What Modern Car Comes Closest To A Crx?

• You cannot reply to this topic
99 replies to this topic

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
Yeah - that's true - That's why we got the Echo hatch & the Smart car before the US.
We still don't have most of the European makes here - at least the ones that Top Gear tests in their "hot hatch" category.

SlaveSpawn

• 速いロケットはホ
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 何も Mitsu ? Honda Civ. ?
The Crx being like a Puegeot or a Clio...rofl no way.

Maybe after a engine swap upgraded suspension etc but...stock comparisons to those 2 cars is ridiculous.

Another car that comes close is the late 80's Nissan Sentra.

B@T "El Argentino"

QUOTE (SlaveSpawn @ Dec 8 2005, 04:36 PM)
The Crx being like a Puegeot or a Clio...rofl no way.

Maybe after a engine swap upgraded suspension etc but...stock comparisons to those 2 cars is ridiculous.

Another car that comes close is the late 80's Nissan Sentra.

I know is ridiculous but they are the closest MODERN cars that resemble a CRX.
I'm not saying that they are equal, just the type of car is close. Ex, FWD, 2 doors, weight distribution, interior space, shape. -Not mechanicals-
B@T 46 "THE DOCTOR"
[email protected]
user posted image
My "VOUCH" tread http://www.redpepper...44

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
no, they are way to heavy, not at all as fast as they should be with all that power, and sertanly not cheap.
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (calmoc9 @ Dec 7 2005, 09:14 PM)
QUOTE (slavteren @ Dec 7 2005, 03:46 PM)
i don't know if you got it in the states, but susuki ignis sport i quite simmilar, low price, good engine 109hp in a small car, exelent gearbox, and good suspension, comes originally with recaro seats and so on. the size is almost the same too.

can you post a pic?

scott

What Scott means is "No, we don't have that car in the U.S. market, how about some pics. of it? wink.gif

To answer the original question,
Obviously the days of the (very) lightweight, 2 seater hatchback, no airbags, no cupholders (much less safety features), etc. are gone forever.

Probably the closest I can think in the U.S. market would be the Scion XA. The Major difference of course, is the XA has 4 doors, and a back seat.
Comparable size, though and only Toyota rivals Honda's reliability in the Japanese auto market..

bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

car_bum

• car bum
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si, 97 eagle talon tsi, 95 integra, 98 integra
    Garage View Garage
echo ce 3 door
its the closest
1.5L, 5spd, 108hp, 2081pounds, manual steering,

Type two-door, 4-passenger subcompact hatchback
Layout transverse front engine/front-wheel-drive
Engine 1.5 litre 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16 valves, VVT-I
Horsepower 108 @ 6,000 rpm
Torque 105 lb-ft @ 4,200 rpm
Transmission 5-speed manual standard
Tires 175/65-14 all season radials
Curb weight 944 kg (2077 lbs.)
Wheelbase 2,370 mm (93.3 in.)
Length 3,733 mm (147.0 in.)
Width 1,660 mm (65.4 in.)
Height 1,500 mm (59.1 in.)
Cargo capacity (seats up) 204 litres (7.2 cu. ft.)
Fuel consumption City: 6.7 l/100 km (42 mpg)

its the closest car spec wise out there.
start with a crx, then go mitsubishi eclipse, then run back to honda and never think those dirty thoughts again.

car_bum

• car bum
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si, 97 eagle talon tsi, 95 integra, 98 integra
    Garage View Garage
vitz

i want one
start with a crx, then go mitsubishi eclipse, then run back to honda and never think those dirty thoughts again.

ae7f

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic CRX 1.5, carb, EW1
Car bum, thanks. I'll take a look.
Ben
'84 Civic CRX- 11-10-10 - reached 300k miles...

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

be aware of crx clones as this..it may want to look like one but its not!!!! laugh.gif pontiac lemans hatchback crx wannabe...
PS.. hey guys i think i got this picture thing down I hope soon you will see my stuff..

Edited by etmydst, 09 December 2005 - 04:39 AM.

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
hey, dont pick on that, that is a licence produced opel kadett, in eourope it came with a 2,0 litre 16v engine with 150hp one of the few cars i have respeck for in a race. a popular mod over here is to put a 204hp turboingene in it. and there even drives some round vith v6 engines!

and i posted pics of the susuki earlier in the tread wink.gif
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

duner

• What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (etmydst @ Dec 9 2005, 03:37 AM)

be aware of crx clones as this..it may want to look like one but its not!!!! laugh.gif pontiac lemans hatchback crx wannabe...
PS.. hey guys i think i got this picture thing down I hope soon you will see my stuff..

i may want to see pics of your car, but please dont post your stuff/junk/dillywacker...pleeeeease laugh.gif

Edited by duner, 09 December 2005 - 04:47 AM.

Living the Air Force Dream!

Vouch Thread

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
[quote=slavteren,Dec 9 2005, 04:46 AM]hey, dont pick on that, that is a licence produced opel kadett, in eourope it came with a 2,0 litre 16v engine with 150hp one of the few cars i have respeck for in a race. a popular mod over here is to put a 204hp turboingene in it. and there even drives some round vith v6 engines!

well here in us-of-a that car is called a p.o.s. LOL laugh.gif all you foriegners get all the good cars anyways..send me some pics of the foriegn version of the pontiac lemans...

[quote=duner,Dec 9 2005, 04:47 AM]
[q

i may want to see pics of your car, but please dont post your stuff/junk/dillywacker...pleeeeease laugh.gif
[/quote]
bwahhhhaaahahaha laugh.gif laugh.gif I cant post that because then all you guys will never feel like real men again.. LOL j/k. sure ill show you my CAR!!!!!!!

Ryland

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '85 Cr-X HF (Stock), '84 Civic DX (totaled) '92 Civic VX (Stock) Honda cb350, Honda cl100.
    • Image Gallery
honda civic 92-95
I have the 1992 civic VX, closest thing to a newer CRX HF, it should be getting 48-56mpg... but I think I need to take it a little easier on the gas.
photos of the car's don't do them justice, and lowered they look like crap, but in person they have a slightly sporty appearance, and are pretty fun to drive.
they came in a handful of trim leavles:
CX is base, crank windows smallest engine.
DX has rear wiper, and a few small options, maybe power windows if you wanted them?
VX has the 1.5 Vtec-e engine, just under 2000 pounds, 92hp, tons of tourqe, cruse in town at 1,800rpm, and opens up those extra valves at higher RPM for more power, no power windows, or cruse controle, 9 pound alloy rims (lightest that I can find).
SI heavest car in this body style due to all the pointless options, but it has a larger 1.6 vtec engine to make up for the slughish weight.

It does have a backseat, altho like mine, it stays folded down most of the time, lots of aftermark parts are avalible, they are still pretty easy to work on, the inside is pretty simple, the only draw back is that they are hard to find, I spent months looking for mine, and have only seen a handful of them sence then, there are as many 2nd gen CRX's in town, as there are civics of this year, maybe 4 of each, and my 1st gen crx is the only one I've seen in 60 miles.
I would love to get a kevlar hood, carbon fenders, and a d15b1 engine, at least I think that was the engine that was a 1.5 3 stage vtec, for better economy, more power, with a higher redline.

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Opel kadett 2,0 16v:

My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (slavteren @ Dec 9 2005, 02:49 PM)
Opel kadett 2,0 16v:

man that does look nice smile.gif not like our american junkpiles..im so jealous...