Time For New Carb Or New Car?

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

0ldSkoolRex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87crx
hey whats up guys my car is giving me some trouble and i need help so heres my story my car has done this once before and i waited like an hour and then it started and ran fine like nothing happened. what it did when i started it today was it was boggin very badly the cars carborated its an 87 crx dx i tryed driving it but it was boggin very badly and sounded like it wanted to die it was also spititng out black smoke/carbon so i pulled it into my drive way and it stalled and now its not starting but im gonna give it some time and hopfully itll start up again like it did last time this happened is this a carborator problem??? or something more major. thanks for the help

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
QUOTE (0ldSkoolRex @ Dec 27 2006, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey whats up guys my car is giving me some trouble and i need help so heres my story my car has done this once before and i waited like an hour and then it started and ran fine like nothing happened. what it did when i started it today was it was boggin very badly the cars carborated its an 87 crx dx i tryed driving it but it was boggin very badly and sounded like it wanted to die it was also spititng out black smoke/carbon so i pulled it into my drive way and it stalled and now its not starting but im gonna give it some time and hopfully itll start up again like it did last time this happened is this a carborator problem??? or something more major. thanks for the help

check vaccum hoses, replace carb, check vaccum hoses again
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

0ldSkoolRex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ok thanks for the help ill let you kno if it changed anything

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
compression test might also let you know if something wlse is going on
1GRPhotography
MySpace

0ldSkoolRex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ok so i wetn and checked the vacum hoses everythings fine n nwo its running fine again i guess im due for a carb guess ill just order a webber also any one know where i can get some good jdm or mugen, spoon etc wheels from??? thanks for all the help 1st gen ill also do a compression test soon hopfully

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (0ldSkoolRex @ Dec 27 2006, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok so i wetn and checked the vacum hoses everythings fine n nwo its running fine again i guess im due for a carb guess ill just order a webber also any one know where i can get some good jdm or mugen, spoon etc wheels from??? thanks for all the help 1st gen ill also do a compression test soon hopfully

well what king of wheels do you want specifically?

Craigslist, ebay etc might be a place to check

get a hold of Airjockie, he might be selling some whells, he is the biggest wheel whore EVER!
1GRPhotography
MySpace

0ldSkoolRex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
lol ok thanks alot man i just got this crx recently i have been dieing to get into the import secnce i wanna keep a nice clean import no ricer shit lol thanks for the help ill post a pic of a car with the wheels that caught my eye idno what they are called il post them in like 5 minutes thanks again.

0ldSkoolRex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i like the red ones http://www.jdmcarboy...jdmcarboy01.jpg im also lookin at these ones but idno where i can get my hands on them from is the 3rd car ( the white crx 88-91) http://www.honda-tec...=237599&page=63

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
Are you doing anything to the engine? If you are going to keep it mostly stock, consider finding yourself a CDM carb. It flows okay, works with 2 vacuum lines, and is easyer to set up.

If you are planing to build your engine, thogh, get yourself the aftermarket... or so I hear...

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
the wheels you are talking about on thewhite crx rotra or how ever you spell it make them in thay style
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

0ldSkoolRex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ok thanks alot guys sorry bout being such a noob im only 16 but i have my juniors and im plaing on doin a decent amount of work to the motor i have been lookin into gettin the webber carborator i want to make it nice and fast but keep it original not ricer thanks once agian.

85supersleeper

• am i still in the slow lane???
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic sedan
those rims on the white crx you are talking about are rota j-mags. they are replicas of the mugen m7 wheel.