Wtb: 86-87 3rd Gen Hatch Rear Upper Spoiler "wing"

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

JEM MotorSports

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: me up the wall
Searching to purchase an OEM rear upper spoiler "wing" for an '87 3rd generation Civic Si hatchback.

I understand they are difficult to come by.
Thought I'd start here.

I could have this wing duplicated in Carbon Fiber but would require to get my hands on one first. Group buy would be available for the first 8 interested.

keep me posted. Thanx

pics for refrence:

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
What is your location?????
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

JEM MotorSports

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (badpenny @ Oct 2 2006, 01:35 PM)
What is your location?????

In the Los Angles County. Downey area to be exact.

why?

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (JEM MotorSports @ Oct 2 2006, 04:28 PM)
In the Los Angles County. Downey area to be exact.

why?

Because there was someone not more than a week ago sold what you are looking for, it had been forsale for 3 weeks, and its now in TX, thats why, plus you didn't define where you were in your profile so, I thought I would ask.

On the repro, bit. I hope you do find one. And I hope you do get copies made. We all do.
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

JEM MotorSports

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (badpenny @ Oct 2 2006, 02:30 PM)
Because there was someone not more than a week ago sold what you are looking for, it had been forsale for 3 weeks, and its now in TX, thats why, plus you didn't define where you were in your profile so, I thought I would ask.
On the repro, bit.   I hope you do find one.  And I hope you do get copies made.  We all do.

good look'n out. keep my email handy should you come across another.

[email protected]

We are real serious about producing these for this community. Thanx for the heads up on the profile issue. making adjustments now... thanx

I might even be as inclined to not only purchase a wing from someone here but also offer them a free CF version of it in exchange depending on if the demand is great enough here. Win/Win situation.

So in short, If the demand is great enough(minimum pre-purchased/8+ buyers), who ever sells me the original could potentialy end up with a free CF version.

Basicly, all the pre-buys would recieve about a 25% off list.(limited to the first 8 buyers only!) Any other purchases made there after pays full retail.

This is a prety common practice in tuner/specialty type forums.

We've had hoods, fuel pump covers and door panel inserts made for us in this fashion. It turns out to be positive for those that cooperate.

Realisticly, I see this wing MSRPing for $300ish per unit.

However, I have yet to see the underside or mounting points.
This may be an issue as to why no one has reproduced it.
The physical contours from the out-side don't appear extravegant and should not give a problem producing the mold.
It may have a different method of mounting once completed.

ah yes,... and before anyone asks. turn around time would be approximately 6-8 weeks on the initial first batch order.

Edited by JEM MotorSports, 02 October 2006 - 05:17 PM.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
What would be the requirements of the spoiler "condition wise" to be a good candidate for reproduction, or what are you looking for "condition wise" ? Also If a group buy Is large enogh for say 1g CRX mugen repro wings or other "parts" will this be in the future to do? rather than just 3 g spoilers?

Edited by etmydst, 02 October 2006 - 05:23 PM.

JEM MotorSports

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (etmydst @ Oct 2 2006, 03:21 PM)
What would be the requirements of the spoiler "condition wise" to be a good candidate for reproduction, or what are you looking for "condition wise" ? Also If a group buy Is large enogh for say 1g CRX mugen repro wings or other "parts" will this be in the future to do? rather than just 3 g spoilers?

I have yet to focus on the 1st gen CRX wing but I don't see why we wouldn't be able to accomodate to those buyers as well.

However, I would care to pace ourselves one at a time. So that we are not bombarded with questions on multiple items in present production.

As for the condition of the intital 1st wing is concerned, it would have to be in relatively good condition. Must be straight with NO previous mods or repairs. Oxidation should not be a problem.

An exchange of a ton of pix (j/k) would be required before we accept the intial wing to begin the prep work & tooling.

mindlessracing

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 05 gmc sierra; 97 teg h22 turbo; 87 crx hf; 90 300zx tt
    • Image Gallery
the bottom shouldn't be a problem to dupilicate. it fits on the stock spoiler, three bolts through the top of the spoiler, throught the stock spoiler and nuts underneath. there are plastic covers that go over the bolt holes in the top, there is a little knotch underneath for the stock rear squirter.

if it is possible you should focus on making a one piece one with a stock spoiler on the bottom, that would be cleaner and lighter, plus the later 86-87 have metal stockers that rust.

i sold mine a while ago, about 2 months but it was repaired. i didn't get what i paid for it though but at least it went to a good home.
user posted image

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Here is one.