Saturday, May 26th

• You cannot reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic

Sgt. Pepper

My goal is to drop the EW into Liz before the end of the month. I really could use some help from RPR members who have "been there, done that" and are willing to visit lovely Emmaus, Pennsylvania. Time frame would be the weekend of May 19/20 or May 26/27. What's in it for you? Hot dogs/hamburgers on the grill, pizza and adult beverages for those 21 and older. Overnight guests can crash here.

If you got the time and want to help, let me know. I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

Thanks!

Sarge
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

superex87

• King Of The Streets
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx DX
hey
I could help out on the 26 and 27th, I havs some exsperence with installing engines
Thankyou mods for resizing my grossly large pic.
user posted image

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
I can't make it that weekend, but feel free to put my number on speed dial. I'll do my best to help any way I can by phone. I'll PM my number to you.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
How close are you to Washington, PA?

down4ce

Me and chris can be there, might bring a technician from wasabi auto as well.

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (funkmaster @ May 7 2007, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How close are you to Washington, PA?

Which one? There is one south of Pittsburgh, that would be a haul (5+ hrs). The other is near Carlisle, about 2 hours.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Sgt. Pepper

This could turn into a mini (working) meet if I get enough volunteers. The only reason I ask is because I have never done anything like this before and I am more likely to F* something up without experienced help.

Thanks for the replies so far, I will firm up a weekend asap.

Sarge

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'll try to make it up. Only issue right now is the lack of a job...

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (RFL85CRXSI @ May 7 2007, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll try to make it up. Only issue right now is the lack of a job...

That would be great!

Looks like I'll have the "cherry picker" by May 19/20th weekend. Today I picked up radiator hoses, battery and cables, tranny fluid...

Sgt. Pepper

May 19th just got pooped on - goddaughter's college graduation (could get out of it if enough people are willing to show up). Also just realized that the 26th/27th is Memorial weekend. I have a family picnic at my house on Sunday. So here's the plan:

Friday, May 25th - get house ready for picnic and "project Liz"
Saturday, May 26th (all day) - drop in engine/hook things up and attempt to start
Sunday, May 27th (all day) - all are welcome to picnic

*Food and beverages served all weekend to RPR members

This schedule gives me time to gather parts and things that I still need to make Saturday a smooth operation. Speaking of which, what all is needed? Off the top of my head, I have:

engine
engine oil
trans
trans fluid
clutch/flywheel
wire harness
battery/cables
coil
radiator/hoses
coolant
new fuel filters
new starter
new alternator
new plugs/wires

superex87

• King Of The Streets
  • PipPip
I dont know how old the gas in liz is but if its realy old it wouldent hurt to get new gas, also fuel filter
user posted image

superex87

• King Of The Streets
  • PipPip
also to all the guys coming i am parting out my 87 crx dx and can bring parts so pm and ill see if i have the parts
user posted image

Sgt. Pepper

What is this, I think it's broke?!

Just a hint of what's in store - engine bay:

Liz's powerplant:

superex87

• King Of The Streets
  • PipPip
umm that part thats broken looks like its part of the intake manifold!!!!, does it come off,??? ill bring my intake if you dont have a spare.
user posted image

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That "part" is a water bypass to the carburator and back into the IM/head.

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!