deadpool7372

• Give me Peppers!
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
C_piddy
I think I'm missing your point...
No NOS right?

biggrin.gif
Tom/RPR: You know you are hardcore when you remove the SEAT COVER!
Lubbock, TX representing. Ya HeaRd! :)

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
QUOTE (deadpool7372 @ Jun 5 2004, 12:37 AM)
C_piddy
I think I'm missing your point...
No NOS right?

biggrin.gif

lol ya man.... just want to say, why put a nos kit in one????? why???? doesn't make sence... for the price of a kit you can have a zc and my respect.

you better becarefull with nos. or bike gangs might start shooting at your car... THE NOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

but seriously nos is a cop out. also dangerous on a stock block.
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

unusualcivic

• Audio Guru
  • PipPip
THANK YOU C Piddy...jesus i thought i was the only person against NITROUS (NOS is a goddamn brand dry.gif) people rave about how cheap it is...yeah until you have to refill that bottle that doesnt even give you extra power all the time blink.gif
Blast from the past.

Founder of the

Simple87Si

hey hey i want you to do this! put NOS on your car.. but be sure to video tape your first squeeze.. laugh.gif
user posted image

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
If i had a cvcc engine in my car i would never even attempt doing anything to it besides an oil change and a tune up. It's just a waste of time and money in my opinion unless your an autocrosser or something and want to stay in your class. These engine won't make shit for horsepower and even if you spend hundreds of dollars and somehow manage 180hp out of it (which you probably won't) you would still get your ass handed to you by someone that has a moderately suped up zc or d16a1 or maybe a close to stock b16a1. but if your heart is content on keeping that little engine i would build it for either turbo or n/a.

Again this is just my opinion, not trying to make anyone upset. ph34r.gif

SportInjectedClub

eldo

• Think outside the box horsepower
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86CRX 68Chevelle 69GTO
    • Image Gallery
Just for the record ,there are pros and cons to nitrous,depending on what you want to use it for. Nitrous is safe but you have to follow a few rules without exception(same as with building a high hp motor to run safely N/A or turbo,it can't be allowed to detonate)
-Have enough proper fuel(octane,flow and pressure)
-Timing set for no detonation(retard 2-4 degrees of timing for every 50 shot of nitrous)
Know what your dynamic compression is(what the actual compression is when the plug is firing pending on head chamber size,head gasket thickness,piston dome,piston to deck clearance,valve timing,etc)
I know for a fact that following those guidelines,you can run a 50 shot of nitrous in a stock EW2 motor with a nitrous cam and a good carb for a long time.I have run a 100 shot for 6 good pulls but i don't think that will last so now the motor is apart and waiting for a set of forged rods and pistons to be on the safe side.
I would personally only use nitrous at the track(constantly refilling the tank costs and is also illegal here on the streets in B.C.if they catch you with an open valve)and it's no fun knowing you can only hit it so many times before it's empty(N/A or turbo is the way to go for street use only)
Like so many members has said,do more research into it before choosing!(thats why i chose the turbo for the street with the nitrous shot for that extra oomph for the track)
Ed
86 Crx DX EW3 block EW2 ported head , Coltcams (nitrous/turbo Stage 2 Triflow )

T-25 with a blowthrough Keihin carb - 13 psi .

I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

zAd -

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Integra, CR-X
thanks eldo for posting information that is valuable. i could actually get a d16y8 for free yes free im also borrowing the nos kit to see how the motor would feel with nos. if it blows ill swap the motor. i know how to build motors i work with b-series motors but never tried nos and didn't want to waste a motor trying to use nos but i can afford losing the ew. just wanted to know if the ew motor can handle a 50shot thats all but people have to be asses when u bring up nos or nitrous. although some of the fastest honda use it like to spool a t67 or a t88 and some use it to cool the supercharger. im not a big fan of nitrous but wanted to try it out but its all good to be an ass. have a good day.

crxhybrid85

• D-Series Power
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 97 Integra RS w/H22
Nitrous is a lot of fun, but it can get expensive. I don't see it as unethical either, I mean anybody can get it if they want it. Nitrous is NOT a bandaid for a slow car though. I already had a ZC before I got my kit. I can't see the point of putting a 50 shot on a carbed ew. Those of us with ZCs will still blow your doors off. Probably couldn't even get into the 17's even with nitrous. And did you say you were going to swap in a K24?! Like out of a Element/CRV?! I'll stop just short of saying it's impossible.
Brown Top ZC 85 Si
H22 97 Integra RS

