grimms mom

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
PM'd
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

hatchbox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 DOHC Si 1600 Hatch, 86 DOHC turbo Si 1500 Hatch & 86 CRX EW4 Si
I'm very interested if you get going on the fenders if you'll take other requests? I wouldn't mind getting one of those header panels or even a one piece hood that has the header molded onto it. I think crxmober has one in carbon fibre but a glass one would be perfect. A zc hump even better. I'm pm-ing you right after this for a set. Can you please start a list of who is in on the buy and how many spots are left. Thanks.
Get more bang 4 your buck.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i have some plans, im not gonna reveal what just yet, but fenders only right now. the list will be in the first post after tomorrow. there are still 7 spots available
grimms mom

hatchbox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (icebox187 @ Jan 1 2008, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have some plans, im not gonna reveal what just yet, but fenders only right now. the list will be in the first post after tomorrow. there are still 7 spots available
That's cool I'm just happy to get some fenders but if and when you decide to make something else I could lend/give you some pieces to make molds. I have a fairly strait hood and moon roof. Just let me know. Thanks again for taking on this project.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
still available
grimms mom

hatchbox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
If you own a 1st gen or know someone with one you guys better jump on board for these fenders before your kick your self in the ass when you find out how much flimsy, brittle injected plastic ones are. And good luck finding nice used ones they are very hard to find. Once a crack starts it's hard to stop it from spreding and usually it will spider. I watched some dumb ass once with a nice looking crx at a gas station shut his hood a little to hard and broke one of the fenders right down through the wheel opening practically braking it in two. laugh.gif He was so pissed off. I wish that I could track him down cause I know he'd be next in line for a set.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
thanks for the bump hatch, btw i got your letter. i will hold on to it until the fenders are ready.

ok guys due to low demand so far i am only going to do 5 sets 3 of these are spoken for, i have 2 spots available. after these are all sold it will depend on demand as to "if" i make more, but i will have molds, so likely they will be made, just not a full run of more than 1 set, when the promo series is over prices may change, there may be some auction events, hey who knows, they may even be made to order...... so whats next? do you guys want header panels or door panels next? would we rather do the door panels now and wait and see about 1 piece fg hoods later? ill let you guys tear up the thread about whats next. the first post is about to be updated with a list though, of who's in so far
grimms mom

hatchbox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (icebox187 @ Jan 6 2008, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks for the bump hatch, btw i got your letter. i will hold on to it until the fenders are ready.

ok guys due to low demand so far i am only going to do 5 sets 3 of these are spoken for, i have 2 spots available. after these are all sold it will depend on demand as to "if" i make more, but i will have molds, so likely they will be made, just not a full run of more than 1 set, when the promo series is over prices may change, there may be some auction events, hey who knows, they may even be made to order...... so whats next? do you guys want header panels or door panels next? would we rather do the door panels now and wait and see about 1 piece fg hoods later? ill let you guys tear up the thread about whats next. the first post is about to be updated with a list though, of who's in so far

You make it in fiberglass and I'll be in. It doesn't matter what it is it's 100% stronger that the horrible brittle original stuff. I'm not sure of the difference between the 84-85 and 86-87 but the crx I'm trying to put together is an 85. Name it. It needs it all. Fenders, side panles on the door, side skirt below the door, side skirt on the lower part of the fender, header panel, but I'd rather spend more to get a one piece hood/header with zc hump wink.gif. The only thing this car has going for it is no rot in the steel. As long as I'm putting money into getting it on the road and looking good it may as well be something that will last because I plan on owning this car for a long time. Love wub.gif the looks of the car but hate mad.gif the problems with the plastic.

Vicious

the rocker panels on the doors next. not many need fenders cuz many have sourced NOS fenders or ordered teh ebay ones. for this reason i think there's such low demand for the fenders. But seeing as there is no aftermarket rocker panels more people will be interested and willing to buy.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
thats most likely what ill do next, i have a very good set of these that i scored a couple months ago... no cracks
grimms mom

hatchbox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (icebox187 @ Jan 6 2008, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats most likely what ill do next, i have a very good set of these that i scored a couple months ago... no cracks

What style are they? 84-85 or 86-87. Are you going to take requests for bolth? If and when you make 84-85 please PM me right away. Please let us know if you need anything to make molds off of. I might be able to come up with one side and maybe someone else could come up with the other. If your just making molds off of a part could you use a piece that has been repaired and smoothed out? I also just found out that Healtoeauomotive has 1 piece fiber glass zc header/hoods for sale on their web site but I'm going to call and make sure that they have them in stock so you mite not have to trouble your self with that task.

Edited by hatchbox, 06 January 2008 - 10:24 PM.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i thought that the outside door panels where all the same, its just the inner thats different right? well the 3 that i have are all 86-87 i believe, and i only have one good dx style sideskirt, im still working the issue. i wouldnt mind finding a set of si skirts for cheap, or loaner, and i guess a set of 85 door panels if they are different...... whats different about them?
grimms mom

hatchbox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (icebox187 @ Jan 7 2008, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i thought that the outside door panels where all the same, its just the inner thats different right? well the 3 that i have are all 86-87 i believe, and i only have one good dx style sideskirt, im still working the issue. i wouldnt mind finding a set of si skirts for cheap, or loaner, and i guess a set of 85 door panels if they are different...... whats different about them?

Maybe your right because opon further investigating I think the differnces I'm seeing are in a piece of trim that goes into that panel. Early crx has a skinny trim (usually a thin red trim) and the later ones had a wider piece of trim. So I gues if you took off the trim before doing the mold it might fit all the years. Does this sound right? As far as the side skirt goes I'm not sure what or if there are any difference between Si, Dx or Hf does anyone else know? What side do you have driver or passenger? I may be able to come up with some other strait pieces that you could use or possibly fix some with body filler that would hold up long enough to make some molds off of. Unless it's something that is totaly cherry I wouldn't mind giving it to you to be first in line for the reproduction.

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
QUOTE (icebox187 @ Jan 7 2008, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the door panels, the only differences are in the shape of the mounting recesses. They are round on the '84-'85, but rectanglar for the '86-'87 (for the white plastic clips).

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion