Dead Motor

• You cannot reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic

kill123tom

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 crx
So i killed my car today. its been eating oil for the last week, and today it blew the seals. Heads gone on it, and this really sux. thought u all might like to know. Trying to figure out how to get another motor for it, but im poor as seeing how im in college.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Go to your profile and fill out your location.

Wait you are in cali arent you?
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

kill123tom

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
UMMM no i am in Yakima, Washington. I need new motor. or a used one, im not replacing the fucking headgasket. waste of time. and money.

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
yeah except not

If its just the head gasket, no its not really a waste of tim/money to fix but if u drove it around at it was overheating and shit.. then you prolly warped the head but I dont really understand what happend - "eating oil for the last week, and today it blew the seals. Heads gone on it"
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

gkiing

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
a head gasket is like $30. What a waste to buy a new motor. And valve seals are another $20, for a whopping $50.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (kill123tom @ Mar 12 2006, 05:10 AM)
I need new motor. or a used one, im not replacing the fucking headgasket. waste of time. and money.

Ooooo, man. You gotta love a determined teenager. Tell ya what. Find an import motor shop, or go to a honda dealership with your mom. Let them know what they need to get you. Then, you will get what you want, and not have to pay for it. And you won't have to learn anything about your car. Also, don't forget to have a small tunershop to put it in for you and get your mom to pay for that also.

I understand what its like to be 16 and not know anything about your car. Best thing for you to do is to put it up forsale and go get a Neon.

I am not kidding. cool.gif
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (badpenny @ Mar 12 2006, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (kill123tom @ Mar 12 2006, 05:10 AM)
I need new motor. or a used one, im not replacing the fucking headgasket. waste of time. and money.

Ooooo, man. You gotta love a determined teenager. Tell ya what. Find an import motor shop, or go to a honda dealership with your mom. Let them know what they need to get you. Then, you will get what you want, and not have to pay for it. And you won't have to learn anything about your car. Also, don't forget to have a small tunershop to put it in for you and get your mom to pay for that also.

I understand what its like to be 16 and not know anything about your car. Best thing for you to do is to put it up forsale and go get a Neon.

I am not kidding. cool.gif

laugh.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif
i'd have to agree with badpenny on this one.

kill123tom

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Woah, i got flamed pretty hard there, guess i should have explained more. this will be the third head gasket that i have put on the car. I thought that the car was leaking oil for the last week, then it started blowing smoke like mad. checked the oil and it was brown colored, looked kinda like chocolate milk. Pulled the head and cylender 4 is gone. fucking thing has chunks out of it. seals where close to fucked anyways. I will spend just as much time putting in another head gasket, and hoping that it works, as i will putting in a different motor.

As for the determined teenager thing (im 21) graduatingfrom college, no job, just a little stressed about the car fucking up. I kinda need it to go and look for work.

And i found a b16 that im thinking bout rebuilding and putting into it depending on how much i can get the motor and the parts to rebuild it for.

Edited by kill123tom, 13 March 2006 - 03:16 PM.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Ok, good explanation. Now, the last time you replaced the headgasket, did you get the head checked for sureness? (make sure the head wasn't warped?) Did you take out the dowel pins? (small tubes in the head that keep it properly aligned on the block?

Sorry to hear about the chunks of stuff. That stinks. I am currently finding out that I have been running on 1.5 cylinders, due to my dowelpins were not installed. And hadn't been for 6 years, this lead to the cracking of the head. (It was brand new when it was installed a year before I purchased the car.)

Yeah, you might just be better off getting another engine, Just for the ease of the workload. But getting a new one will be close to impossible. Replacement parts can be found for it relatively cheap, you just have to do some legwork, like jisengine.com THey have most parts for our cars. THey do not carry bolts or the dowel pins.
Or you can try Rock Auto. com Inexpensive and decent quotes on shipping.

Dowel pins are found at the dealership.

This is the best I can do right now. Thanks for clarifying. I know it can be frustrating. THat is why mine has been sitting for a while. I got frustrated with it and found something else to do while it gathered dust. Now I am determined to get it goin again. cool.gif

kill123tom

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Yeah the head was checked, the second time the head gasket was changed. my cousin took it down to his shop, and had it put on a machine, the thing was dead even. dowel pins where there and in place.
I dont know for sure what im gonna do, just kinda waiting round seeing what i can get. ill take performance over easiness, if i can get the stuff for the same price, or even close to it. I got all the people that i know out looking for parts/ motors and whatnot, sooner or later ill come across something.
Id even take the same motor that is in it if i can find one. wouldn't be too hard to rebuild one if it was pulled, and ran semi decent before being pulled.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Do you have the dx or the si?

kill123tom

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I have an HF.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (kill123tom @ Mar 14 2006, 12:57 PM)
I have an HF.

How concerned with fuel economy are you? Do you have emissions in your area? Can you get the surface of the block checked out?

There are many things you can do.

Get more power by getting the 1.5 engine, or get just the dx head and put it on. Or get the si head and an electric fuelpump set up. For more power. The dx head will match right up to your intake and exhaust and dizzy. And keep you emissions friendly. cool.gif

kill123tom

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
there is no emissions where i live, only requirement/ law on that. if i remember right is u cant upgrade the exhaust, and make it louder than the one that came stock with the car.

as far as fuel economy, if its above 20 miles per gallon i can deal with it, i only drive round town anyways so...... and most stuff is within ten miles.

still working on getting the b16, its out of a rolled car. One of my friends works at a junkyard. and im possibly going to be putting that in, depends on the shape of the motor.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Someone on the board has a set of remanufatured/homemade motor mounts for the swap you are contemplating. Do some searching in reguards to this.