Carbon Fiber Zc Hoods!

• You cannot reply to this topic
319 replies to this topic

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
dont forget that the packaging itself costs him money. If youre buying it yourself in small quantities custom corrugated boxes arent cheap.

Palletized frieght is a lot harder to deal with too, if you dont have a dock and at least a hand jack. I work in shipping and id find it hard to get any price even close to $60 for a piece of frieght.

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (funkmaster @ Mar 3 2005, 10:28 AM)
Palletized frieght is a lot harder to deal with too, if you dont have a dock and at least a hand jack.  I work in shipping and id find it hard to get any price even close to $60 for a piece of frieght.

I didn't even think about the dock and jack a company would need. The place where my bro and I work ships mainly large items and the shipping price isn't determined by size, only weight. I shipped a pair of 'teg seats to nivek on a pallet for 50 bucks, a tranny to ArenD on a pallet for 40 bucks, a complete Talon door on a pallet for 65 bucks, and I'm shipping a 'teg bumper to specialTEG for 30 bucks. Maybe I'm just lucky and have the access to ship things cheaply...I have been quoted outrageous amounts from UPS, USPS and FedEx for shipping the same items, so I know the problem Mr. D may be having with shipping costs. Sorry if I sound cheap, but I am rolleyes.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    Garage View Garage
Holy shit.... 4100..... that's alot of cash for a hood.... wow...

If I had a million dollars....
I have nothing...

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Mar 3 2005, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (Hollowman @ Mar 3 2005, 05:55 AM)
Mr. D what is the time frame on the 3G ZC Hoods?? A guesstimate would be helpful..  Need to save money ya know.. Thanks.. biggrin.gif

Me too! Mr. D, is there any way to reduce the price of shipping?? $125 seems a little steep, even though it's a large package. Are they sent by truck freight? I have shipped a 3x3x3' box weighing about 65 lbs. on a pallet for 60 bucks from PA to CA. I'm definitely interested in a 3G hood when they're released but can't justify paying 125 big ones to ship it.

That is great, but do you think a hood, one piece or not, would fit in a 3' cube? Come on....

I know the shipping is expensive but there really is nothing I can do about that now. A major part of the cost is the box, BTW. Shipping is by DHL.

3g hoods...I need to get one to prototype first....I think I know of one. Late spring, summer maybe?

Marcus

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Mar 6 2005, 01:47 AM)
That is great, but do you think a hood, one piece or not, would fit in a 3' cube? Come on....

I know the shipping is expensive but there really is nothing I can do about that now. A major part of the cost is the box, BTW. Shipping is by DHL.

Marcus

That was for a comparison. I was all hyped for the 3G hood but unless shipping becomes reasonable, count me out.

Edited by Airgazm86, 06 March 2005 - 03:24 PM.

DSMTimeline.jpg

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
personally, if I was marcus I wouldnt sell you one at any price with an attitude like that.

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (funkmaster @ Mar 6 2005, 01:23 PM)
personally, if I was marcus I wouldnt sell you one at any price with an attitude like that.

Sorry for expressing my opinion. I was simply telling of my personal experiences with shipping and didn't mean to be offensive. It's just that I'm not made of money and can't justify paying such a high shipping price. I want one of the 3G hoods more than you can know...but it's probably not gonna happen. sad.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Mar 6 2005, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (funkmaster @ Mar 6 2005, 01:23 PM)

Sorry for expressing my opinion. I was simply telling of my personal experiences with shipping and didn't mean to be offensive. It's just that I'm not made of money and can't justify paying such a high shipping price. I want one of the 3G hoods more than you can know...but it's probably not gonna happen. sad.gif

Haha, I don't mind if you don't want to pay shipping. It's ok. Honestly, I am sure you could have it shipped cheaper than me, but I am not able to ship freight at this time. And just because the place where you work does a lot of freight business and does not mean it is easy to do. Besides, the price is probably lower from doing volume.

I am not offended at all, but you have to realize what you are typing.

You are basically saying my price is OVER priced. And in doing so you not only discredit me, and the customers who have paid in the past (have not had one missing or damaged hood mind you, there have been at least 15 of them), but also you are turning away potential customers.

I know the shipping is expensive. I would not want to pay it either. BUT. There is nothing that can be done at this time. So....drop it you two!

AND COME ON PEOPLE! I only have payment for half of ONE hood! We need to get the ball rolling if we are going to get this done by the end of the year! I swaer, with all the friggin begging I expected to be halfway there by now!

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si, 98 civic dx hb
    • Image Gallery
paypal sent! wink.gif

DSK 86CRX

• Team Tach-Out MotorSports
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 honda crx hf/si and my 86 civic hatchback si
    • Image Gallery
mr.d what do you mean payment for only half of a hood? i sent my payment and it was for the hole thing. you did get my payment didn't you?

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Mar 5 2005, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Mar 3 2005, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (Hollowman @ Mar 3 2005, 05:55 AM)
Mr. D what is the time frame on the 3G ZC Hoods?? A guesstimate would be helpful..  Need to save money ya know.. Thanks.. biggrin.gif

Me too! Mr. D, is there any way to reduce the price of shipping?? $125 seems a little steep, even though it's a large package. Are they sent by truck freight? I have shipped a 3x3x3' box weighing about 65 lbs. on a pallet for 60 bucks from PA to CA. I'm definitely interested in a 3G hood when they're released but can't justify paying 125 big ones to ship it.

3g hoods...I need to get one to prototype first....I think I know of one. Late spring, summer maybe?

Marcus

That's what I wanted.. The saving has begun!!! $5.00 in the saving jar!!! biggrin.gif
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (DSK 86CRX @ Mar 8 2005, 03:51 AM)
mr.d what do you mean payment for only half of a hood? i sent my payment and it was for the hole thing. you did get my payment didn't you?

I mean, I had one guy pay for a half, and you paid in full....and now another guy has paid smile.gif

I will put names up soon....then we can see the progress without me screwing it up any more!

illogic65

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 87 crx si / 86 fiero gt fastback
how do i order a hood let me know please sorry if i sound like an idiot

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (illogic65 @ Mar 11 2005, 02:34 AM)
how do i order a hood let me know please sorry if i sound like an idiot

Well, IMing, emailling, or calling me is a good start smile.gif Then I can get your order based on how you want to pay.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Added a list so we can see who has orders going and how close we are!

Boman, you ordered a stock style hood, not a ZC one, so you are not added to the list.