Finally Some Pics Of My Car

• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

crx_racer86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Crx dx b16a ,1987 crx si stock for now
Hey guys if you remember i posted awhile back about painting my car olive drab green with a spray can, well im done, with the painting anyways. I still have some odds and ends to do to the car to finish it off as i need it on the road in order to travel back and forth to school in the fall. Anyways heres the link to my gallery check it out and tell me what you think, all comments are welcome. thanks

heres the pics enjoy
Project E-AS Squad now underway
Olive drab
Flat Black
B-series
1st gen represent
user posted image

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
looks decent. Whats up with the single foglight?

I kinda think oud have been better off with a couple hundred dollar maaco paint job, I have never been a fan of flat color painted cars. with the possible exception of the hood, but thats really best on some 60s muscle cars.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Awesome.

This picture is sweet:

Are those 16's? Can the stickers on the front window, IMO, but keep them if you want, its your car. I would suggest some meguiars trim detailer for your B-pillars and front lip, too, to darken it up a bit.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

dantheman

• i miss speed :(
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX, 86 Olds Cut Supreme
    Garage View Garage
whats up with the uniwiper?

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
EHHHHH look too mutch like a few cars i know

DarkHand

Now THAT'S some serious camber! biggrin.gif

The two tone idea along the top instead of at the bottom isn't half bad.
DarkHand

crx_racer86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
haha thanks for the comments guys i appreciate all of them

darkhand: thats not camber the tire was just laying up against the car at that point
dantheman: uniwiper stays i like it
rampage: thanks its my fav too, those are 15's from an mx3 painted flat black, and the front lip is painted flat black also its just faded as it was the first thing i painted along time ago, and i like the stickers give it some personality. thanks for the help with the gallery too biggrin.gif
funkmaster: the foglight is gone now i was in the process of installing the pair but my ram air set up got in the way plus i had no brackets for the other light

thanks for all the comments guys keep'em coming i know i cant please everyone ahem (ghostone) ahem lol just kidding man im sure u see alot of this type of thing in cali but where im from its one in a million, anyways thanks again biggrin.gif
Olive drab
Flat Black
B-series
1st gen represent
user posted image

crx_racer86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
for the record the other car in that pic is my buddies he's in the process of restoring and duplicating my cars paints scheme but with some minor details done differently, hence the e-as squad sticker theres 2 of us!! lol
Olive drab
Flat Black
B-series
1st gen represent
user posted image

zAd -

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Integra, CR-X
that looks real f'in good how much paint you use how much did it cost at the end. also im not too familiar on 1st gen but what kinda wing is that. i wanna put a wing like that on my car

Edited by zAd -, 24 August 2004 - 10:55 AM.

demon2180

not half bad do got to say love the pic that rampage pulled out nice car what you have done motor wise? love the corner lights
user posted imageshift light offuser posted imageshift light on heheh
user posted imageSportInjectedClub

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
I like the idea of the black top as well. It looks pretty decent. I really don't like that.. uhh.. green?? I am color blind.. and if I can't tell what color it is.. I don't like it.. hahah

Kirk
No more CRX

84bluerex

• I need more peppers!!!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2003 srt-4
    Garage View Garage
S W E E T ARE YOU GONNA PUT CLEAR COAT?
user posted image
DOWN WITH POSTWHORES!!!!!

crx_racer86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
replies

84 blue rex: nah clear cloat will take away the flatness in the color
87si: thanks, i dont expect everybody to like it, its a love it or hate it color i guess
demon: thanks man, motor is basically stock for now, i ahve a b16 getting shipped real soon tho, corner lights are diy
zad: umm about 1 can for every panel id say give or take a little cost like 120 bux for all materials, paint tape sandpaper, and the best invention ever the spray gun attachement for the spray cans its a lifesaver, and the wing is off an 85 si i picked it up for 5 bux at a local junkyard

keep the comments coming guys
Olive drab
Flat Black
B-series
1st gen represent
user posted image

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
Well done. That's how we got my car to be flat black --- just bomb it with a spraycan.
It came out really decent - not a fan of the colour, but like you said, you like it and that's whats important.

Make sure you clean the car often, a non-clearcoated paint tends to absorb dirt
and might rust on you. Also the sun does it's share of fading youll need a few cans for next year to freshen it up. biggrin.gif

JAKOB biggrin.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

crx_racer86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
thanks for the tips boman, your car was part of my inspiration so i thank you for that. i keep an extra can in the trunk for touch ups haha
Olive drab
Flat Black
B-series
1st gen represent
user posted image