Throttle Body Venting?

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: in circles. I did take a right out of turn four once and regreted it.
I wasn't sure what to call this thread to get attention. It may not anyway. I seem to be on the road less traveled.

My recent mounting of an H T/B to a ported A1 manifold, poses some interesting questions. All ports have been epoxied and smoothed, including the IACV. I no longer have an external MAP sensor either (not that it allows air in but I have zero vacuum hoses). The current set up required opening the butterfly and re-adjusting the TPS to match, in order to get enough air to idle.

I'm curious if anyone would have a suggestion on how big af a hole or holes to drill into the butterfly so I can leave it shut, or close to it, and not have to adjust the TPS as much. I'm thinking a pair of 1/8" holes to start with. I don't think that will be enough but obviously don't want to go too big.

I'm hoping the added air will show on the wideband and require more fuel pressure to be in the same zone. If it does, I know I'm making more power. Right?

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
How do you plan to run the car with no map sensor?

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: in circles. I did take a right out of turn four once and regreted it.

No more "external" MAP.  It's attached to the H T/B. 

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
Ah!

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!