Engine Dies Loud Pop Noise

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

zAd -

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Integra, CR-X
Im trying to fix this a crx i believe that the header gasket is leaking. When i idle it it sometimes stalls soemtime it doesn't. I decided to take this thing out once which wasn't a good idea but i started to drive it around it and it made a loud pop noise then later on the rpm needle automatically went to 0 and the car stalled. i found out that if i had to keep the car above 3k to drive it around or else it will die.

the car has major exhaust fumes from the front of the car and i put my hand close the header and on the left side it feels like its pushing some air but im not sure. it smells bad front the front of the car and not the back of the car.

so wut do you guys think any idea. vacuum leak. loud noise is that from a header gasket leaking?

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sounds like you had a backfire. I have a leaking exhaust before my muffler at the connector pipe (only two of three bolts holding it laugh.gif ) and it backfires when I let off the throttle down hills at higher RPM.

I never have had a problem with stalling, though.

Looks like you already know your problem, or one of them, so replace that header gasket and see what happens!

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

LEW

• member 420
  • PipPipPipPipPip
carbed or efi?

if efi, any codes?

user posted image
ebay id mike_lew
user posted image

zAd -

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Integra, CR-X
carbed im new to carb dont know anything.