More On My Vibration Problem

• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
What kind of wheels do you have? What lugnuts?

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

It's your outer joint on your CV shaft. Your doing alot of cornering at high speeds with your car, this is causing excessive wearing in the outer joint. I have had the same problem (On ramps :D) and there is no tell tail clicking on my car when I turn right or left. When I would go to back out though it would make a metal clunk which I assume was a sticking brake or something in the suspension. When I floored it (while driving) the vibration would get worse, when I let off though it would vibrate less. When I jacked up my car and tested everything it was all tight, however, when I rotated the tire I noticed the cv shaft did not rotate right away when I spun the tire. It maybe spun a 1/4" before it started to engage the shaft? Replace your outer joint, or just replace the whole thing and your problems will go away, mine did.

Andy69

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
Keizer wheels. Don't know the lug nuts, I'm just using the ones in the big jar that came with the car. Might be good to check to make sure they are all the same weight.

Good tip on the cv joint , I'll take a look.