Options For Fuel Line.

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

I managed to cross thread the fitting that connects to the firewall and I'm not sure what my best option is.  The male fitting on the hardline seems okay, so I think just replacing the hose or cutting the bad fitting off and replacing it with some sort of AN fitting from Summit are my two options.  I called the dealer and they want over $90 for the line w/ fittings; no thanks.  Went to the junkyard and none of the hondas they had shared the same line/filter style.  

My questions are:

A.) does anyone know where to find one from somewhere like Rockauto or Autozone?  AZ couldn't find it in their system and I couldn't on RA's website.

B.)if I went with the AN fitting, I'd have to buy the matching male fitting to slip on the hard line too, right?  I'm assuming the thread pitch is different from OEM to AN. 

photo_zpsf7edb646.jpg

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

I bet that cross threaded piece is just soldered into the bracket that bolts to the fire wall. If so grab the female end off an EF and solder it into that bracket. The metal "crimps" can be cut off with a dremel, cut lengthwise, just don't cut into the actual fitting underneath. Then bend it off with a flat tip screw driver. If you go to Oreilly's they carry fuel injection clamps. Replace hose with fuel injection hose and clamp each end with a fuel injection clamp. (or you can use pex pinch clamps in place of fuel injection clamps but they are one time use only)

Thought I'd also add that 86-89 integra should have the same hose.

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
Every time I have removed one of these from any of my CRX's I thought it was cross threaded from the person that installed this before me. I think that is just the way they are from the factory.

What I am saying is: you may not have cross threaded this after all they just seam that way.

Jeff

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I found the line on Majestic Honda, but under 2g CRX's.  I looked at my friend's fuel injected 2g wagovan last night, and although the connection is on top of the filter, it looked the same as mine.  Can anyone confirm that the threaded fitting is the same size?  I can see the part in the diagram for a 1g CRX, but the hose isn't listed in parts you can buy. 

Puddleskipper, thanks for the advice, but I don't have any way to solder it back together. 

I'm really pinched between a rock and a hard place with this.  Trying to make it to Screech's Autox in less than two weeks and I can't even fire the car up yet to see if it even runs. 

Edit: of course, after I post that, I thought: "Hey, let me check for a later gen 1g rather than an '85..."  Bam, right there it is for an '87 Si for only $52.  Much better than the $90 I was quoted from the dealer. 

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: Only loaners at the present time!
    Garage View Garage

Gee, niccer...my Majestic search showed that part (#7 in the illustration?) as discontinued and so did a few other OEM online parts sites. It's not obvious in the picture...my thought is, is it so badly stripped that a tap/die set couldn't possibly restore it?

Skip

"Old and usually in the way" - Check out my '86 3G build in "VIEW GARAGE"

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

It says discontinued, but I ordered it anyway.  I think they typically remove the part altogether from the listing if you really can't buy it. 

Tap and die would work, except the fitting it too shallow for the tapered set I have to 'bite'.  It would bottom out before the actual cutting part of the tap got to the boogered threads.  The male fitting on the hard pipe looks okay, so a new fitting/hose should do the trick. 

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Well damn, Geez, you were right.  Just received an email saying that they're out of the part and since it's discontinued they can't get anymore.  

How is the local Honda dealership able to order the part in then?  Makes me wonder if they were looking at the right hose to begin with when I was on the phone. 

rallyxcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx

You can get a bottoming tap, Dave

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I guess my next question would be what thread size and pitch the fitting is.  I might take the hose to lowes and see if the fitting starts threading onto any of the test studs they have. 

According to this how-to (http://civic-eg.com/...opic.php?t=7858), it would cost me around $85 to make my own hose.  That's including a 37 degree flaring kit and Earl's fittings through Summit and probably SS braided 6an hose.  

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude

Although I've never bought anything from them Pegasus https://www.pegasusa...egoryID=AIRFUEL carries a lot of fuel system parts.  Check them out.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND