Installing A Weber 32/36 Dgev On A 87 Honda Crx Dx

• You cannot reply to this topic
47 replies to this topic

rockosocko

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 2 many 2 list..

I'm going to a SI head later this week, hopefully..

(just can't find a "regrinder" for the cam that's NOT 300.00+!!)

e

atomichack3r

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic
Sorry to dig this thread. But does anyone have a close up picture of how exactly you hooked up the throttle cable to the linkage. The person that installed my carb put the linkage passenger side. My cable now will snap off if I get into it more than halfway. Trying to get this fixed asap for security concerns. Thanks a lot!

rockosocko

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 2 many 2 list..

From what I remember, the cable/housing turns 180deg and it will come out.  .....SO, one can angle it to the right or left 'cause it really doesn't matter which way you have it routed (after you put it back in the fire wall and turn it back 180deg to lock it in) on a NON-SI intake (US ones though) since the cvcc port is inbetween the primary and secondary ports of the base, from what I remember seeing.

What I did was to use a larger COTTER PIN, put accelerator cable through cotter pin, slide 'legs' of pin through plate, and expand legs to hold the cable to plate

and I didnt' have to cut the end "T" off the stock cable.

OK, OK    don't get all excited.. The cotter pin isn't going to be the safest for long term use. I planed on just doing a head swap (SI) until I took a trip to Nashville

and burnt about a gal of oil. Now it looks like more of a rebuild with teg pistons, lightened flywheel/HD clutch and some other stuff.

Don't know if that makes sense to you

I'll try and post some pics later.

Errol