• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

GenOneCRX

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Honda CRX AS

Hello Honda community

I am new here and I looking for people with whom I can communicate and who possibly help me, or support me through this community, if I cannot get any further and to share my project.

But first to me: I'm Jonas, built in 1990, living on Lake Constance in Switzerland and since recently owner of a Honda CRX AS. Which brings me to the relevant topic:

I've bought a CRX AS, which has some problems. According to the previous owner, he has a problem with the electrical system, the fuel tank had to be patched because of rust, which is only an emergency solution and the gasoline pump is a converted from another car. In addition, I have to think about what I do with the roof. Many years ago, the sunroof was removed and a piece of sheet metal welded in place. Meanwhile you can see the "edges" where the sunroof was and the clear coat is damaged.

Apparently, this CRX had many previous owners and a correspondingly long history with many different chapters. Far below his value bought, I probably saved the CRX from the scrapping.

Here are some data about the CRX and pictures:

Honda CRX AS, No.: 153, 1986.
Repainted from red to blue metallic (including interior, engine bay badly painted)
Engine original
Polybauer body kit, Schneider Motorsport rear spoiler (all plastic parts come from a red donor car, so the car is two-tone)

US tail lights
Eibach lowering springs
ATS alloy wheels

20170414_150951.jpg

20170820_185843.jpg

10621046_912417205466552_421261871_n.jpg

I'm happy to be a part of this community and keep you up to date on how the AS continues. Kind regards!

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage

Looks interesting. Looking forward to more pics and updates on progress.

Jeff

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery

Great job at saving one from the scrap yard!  What plans do you have for it?  

You live in a beautiful place - I have visited Geneva/Lac Leman several times.

Acre's Hatch

Welcome! Very good starting point. Shame that some things were done to take away from the value. Did the interior headliner get replaced when the sunroof was closed? Should be a fun car to drive.

3G Southern Civics

crxracer87si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: element , f550, 86 crx

Its multicolored but I kinda like the body kit . Welcome to the site. 

better on the road then in the scrap pile. Keep the Honda's alive