g crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

Masta

This is coming from somebody who owned a 13 sec FWD Drag car.  Toms CRX with the 87 Teg DOHC motor totally flies.  Changing from carb to FI transformed the car.  It's now the way it should have come from the factory.  I'd also like to point out that the suspension is incredible.  The car used to ride terrible, now with the KYB struts and Energy Suspension bushing kit, it almost rides like a new car.  Well worth the price.

Darren

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Thanks man. Of course, I couldn't have done it without you. Actually, I probably wouldn't have done it, since you found me the donor car that started the whole thing. I must say though, that the end result sure made the whole process worth while. And of course I should thank all the other people who helped me with different things: Rob, Wes, Andy, Frank, and numerous other people that I'm probably forgetting. Least of all, my wife Kim, for losing her husband for evenings and weekends for about a month and not complaining about it.

Tom
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Masta

Well Said Tom.  Our wives are very often the forgotten heroes in these projects.  Without their support, we wouldn't be able to do this stuff.

Darren
Civic Nation. Represent.

Guest_MANGLEdCRX_*

• Group: Guests
#### you guys are married???  haha Suckers  :P  . Nah but seriously mt friend got married just yesterday I went to the wedding nice ceremony,  he got himself a good woman and thats the important thing, Im still too young to get married But i hopefull will one day maybe have like 10 or so kids  :)  J/K take care guys

Masta

Suckers, no way man, believe me, It's so nice to have your wife take care of all the stuff that needs to be taken care of while you're out in the garage wrenching on the car.  Tom's wife was so cool, when he was almost done the car she bought him a set of Sparco pedals and a DC sports oil filler cap.  How cool is that!!

Darren smile.gif
Civic Nation. Represent.

Guest_MANGLEdCRX_*

I would like to marry a woman like that, That rocks!!  My Ex GF used to buy me tools all the time and for christmas last year she bought me a big set of lights so i can see when im working on the car at night,   wink.gif

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yeah, they're great until they find out how much money you spent on the car...

Guest_RETROCRX_*

Hey Tom,  no Problemo on the helping out, What are friends for??

As for the wives and the finding out about the money thing.  I think I've got the problem temporarily solved.  I stay single till I'm done the car and completely recover from the debt it creates, then I save up for a house, then i get married!!  I've got it all figured out.  Until the next project car appears on the horizon, then all the planning goes out the window! wink.gif

Cheers

Rob

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Good plan. Foresight is a good thing!

FYI, for everyone coming in, if you login with your old username/password, you will then go from 'unregistered' to your full registered status, which then shows your signature and avatar. Signatures can have pictures now, you can use your own avatar, and you can change your own 'title'

Guest_RETROCRX_*

Actually, it looks like you missed RETROCRX because I'm not even in the members list.  Only the of Project 1st Gen ID was on there.  No biggie though, I re-registered with my new name, still hasn't been procesed yet though!

Soon enough

Rob

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Duh, of course you're right. I just processed it for you. You should be getting an email shortly. Let me know here if you don't get it.

So, what do you think of the new board?

RETROCRX

• I AM THE STIG!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si (with big flares and a ZC!) 2004 Civic SiR
    • Image Gallery
biggrin.gif  :P  :)

Everything is Cool!!!  Like the new board!!!  Let's see if we can generate some traffic this time!!!

Rob
Must.....go......racing.......

Masta

Hey Rob, good plan, your not get married until you recover from the debt thing.  It works great until you find a really cool motorcycle or something like that.  As long as you make your future wife understand that this stuff isn't just a "phase" or a "thing" you're going through.  It gets worse(better for us) cuz the projects get bigger and more expensive and they can't change you and the car stuff won't go away.  As long as that is understood, everybody is happy!  Woohoo, nice job on your car man, I can't wait to see it in person.  You guys and your fancy cars, I just can't keep up anymore.

Darren
Civic Nation. Represent.

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Nice picture dude, is that really you? You're scary...

Masta

Yeah scary cool!!!

Darren
Civic Nation. Represent.