• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

antiheroCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si D15A3
    Garage View Garage
so i have this leak that has caused some smelly wet carpet that i have had to dry out. I am tired of my car smelling like a wet dog. I pulled back the carpet that hides the firewall and sound deadoning and kept it back. Its been raining a lot here and i noticed today that the drips are coming down the sound deadoning piece from behind the dash. Any ideas from where???? Any ideas how to fix???
user posted image
SportInjectedClub

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Got sunroof? Could be a clogged drain tube. Could also be water getting into the fan blower box and dripping out.

addiction2bass

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 99civic EX, 1995 fullsize extended cab.
    • Image Gallery
maybe windshield....

my truck after i replaced the windshield had a puddle on the floor after it rained....
guess the weather striping stuff didnt work very good so i just used some silicone to seal the windshield which worked fine.

but another leak i had was on the passenger side small puddle but it was a bad heater core leaking......

antiheroCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
i was thinking sun roof as well and since my sunroof doesnt work because of a stupid broken piece of plastic that caused a miss alignment, i took out my sunroof drained the hoses and put it back in a sealed the whole sun roof. Water tight like a ducks ass. Im thinking its possibly windshield, though that means a seal went bad, which is prolly possible in the 20 years its been around. Or its water around my blower motor housing. How do i fix the blower motor housing problem if thats the case?
user posted image
SportInjectedClub

antiheroCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
can there be a possible leak in the fender area?
user posted image
SportInjectedClub

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
I have the same problem. Only the passenger side gets soaked. I should check out the sunroof first I supose. The moron who owned the car before me installed 8" subs in the rear corner pannels and cut the draineg hoses to fit them in. So I had a small lake in the back of the car this past month.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

DarkHand

My otherwise rust-free crx had the same problem and caused a rust hole in the passenger side floorboard.

For me, it was caused by a mouse nest in the ac/heating blower! The nest material piled up and clogged the fender drain on that side of the car, underneath the black cowling at the base of the windshield. Water pooled up around that area and rusted its way through into the passenger compartment, dripped down and caused the rust hole in the passenger floorboard.

Remove the black cowling at the base of the windshield on the outside of the car (the clips just pry up, careful not to break too many tongue.gif ) and look for obstructions/water/rust.

Edited by DarkHand, 13 January 2006 - 10:04 AM.

DarkHand

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
So check the sunroof and the entire windshield area. Not to mention those draineg hoses off the trunk that the last owner cut. Grrr sad.gif
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

antiheroCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
yea i pulled up the cowling when i had to replace my wiper linkages, and i pushed a coat hanger down that hole to pull out and try to clean anything out. That was 2 months ago though. Where does that hole lead?
user posted image
SportInjectedClub

DarkHand

QUOTE (antiheroCRX @ Jan 13 2006, 11:09 AM)
yea i pulled up the cowling when i had to replace my wiper linkages, and i pushed a coat hanger down that hole to pull out and try to clean anything out. That was 2 months ago though. Where does that hole lead?

The large one goes into the hvac blower, the smaller one on the fender is a water drain. If the drain gets clogged all sorts of leaks can happen. Check the seal of the windshield itself while you're in there too.
DarkHand

crxtjb

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx
QUOTE (Disco Stu @ Jan 12 2006, 05:00 PM)
Got sunroof? Could be a clogged drain tube. Could also be water getting into the fan blower box and dripping out.

everytime i turn on fan after it rains, water dumps out onto the passenger side floor. im glad im not the only one with a puddle on my passenger floor and rust through the floor because of it

ChrisF-dude