6th Annual Gsr Meet Saturday, June 23rd 2012

• You cannot reply to this topic
49 replies to this topic

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Its that time of year again. Memorial day delayed meet. Location to be announced, it might be @ djclo's, it might be @ Gimpalot's, heck, if I can swing the time off, it might be @ my place. Anyways, I am interested in getting a count of peoples that plan to attend, for two reasons, I am planning on fajitas again this year, as well, the first shirt I am going to produce. I will need sizes of those attending, shirts will be a reasonable $10, this will cover material/production costs.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

BigOrange

• I pitty the fool aint got no honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I want a shirt! Not sure if I can make it this year though. : (

Edit: I will take a large Farva! I am going to try everything I can to make it this year. But as of now chances arent looking to good.

Edited by BigOrange, 29 April 2012 - 01:20 PM.

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suck

If a Hatch is Bread van, then what is a Wagon? A bread bus?
Wagoboost project, 7psi and giggling :)

Turbo Si Wagovan clan member

Sinic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 04 STi, 00 STi RHD, 07 TL
Sorry to hear that bigO. You will be missed.

I plan on being there. I'll also take a shirt (XL).

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I will edit my first post to say in large print, IF YOU WANT A SHIRT TELL ME WHAT SIZE. I created quite a stir yesterday.
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

euro86si-r

• "The Mexi-rixcan Is Here"
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 si-r hatchy w/ zc swap soon to be turbo, & integra brakes all around
my size is 3XL... do u have a pic of how the shirt will look?¿?
"Euro86si-R"

This has been brought to you by
"BLAMO"

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I'll make it happen. I want a medium
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

mallardtape

I should be there. Large for me please

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Been tHinking about this years meet. Count me in for 2 (qty) xl's.

I think the fahjitas have been a great tradition, so don't change. Working 70 hrs/wk, but let me know how I can help.my phone is the same, I think yours has changed. Call me

D
Keepin' it OEM

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Oh, I think my wife has finally accepted that reality of my 8 crx's. We're still married, so that's a good thing

Keepin' it OEM

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Update, I will not be making shirts, as it is, I won't even be in the area for the meet. For those interested, AggressiveSt will be here in the DFW area the weekend of June 7th.

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Sorry to hear you won't be around Jason!

Kinda thinking the 6th might be a bit tight on time.

The past few years everyone agreed end of June is best while avoiding fathers day. Hot, but it works. Being hot, we seem to need water. Dj closes worked great to have a pool to hang last year. Also, elaborate planning wasn't necessary.

So I'm thinking we get a park with a swimmable beach, or campground w beach.

Past meets have been closer to ft worth.

We go camping every year on lake texoma. I'm just going to toss out Eisenhower state park. Right off 75 about an hour north of Dallas. It's one of the cleanest, clearest lakes in Texas. We're taking the boat tomorrow for the day, well the boat is for fishin, but I just ferry the family to a secluded beach and swim,grill,drink for the day.

Been having great turnouts for the past few years. Central Dfw seems to work best since most just pop in. I just don't want to swim in any lake near Dfw. Ike park has a really great beach and day access is 5 bucks. Local roads are wooded and curvey. A blast to drive in our cars.

Or we just pick a park centrally located to cook out at.

Or Austin, San Antonio to even out the drive time for those who travel up this way in the past.

I have a 2 person kayak, 2 person snark sailboat. My fishing boat is basically a row boat, which is why I have a hitch on my Rex. Sorry, no jet ski or sexy ski boat here, but maybe others might have one. But day rental on a speedboat is around 40o bucks if we had enough to chip in for it.

We did speed zone a few years ago and anything on concrete is just to hot end of June.

Thoughts??? .... Be a shorter trip for bobby.....

Keepin' it OEM

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have a race on the 9th here at home. And I don't have the vacation time either. Have fun. One day I'll make it there. Perhaps Brat and I will co-drive the racecar there when we do get to go.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Okay, need some thoughts on a park. ( I'll get out your way sometime screech!! ).

So far zak, mallard tape, sinic and myself are confirmed.

Zak, normally you would crash somewhere here. Do you have a place to stay??? Could you still make it happen if I just get a campsite?

This week's going to be in the 90's w/ heat index in upper 90's. So water fun is a plus. Be worse in a few weeks.

Are the ft worth guys willing to drive due north of Dallas for an hour? Makes it harder to just pop in. Other issue is the gate closes by 10pm. You can still get out . Park ranger and sheriff patrol areas, so it quiet and relaxed.

Bonus: sandy beach, cleanclear swimming water. Boat/jet ski rental. Awesome wooded, curvey, black topped country roads to travel. Party stores nearby, nighttime bonfire. Sites have water and electricity w/ tables and covered awning.

If a few of you can give me a "go", then I'll make reservations. Issue, spots fill up fast, so I need to get a reservation quick to get best beach and boat access.

Chime in and let me know

I love to camp and fish so I'm thinking of getting a couple sites closest to the beach for the 23rd

Keepin' it OEM

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I went ahead and reserved a site closest to the beach for both Saturday the23rd and Sunday the 24th.

I'll have to post a map and directions. It's on the tx Oklahoma boarder about 10 miles as the crow flies from the denison dam
Keepin' it OEM

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
Can we get a show of hands for who we should expect to see?
I know that Sinic, Greasemonkey, and myself are in but what about DJClo, Hamster, mallard and the rest of you DFW/Austin/SA/OKC goons?
He who dies with the most toys, wins.