• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Ok ive done some stupid things in my car but tonight had to be stupidist. I give you full permission to laugh at me. Ok i was going around showing my buddy how fast my car was and i came out on the highway and shifted 1st to second at 7 then went to 7 and went to hit 3rd and with that new trany its like shifting butter and i slammed it right into 1st and the tires locked up and i threw it in nutreal and drove away. Feeling like an idiot. sad.gif But then it idles really stupidly..and had no power for like 5 minutes. Then after i put some juice into her she cleared up and runs good. Any idea what happend? lol. Laugh at me..i deserve it. Im making a dummy shift plate. lol.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

zeroclearance

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx
L0L omg rofl!!!1!!!1!!!!1!1!!!1111

break it in before you fuck it up. I know how it is to try and show off for people but when it ends up costing you money it just ends up makeing you look like an idiot. I hope nothing is fucked up though, i know how it feels to lose your one and only car. sad.gif

bombayscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx dx
ouch, i have no idea what you did, just dont do it again, maybe its cuz you took the wing off lol jk

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Lmao actually its still there cause i dont got the new hartch on. Im just driving around with no window in the back. I hear its a good view from back there. Thats what she said anyways. lol.

bombayscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx dx
haha

-=Playboy=-

• Honda! Bloody man's car
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Honda CRX 1.5i 1984 Ballade Sports, Honda CRX Si 1985 ZC
    Garage View Garage
lol that reminds me of a mate who replaced the engine in a skyline gts-t and put a new clutch in it, the second it was going he went off and did skids in it wink.gif

yum

smashfascism

• TURBO ZC!!!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Turbo ZC, 1997 GMC Jimmy, 1991 Chevy pickup, 1989 Prelude SI, 1991 CRX HF, 1980 Chevy Stake bed (Bogger)
your lucky you didnt float a valve, I did a 1 2 1 shift with my B16 and floated 2 valves, it reved to 9k when I put it back in 1st
WTB- Turbo Parts: Turbo, Wastegate, FMIC, BOV

FS- Crx and Integra parts, lots of stuff just ask.

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i did that with my 90 Si.. flipped the alt. belt inside out on the pulley's.. also took out half the final drive pinion gear. but still ran and drove for about a year after.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

bscott0812

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 honda crx si, 2004 dodge stratus
alot of times when people shift their tranny hard like that itll over rev and blow, but i drive a towmotr thts a diesel for my work and i threw it from second to reverse and it did the same thing, and it sounded like it was running backwards..a couple days later it started pouring oil and burning it...i d check all my seals if i were u...i also owned a dodge pickup i did that to and it blew out the valve cover gasket from all the pressure...dont know how though??

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
i think that wing is the stupidest thing you did to your crx...

bwahahahahahaha

couldn't resist....
thank god you didn't blow the motor....

chris
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

boostinginvegas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx SI..89 crx si b16 turbo...91 firebird formula...93 toyota 4 runner
i did that racing a souple of years back with my 2nd gen crx.....single cam vtec 12 psi missed third hit first not pretty blew up on the freeway a month later

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Thats not good to hear. Im not too content with my car at all lately..so i dont know what im gonna do yet, maybe bag it and buy a better crx..that or just sell it for dirt cheap. Im tired of dealing with all the shit.

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
maybe your timing belt jumped a notch...i had mine a notch off and it ran like that. ummm....check compression if you can...might have bent a valve. check basic crap too...like spark plugs. that would be a nice cheap fix.
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Cars running fine i right now. Theres nothing really wrong with it..becides the fact that im starting to just dislike my bloody honda..but it will come back

DarkHand

QUOTE (chedda_j @ Apr 26 2005, 09:11 PM)
shifted 1st to second at 7 then went to 7 and went to hit 3rd and with that new trany its like shifting butter and i slammed it right into 1st

Wait, how'd you go from 3rd to 1st? You moved the shifter down, to the left, and up? huh.gif
DarkHand