SportInjectedClub

user posted imageuser posted image

dantheman

• i miss speed :(
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX, 86 Olds Cut Supreme
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxhybrid85 @ Jun 6 2004, 01:47 PM)
Nitrous is a lot of fun, but it can get expensive.  I don't see it as unethical either, I mean anybody can get it if they want it.  Nitrous is NOT a bandaid for a slow car though.  I already had a ZC before I got my kit.  I can't see the point of putting a 50 shot on a carbed ew.  Those of us with ZCs will still blow your doors off.  Probably couldn't even get into the 17's even with nitrous.  And did you say you were going to swap in a K24?!  Like out of a Element/CRV?!  I'll stop just short of saying it's impossible.

i have faith my DX is in the 17's. ive raced my friend who ahs a 99 ranger 4cyl who runs consistant 17.5's. everytime we race he gets 2-3 cars on my by 85 which is approximately where i would trap in the 1/4 if not slower. going by the general rule of thumb every car length is a tenth of a second. so that puts me around a 17.8 or so.

zAd -

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
crxhybrid85 either a k20 or k24 the k24 from the tsx got i-vtec also or ill swap the k20 head on the k24 wutever i do the car will be mauling and it is possible. dmotoguy is dropping a k20. i have already seen a k24 in an eg and have seen a k20 in a crx but its raised a lil too high because he wanted the axle straight so the engine sit outside the hood its cut rite in the middle. charles madrid helped him everyone knows charles rite.. 300-315whp all motor should be attainable at the end with a light enough car thats 9 seconds. as for swapping ht emotor being impossible i think anything is possible i have seen a h22 turbod in a 2nd gen if u dont beleive me ill show u pics. im going to have to fab custom engine mounts and custom axles for sure wiring will be a bitch but o well.. my gs-r was backfiring running really lean it ran 15.2 trapping slower than wut i did when i was stock. so i guess there is no point in using nos but i never tried it and wanted to see how it would feel in the ew.

Edited by zAd -, 06 June 2004 - 08:16 PM.

eldo

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I believe that there is a lot of missunderstanding when the subject is about nitrous.Most people hear about it as a guaranteed way to blow up motors and it's true coming from people who don't have a clue about it,not setting their motors up right for it and blowing the sucker up(very popular in the import crowd) Go to your local track and talk to guys who have run nitrous season after season and hear what they do(some of these guys do push the motor to the max and do blow a motor every now and then, but ask them and they will tell you that there is a safe limit for every motor-even stock- to run nitrous if set up proper.)
A lot of people i know just want to try it to get the experience from it. (like changing a cam) I was always a little leary of it but a racer buddy of mine has used it safely for over 10 years now(not one blown motor from it running 12's)and i never had a more exhiliarating moment then the first time i hit that button with a 100 shot.Go over to SOHCHonda.com and check out their nitrous section.These guys run 75 shots all day long in stock motors.
Ed

eldo

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (crxhybrid85 @ Jun 6 2004, 11:47 AM)
I can't see the point of putting a 50 shot on a carbed ew.  Those of us with ZCs will still blow your doors off.  Probably couldn't even get into the 17's even with nitrous.

Totally wrong. Rampage witnessed the 15.57 N/A run on 185/70/13 Canadian Tire rubber.

Edited by eldo, 06 June 2004 - 08:32 PM.

Ed

zAd -

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i actually know a person running 150 shot nos in his stock block integra gs-r and is reliable setup as long as you know wut ur doing like have individual fuel management system in which some retard ignition automatically when nitrous is shot in ur motor but i dont want to get into talking about stuff. its too bad nitrous carries a bad wut the word connotation maybe because of fast n furiaaas and i also never did like the idea and would probably enver run it in my other cars but people need to not be so narrow minded and research themselves plan their motors according to wut they wanna do... eh fawk ranting but wutever do wut u want peace.

yo eldo good 1/4 mile for that trap speed

Edited by zAd -, 06 June 2004 - 08:35 PM.

5150CRX

• some people tell me that I need help......
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx,94 teg,75 bmw 2002, 91 crx si(sorta)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
blah blah blah...I'm gunna put nitrous on my ew just to see how long it lasts...60 shot style.....nitrous isn't this evil beast you're all making it out to be...
Aidan
5150 Autosports
15110 E. Nelson #C
Industry, Ca 91744
(626) 806-5150

www.socalracer.com

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
say good bye to your motors people..... it still is a cop out. build your motor swap your motor and have reliable power.... put nos and it's a ticking time bomb.

just my opinion... nice... glad to see you people are starting to read up about it... you can understand my frustration when people are talking about nos, when the also clame they don't understand how a carb motor works... that's just funny.

chris
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove