Made Something Today

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
yup with only the use of one hand pretty much i still pulled it off lol ,i need to buy another big rod end for the one side ,but this one will work for now wink.gif its not like the car is going to move anytime soon laugh.gif

funny thing happened though ,when i was welding it up ,a spark landed on my wraped wound and started smoking lol

here are the pics,

see the little 1/2 rodend lol im sure it would work fin but it looks funny

and a test fit on the car ,no more rim rubbing wink.gif

just gotta throw a coat of paint on it and she is done smile.gif

Edited by phatboycrxhf, 30 May 2007 - 11:35 PM.

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
primed it

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

myheadhertz

• Some days it isn't worth gnawing thru the leather straps
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '91 CRX si, '66 Datsun SPL311, '87 CRX turbo under construction
Nice work! And using only one limb? You must'a cheated and used your teeth to hold it.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (myheadhertz @ May 13 2007, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice work! And using only one limb? You must'a cheated and used your teeth to hold it.

thanks :)yup one limp pretty much lol thought about it but no laugh.gif i just placed it in the vice ,but had it loose enough to roll it with my arm ,then welded away , im sure i looked like a dork ,but no one seen laugh.gif tongue.gif so its all good

My Webpage

87crxdx

i've been meaning to make one of these since i put my intrax springs on, the rear axle sits way off. just wondering if you could list all the parts and sizes and where you got them. and one thing im not sure about either is how much movement do you need the panhard bar to have in order to line up the axle, what length is your bar and how far can it push out and retract. thanks bud.

Edited by 87crxdx, 13 May 2007 - 10:01 PM.

myheadhertz

• PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (87crxdx @ May 13 2007, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i've been meaning to make one of these since i put my intrax springs on, the rear axle sits way off. just wondering if you could list all the parts and sizes and where you got them. and one thing im not sure about either is how much movement do you need the panhard bar to have in order to line up the axle, what length is your bar and how far can it push out and retract. thanks bud.

BUMP!

Those were some good questions.

How about it phatboycrxhf?

When you get a chance...?

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
QUOTE (myheadhertz @ May 24 2007, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BUMP!

Those were some good questions.

How about it phatboycrxhf?

When you get a chance...?

He's been typing for two days trying to reply.... it's harder to do when you only have one hand to type with tongue.gif laugh.gif

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

myheadhertz

• PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ May 24 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's been typing for two days trying to reply.... it's harder to do when you only have one hand to type with tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ May 11 2007, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
funny thing happened though ,when i was welding it up ,a spark landed on my wraped wound and started smoking lol

JeepGirl - Maybe we should call 911 for Phatboy???

Phatboy could be chronically accident prone. By now, he may not have any working appendages!

myheadhertz

• PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ May 26 2007, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol I'm sorry people i totally forgot about this thread ohmy.gif my stches are out now (did it myself) wink.gif But im pretty sure my finger is broken ,i can sorta move it a bit and it hurts like a mofo , and when i whack it on something laugh.gif

Thanks for the info. Maybe you should get that finger looked at?
At least the stiches are out. That's good to hear.

I think that if the parts were laid out on the bench, I could figure out how to fabricate one. I have an RPR-bought adjustable bar now so would help too.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
QUOTE (myheadhertz @ May 27 2007, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^^^How the hell do you get in to drive it? is it you're DD?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ph34r.gif

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

myheadhertz

• PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ May 28 2007, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^How the hell do you get in to drive it? is it you're DD?
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ph34r.gif

It's not mine! My '71 is stock. Found the picture on some Japanese automotive image board awhile back.
That VW would look killer at night with about 10 kilowatts of blue neon underneath. Hmmm....I've got a pop rivet gun....

Jeepgirl - How about this 4x4?

87crxdx

hey phatboy, if u can make a quick ms paint or something with the dimensions at a few angles, ill build one at work and ill make a how to with a bunch of pictures for everyone else. im just confused from your post about how to make it lol.. laugh.gif but id really make a how to though for sure.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (87crxdx @ May 30 2007, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey phatboy, if u can make a quick ms paint or something with the dimensions at a few angles, ill build one at work and ill make a how to with a bunch of pictures for everyone else. im just confused from your post about how to make it lol.. laugh.gif but id really make a how to though for sure.

sure thing I'll delet that post and just do the mspaint lol i was really tired when i was typing it up ,sorry about that biggrin.gif

My Webpage

GENONE

• CRX Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1983 CRX (29th Build), 1991 CRX, 1984 CRX HKS Supercharged
    • Image Gallery
AWESOME!

but where's the pic of the smoking hand???? hahaha...
Posted Image
[GENONE] 1983 CRX Ballade Sports 1.5 SOHC Efi
[BANDIT] 1984 CRX Ballade Sports 1.6 DOHC HKS Supercharged
[SINISTR] 1991 CRX Si 1.6 DOHC Efi

87crxdx

QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ May 31 2007, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure thing I'll delet that post and just do the mspaint lol i was really tired when i was typing it up ,sorry about that biggrin.gif

no man its all good im really happy finally i get some detailed specs on how to make one, i have access to all the tools now needed to make one so that helps. just really tired of seeing my axle sticking out one side.