My Brother Is Getting A Corolla

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

B@T "El Argentino"

We just saw this Corolla and I think my brother is going to buy it.
http://indianapolis..../133072898.html
Is not a fast car, but he doesn't need one since he has a Shifter KArt.
Are those good? it seems to me that the price is very good, the only thing I dont like is that the odometer doesn't work.
B@T 46 "THE DOCTOR"
[email protected]
user posted image
My "VOUCH" tread http://www.redpepper...44

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I would recommend a toyota.. I have a 99 corolla and it has been very dependable 90,000 miles of flawlessness..... but why not recommend a 1stgen/3rdgen??? either way its a good car...

crazi-85crx

the only thing i don't like about corolla's, that i can think of ('cuz i'm sure there's more), is that my brother-in-law's doesn't have a tach... how do you know when to shift?

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Tell him to keep an eye on the suspension. My S.O.'s sister has one and she has to have some front suspension parts replaced and she hasn't had it but about 4 yrs. or so. Aside from that and the interior, I don't think there has been anything on the car with an unnaturally short life.
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

B@T "El Argentino"

Thanks for the replys
Do you guys think $1000 is a good price for the car in the link?
B@T 46 "THE DOCTOR"
[email protected]
user posted image
My "VOUCH" tread http://www.redpepper...44

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
Pretty much can't go wrong with Honda or Toyota. As far as I'm concerned:

Honda or Toyota

everyone else

That's a decent price too. Like you, my only concern would be the "non-working" odometer dry.gif

QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Feb 12 2006, 11:30 PM)
... how do you know when to shift?

You LISTEN to the motor, boy!

bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

85c-rex

• For the Tenacious, no road is impassable
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1996 Nissan 200sx SE-R(DD), 1969 Ford Mustang (Hot Rod), 1985 Crx Dx (Dead)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
my buddy had one with an auto for 2 years, and from the redline n-drops to throwing it in park at 30, to jumping a huge dip often...we couldn't kill it, never had any major problem with it...
There are 3 goals when modding a car.
Cheap, Reliable, and Fast.
Now the down side. You only get to pick 2...
user posted image
Fact: A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have turned Emo.

Put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% who stayed gangster as $h!t.

cburnscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 Honda CRX Si, 93 Honda Prelude VTEC, 92 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 WT, 96 GMC Suburban SLT 4x4, 98 Acura CL 2.3, 06 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL, 09 Maxima SV, 09 Acura TSX 2.4
I don't like the broken odometer thing, but I have owned one before and it ran great! The interior door handles will break, but you can get them off eBay if you need. Actually I can fix them with zip ties if you really need a cheap fix. Anyway, those are the major issues with the car that I can remember. Brakes and tires are unusually cheap for that car. Go for it.

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Feb 12 2006, 04:30 PM)
the only thing i don't like about corolla's, that i can think of ('cuz i'm sure there's more), is that my brother-in-law's doesn't have a tach... how do you know when to shift?

If there is no tach, there should be a shift light... But there's always the by ear/feel method.

The tach is sort of optional after you've had enough experiance. At least when there are no aftermarket mods. The rpm noise is unmistacable and the fact that the power drops off drastically should be a clue, if not... buy yourself an automatic. ph34r.gif

But seryousely, for a daily driver, your car should never have to scream to acelarate.

nivek2002

I had a 91 Corolla V6 Wagon for a short time. Pretty good car for a granny. Everything is rubbery, suspension is very soft. Mine, might be because of V6 weight, would scrape the front bumper during a hard turn lol. Steering is vauge too. Overall a good car though lol.

Kevin