• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

mrlindeman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX SI
    Garage View Garage

I finally got some time to take the front end apart and clean it up. Pics are kinda big. 

first step was to get the front off. Then any light rust was taken out and primer was applied. at that point painting began. I decided to go with matte black. 

DSCN0143.jpg

The hardware got painted

DSCN0152.jpg

Nasty fan. I found some hack and slash wiring for the fan and thermo sensor, so I re did all of that. The damn fan isn't even for this car. One of the bolt arms is 2 inches off. 

DSCN0144.jpg

After cleaning and paint. I went with high heat on these to be safe.

DSCN0148.jpg

DSCN0145_1.jpg

The top support was damaged while under previous ownership. A lifted truck trailer ball kissed the passenger side headlight and crushed it into the body of the car. After fixing all of that prep began. The support will eventually have an aluminum trim piece to hide some of my not so great body repair. 

DSCN0147.jpg

It was sealed black for 12 years. Its time to bring it back to life.

DSCN0149.jpg

After full restore I think it looks good. 

DSCN0158.jpg

Here is a shot of the engine side. Much cleaner look. Not a spec of rust in this car except for one tiny spot on the rear quarter panel. That will be addressed next summer.

DSCN0159.jpg

Next step is to clean the rest of the bottom engine area. Its grimed up pretty good down there ;)

More to come, Thanks for reading.

Edited by mrlindeman, 17 January 2016 - 12:42 PM.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: Only loaners at the present time!
    Garage View Garage

Nice job, looking better and better, keep it up! I just have to ask...what's with the "cap" on your brake fluid reservoir?

"Old and usually in the way" - Check out my '86 3G build in "VIEW GARAGE"

mrlindeman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX SI
    Garage View Garage

Nice job, looking better and better, keep it up! I just have to ask...what's with the "cap" on your brake fluid reservoir?

i think I got that years ago at autozone. It fits on the old cap and has lock pins to keep it on. Its aluminum. If I remember correctly it was the very first appearance thing I got. This car was a wreck when I got it. 

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

Hylsan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2xCivic '87 :: 1xCivic '98

Very nice job!

Makes me wanna fix up my front aswell...good push :)