1986 3G Taking The 700Hp Gsr Soul Form A 90 Crx!

• You cannot reply to this topic
44 replies to this topic

f20bcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 honda civic hatch b20
    Garage View Garage

Hey RPR! I am currently Building my 3G with a full drag spec set up from my  9sec 90 crx drag car that was sadly rear ended and totaled out in november  :(

After a while Of considering different types of chassis I ended up turning to the little old 86 civic that was sitting in my back yard for many reasons weight of a 3G civic is actually lighter than my Crx also if my Crx was a killer that would make this thing into a monster murderer with 700hp I was running in my Crx nothing ever touched me on the strip or the street. So off I went to order the mounts for the 86 from hasport and started to fit the wiring and dash while I waited for the mounts. once they got here I swapped in the engine with its full turbo set up pipes intercooler all fit perfectly like if it was made for the thing lol. I also just found the password to this so I am a bit ahead I currently have the body harness dash harness and engine harness all in place and cleaned up a lot with the whole engine in place and wired up. I am currently working on retro fitting the AEM fuel pump in the gas tank and im and trying to source some integra knuckles for the hasport axles. I will definetly be putting the whole braking system from my crx to the 3G its a willwood NON Power Brake compact master with the calipers and drilled slotted set up from my crx the stopping power I had was amazing! So amazing I got rear ended by a distracted driver lol. Heres the few pics I got Im not to big on picture since I get so concentrated but I will put pics up of the end results of every adaptation completed and progress I do as I go on.

Edited by f20bcivic, 20 August 2016 - 08:17 PM.

B20 86 CIVIC IN CONSTRUCTION

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

I'm drooling! More pics please!!!

dms04

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: AJ civic

i can't see no pictures at all! :s

f20bcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
20160123_131158.jpg
post images

f20bcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
20160123_132900.jpg
upload images free

f20bcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
20160123_133340.jpg
post a picture

f20bcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
2016_01_22_18_37_06.jpg
how to screen capture

f20bcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage

Those are the pictures from the first two days of the swap I got a lot accomplished I will upload pics of the crx dash installed really soon

dms04

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

It looks very good :D

did you had to chop the front due to turbo / waste gate/ or something?

f20bcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Yes i had to remove part of the core support to fit the turbo and waste gate along with makkng room for a radiator which i have to have custom made becacue it hast tl be slightly smaller that the orginal one but i still want it tl be a two row raiator.

dms04

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

you're using cast iron manifold exhaust and also didnt have space to it..

i'll chose a turbo with internal wastgate to save space, i got some very good options in here.. would it be enought?

f20bcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
The manfold is custom made to support 700hp also for the power im putting out a external wast gate funtions better and im mor comfortable with and because of hlw big the turbo is. Im using tial waste gate and tial bov. And to close the hood ill just use hood key locking pins

f20bcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Also dont foret the whole set up is from a 90 crx so they has way more room in the engine bay. But the sacrifice is not much. When i swapped a euro R f20b in a 3rd gen i cut up alot of a 3rd gen to do that lol.

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

Whatever is removed can be welded back. Too bad they didn't make a removable radiator upper core support like the 88-91 civic stuff and maybe newer cars as well. I have another upper core support for my car that I plan on making a removable core support for my car. I want it to look it came that way from the factory. Curious what your set up is to reach 700hp and if you have to do anything to strengthen the chassis? And how much boost? I can't fathom trying to drive something like that in traffic, any issues with idle in traffic or overheating?

f20bcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
For the upper part that i cut out i plan on fabbing a piece that cant be removable with a few bolts! Also update i got her running!