• You cannot reply to this topic
161 replies to this topic

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Drove almost 12hrs. today to get this beauty, only have one good photo atm... but rest assured there will be more to come for this great car. Let me just start off the whole introduction by saying........ if you don't have the Tein suspension, you have NO idea what you are missing. This Si is truly a well kept machine. I have all the plastic already to replace the cracked pieces, and it has a one piece hood in great shape. The Tein coilovers, 24mm torsion bars and Cusco strut tower bars as well as a rear sway bar. There will be some additional suspension work, but not much. This car has ice cold A/C and will be my daily starting today.

It still has the good ol' EW in it, but with a street cam, CAI, Mugen headers, a full custom cat-back, and a PERFECT maintenance life; it will REALLY pull hard. I was really shocked at how well the car runs, but it REALLY runs soo soo good. I'll have photos and videos up later for everyone to see. Only the best of my parts collection is going on this baby, and it will be painted and repaired for daily enjoyment.

Show some love fellas'!!

Picked up this car in Virginia Beach and knew I already had a great project when I picked it up. This is just my journey to finishing up the loose ends on this already beautiful car.

First a shot of the lady driving/enjoying the new car... rolleyes.gif

Well, I got a LOT of work done today. Here are the pics, enjoy. biggrin.gif

Put in my HID's

Put on my old front plate and frame

New rear plate and old frame

My old MOMO wheel and hub

Aluminum rear drums... and I was having a problem with the e-brake and a really soft pedal on the way home...

Turns out both rear adjustment rods in the drum brakes were totally frozen all the way shut, so the shoes could not adjust; that and the e-brake lever was installed backwards... huh.gif lol

MMMMMMmmmmmmhhhhmmmmm..... Tein's

DC sports shifter...... BNIB..... I almost cried when I opened it.... but kinda forgot about it when I put it in and felt it. tongue.gif

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Poly bushings for the shifter, and I've got the kit for the whole car comming soon.

then came the adjustable pan-hard bar... worked like a CHARM!

And that's all for now! Just drove around and enjoyed it laugh.gif

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Moved the EQ from the glove compartment to the center console, LOVE the way it looks and easy access is nice! Shifter looks good too!

Thats all for now!

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
I hate you. lol. I just want the Tein's for myself.

Great project. keep the pics coming!
twitter: @lylehatton

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Swapped on my already spray bombed fenders today, and changed out the broken side skirts and door caps for the ones on my old Si. MUCHO improvement!!

Still lovvve this car... biggrin.gif

KSousa

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1986 integra LS
Wow, congrats on the car. It must be fun to get to put on all kinds of parts at once. =)
Check out my build!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=48435
custom extended fiberglass rear spoiler that wont develop rust bumps and weighs half as much as oem!http://www.redpepper...showtopic=55523
Tired of replacing/fixing your brittle plastic fenders? Wihttp://www.redpepper...showtopic=55674

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Man, this is going to be sweet after your all said and done!

I'd bet you could sell those wheels on craigslist for about enough money to pic up some clean 14" CF48's somewhere. Just a thought!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (OG Wagon @ Jun 6 2010, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, this is going to be sweet after your all said and done!

I'd bet you could sell those wheels on craigslist for about enough money to pic up some clean 14" CF48's somewhere. Just a thought!

I know.... but I like the wheels actually. But I would KILL for set of CF48's. I love those wheels.... tongue.gif

A-Man

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: da, eg, at, etc.
nice work its got some good parts on it to

do the poly bushes on the shifter do much?

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
They do alot actually. Just swapping in the bushings with the stock shifter will usually work wonders on these cars and their 24 year old rotting rubber pieces. Shift slop is lessened and the shifting feels much more "positive". You should try it out. One of my favorite upgrades to both my CRX's honestly.

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Well the heat index got to 100 today in my hometown and I'm having a slight issue. The radiator in the car had broken tabs that the fan mounted to, so it had crappy air flow. And the fan wasn't kicking on sometimes, so the car began to try to overheat. (its a half width radiatior) So I swapped out the radiator for a half width unit that I had for the other car so I could have a different fan, different thermo switch, and a radiator with the mounting points for the fan to sit tight against the radiator for good air flow. SUCCESS!! But then this............

Now when the A/C is on and I coast to a stop and push in the clutch for it to idle... the car wants to die. It DID die the first few times I ran it around, but then got a little better. I wondered if I didn't get all the air out of the system that would somehow throw off the idle air control valve?? shot in the dark... The A/C fast idle valve is working, just doesn't seem to bring the idle up far enough.

The one good bit of news I can say is this however, to all the naysayers about half width radiators in these cars and they not staying cool. The car stayed below or at halfway with the A/C on while I was enjoying some "spirited" driving. Even did with the old radiator and the crapped up fan. Just got hot when I was sitting still or doing below about 40. biggrin.gif

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Dying when you push the clutch in is pretty normal for a car with a lightweight flywheel and A/C. I didnt re-read the first post to see if you have one or not. If not it could just be the age of the electronics that are suppose to boost the idle when the A/C is on. Just get in the habit of blipping the throttle when you push the clutch in.
Posted Image

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Yeah, factory weight flywheel to the best of my knowledge... However, I think the car was just having "a moment" because after cruising around for a bit and topping off the fluids its returning to idle just fine! It does idle quite low when the AC is on... And I would like to do something about that at some point, but no worries for now.

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Just thought I would share some of the goodies that came with the car.... of which alot of and more than I'm going to show here is about to be for sale in the FS section soon. wink.gif

I don't even know what this is??? blink.gif

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Also decided to rep the RPR logo on this car... now I just have to find another set of these decals... dry.gif When these wear out or for the other car; what do I do then? lol