Why Do You Love Your Car?

• You cannot reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
hey everyone just alittle off topic and just to shoot the stuff but i got a question. Why do any of you Love your car so much? I love my car because well it's mine for one and i enjoy very much to work on it and to make it go faster and also more reliable plus everytime something is wrong i get the satifation knowning i fixed it and that what makes me love my car more. Also i am very intreged by the intrenal combustion engine. If you think about it it has been around for over 100 years and really hasn't changed much. yes there is more power and the componates have become more advance but it still take air and gass to make it run but just wondering is all thanks

I3ackfire

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 88 Crx Si, 86 Crx Dx
I think the main reason that I love my car so much is because I wanted a crx since I was around 13 or 14 and took me 4 years to actually own one. The wait was grueling...

DSK 86CRX

• Team Tach-Out MotorSports
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 honda crx hf/si and my 86 civic hatchback si
    • Image Gallery
ok, currently being that my rex isn't runnin the reason i love my car, from what we have fixed, is the newly done beautiful black interior and that my hatch opens extremely smooth and i don't have to use a stick to keep it open the cylinders work now biggrin.gif oh and i also love that the only way for me to open my hood is that i have to reach under the car and up in to the engine bay, and pull the cable to open my hood, thats pretty funny. laugh.gif

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
Cause it smells good

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
Cause it's mine.
Cause it looks soooo hot smile.gif
Cause of that 'go-kart' feel

I love my car for a lot of reasons. I have to admit though. The fact that I found this supporting community helped my obsession grow that much stronger.

Kirk
No more CRX

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
Seriously why do you love you best friend.

cause they are loyal sometimes they arent even good

I are Corey

• ...how dare you
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Civic Si Hatchback
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
because how many people you know own a 87 si?
cause dey so hoottt!!!
its got that go cart feel like 87si said.

<span style='color:red'>SportInjectedClub</span>

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I love how freaking simple they are

Jonno2002

• Administrator
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 honda civic si, 1985 honda civic (the beater), 1987 civic si (converted), 1988 toyota markII
    • Image Gallery
cause they are just so dam nice, not many other people i know appreciate them and think they are just old nana shitters with a BIT of power, but i love them. they are good on gas, have plenty of power for me, sound amazing with that intake noise (zc sounds best), have the go-kart feel, look nice, heck the only thing i hate is the dam rust, both my cars have rust and its so anoying.

Kain

• From Ashy to Classy
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
Because it's great. Great MPG, good speed, awesome handling, crazy cool look. hell, it's an icon car! anybody who has half a brain knows what a crx is, i think it's that flat ass. dry.gif
Ay!
Ay, dog, ay!
You stepped on my sneaker meng!

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
only because its light as hell. put a big engine in a little car and it has got to haul ass. its the best way to take advantage of that power to weight ratio. ...handling, i have seen lincoln navigator's that handle better than my crx.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

AMightyWind

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 07 Audi A4 Quattro, 97 BMW 318ti, 1988 Ford Mustang GT
I enjoy driving a car that doesn't look like everyone else's rounded silver whatever. tongue.gif
Oh a Mighty Wind's a blowin’...

87MugenProCR-X

• Just Drive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Honda CRX, 94 Honda Civic 4dr, 95 Volvo 850 Turbo Wgn, 91 Mazda Miata
Great handling
Unique
GoKart feel
Good gas mileage
High potential
Cheap
And its been in my family ever since we moved to the U.S. so why get rid of it now

Julian

vervepipes

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '84 CRX
i love old cars, and it's very easy to work on, plus here in northern alberta, japanese cars are pretty rare (most are brought in by military members aparently) and a lot of the locals have never seen a crx, so i get a lot of "wow, whats that?"

DarkHand

Ahh, my Civic.

I always liked cars in general when I was younger, I just never knew it. I was obsessed with computers, electronics, and technology from when I was 4 years old when my grandpa bought me a Commodore 64. smile.gif Electronics, computers, science and technology were my passtimes... But all the while I had car models, hot wheels, slot racers, and was a bigger Knight Rider fan than the most staunch German Hasselhoff lover. =) I never once entertained the thought that I was a 'car guy' until after we got the Civic, though. It's the single reason I got into anything car related at all.

I absolutely hated it when we first got it. We got it when I was about 17 as a donation from a church. smile.gif I thought it was an ugly, old, slow car. Embarrassed to be seen in it at first, even. But it was the only car we had (save for a quarter size patch of surface rust on the wheel wells, it was a completely mint 86 DX Hatchback. I would pay $1500 now for a car in the condition my Civic was in then, and it was completely free. smile.gif ). I slowly grew attached to it as time went by though... It got us where we needed to go without complaint, all while my friends would complain about problems with their newer cars. My family put 90,000 miles on the Civic in just a few years, I eventually grew to love it for its rock solid reliability.
I got to know the car well, I had to do all the regular maintenance myself. Oil changes, plugs, wires, etc. I really had never done anything with cars beforehand, I learned all the basics while working on the Civic, figuring things out for myself and looking up the rest on the internet. If I took care of the car, it would get me where I needed to go.
Changing the timing belt was beyond my skill level at the time, that's why it finally broke its timing belt about two years ago. I was heartbroken. We rented a car for a while and eventually picked up an '01 Sunfire to get us by. After that I vowed to one day completely restore the car to repay it for all the great work it did for me and my family. It's been resting in the driveway ever since, waiting for me to be able to save the money. smile.gif
About a year ago I got a hold of my CRX, and have been learning a ton more since then. Having a car to work on that you're not afraid to pull apart because it dosen't have to be running the next morning does wonders for your learning curve. smile.gif

My familys transportation needs are skyrocketing as of late, and having one Pontiac Sunfire isn't nearly enough transportation anymore. I'm afraid I'll have to repair the Civic and call upon it once again to drive us around before I can restore it. But I know it's willing to wait and drive us around for another 90,000 miles if need be. If I take care of it, it'll get me where I need to go.

Edited by DarkHand, 03 August 2004 - 03:59 PM.

DarkHand