• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 crx
My Webpage

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/...bayphotohosting

its the pic 5th down on the right
it broke nearly off when i was driving so it swerve like a mofo.
please help

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You can buy a new crossmember from Honda and weld it in, but short of that and ghetto-fabbing a bracket to hold it together, there isn't much else you can do.

Furthermore, when the panhard mount breaks like that, chances are thats not the only rust on the car, and its time to find something in better shape.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

boosted_zc

• In need of anger management
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 90 Civic Si, 91 Turbo ZC Civic Hatch,95 4X4 Sonoma
Yup, cut out the bad section and get some 1/8 - 3/16 steel plate, make a "U" shaped section and weld in place. Wallah. If you don't have a welder or know of someone who does don't bother.
If it has an engine....i will tear it apart.

90 Civic Si
87 CRX DX !!SOLD!!
91 Civic Hatch w/ turbo ZC
95 Sonoma 4X4
02 CRV (the wifey's)

RTM

If I had $200 to spend I would get it rust and all.

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
not worth the trouble.

chris biggrin.gif
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

Coy

• Gone Sometimes...
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 92 Legacy wagon
thats exacty what happened to my old CRX, but mine ripped the panhard mount completely off the subframe.
this is a touchy subject... unsure.gif

kenny86si

• Phoenix CRX
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI(sold)- 91 Mustang 5.0 LX
    • Image Gallery
i bought that part from honda and replaced it . not to bad to do with proper tools and a fellow welder. i had to replace mine due to a rainy day incodent with a curb.

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
For god sakes people.........it's just a little bit of rust. Take boosted_zc's advice, weld in new steel. Just make sure you grind / cut out all the affected metal before welding in the new.
SportInjectedClub

Coy

• Gone Sometimes...
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 92 Legacy wagon
thats what i was gunna do with mine eastsiderider, but when they started to mess with it they noticed that almost all of the underside was screwed.
ant to think that my CRX was complimented as it was the least rusted of them all around here. the outer body was great but underneath was a different story.

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
Well, lets put it this way. These cars are salvagable! It may take some time and a bit of TLC.....but it's not rocket science. They are easily repairable! I just see all these posts from people taliking about thier rust.....and how thier car is dead....to me that is bullshit. It seems to be a bit of laziness to me.......... dry.gif
SportInjectedClub

NNBD

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Honda CRX 1.6i DOHC 1987
hmm thats some fucked up shit. What I would do is:
Go to the scrapyard and look for another CRX. Cut the piece out of the scrapyard car and weld it into yours.

Or, if it's a bolted piece, just replace whole thing.

I Guess it's a day work or so if you do it yourself

Edited by NNBD, 07 November 2004 - 06:13 PM.

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
shit...... you shoulda seen my dads old ford pinto..... laugh.gif youd go over a bump and the driveshaft would hit scrape from body flex..... and there were not floor boards..... the rex's have it easy. just a little tlc is all it takes.....

Sean

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (eastsiderider @ Nov 7 2004, 02:34 PM)
Well, lets put it this way.  These cars are salvagable!  It may take some time and a bit of TLC.....but it's not rocket science.  They are easily repairable!  I just see all these posts from people taliking about thier rust.....and how thier car is dead....to me that is bullshit.  It seems to be a bit of laziness to me.......... dry.gif

haha... i know exactly what you mean.. its funny because ive seen people on this board get sad over rust thats not even half as bad as mine was.. all you need is tin snips, some sheet metal and a welder..

even though i have never welded before, it really isnt that hard, after about half an hour i got the hang of it, and what better place to learn then your own car. As for a welder, every one knows someone who knows someone... i borrowed it from a freind of mine and everthing worked out just peachy.. and i live in CANADA! so next time you think you have bad rust.. come to vancouver (aka rain city) and check out our hondas ph34r.gif

good luck with the panhard mount.. as long as thats the only rust on it, you shouldnt have too much trouble
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

JDN14

Well, lets put it this way. These cars are salvagable! It may take some time and a bit of TLC.....but it's not rocket science. They are easily repairable! I just see all these posts from people taliking about thier rust.....and how thier car is dead....to me that is bullshit. It seems to be a bit of laziness to me..........

you obviously didnt see my 86 Si at N10, the car is FAR beyond hope. My 85 Si is salvageable but may end up going if the new tranny is bad. It's not a question of laziness, it's a question of resources.
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I stand by what I said
SportInjectedClub