The Spring Kick Off In Bakersfield

• You cannot reply to this topic
55 replies to this topic

alexm86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si - Greek White, 2005 Convertible Mustang, 1995 Ford F150 XLT (5.8L/351W)
I will be there with my turbo 3G.

alexm86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si - Greek White, 2005 Convertible Mustang, 1995 Ford F150 XLT (5.8L/351W)
Also, I'll bring my Canon Rebel and Tri-Pod for good pics too. I'll also bring my compact Cannon just in case I need to take vids of anyone being thrown in the Jacuzzi again smile.gif

What happens if you give people wrong directions!

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Si-R-Spec & 2005 Tacoma
QUOTE (alexm86 @ Feb 24 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's sure to be something to look forward to seeing!

Of course I'll be there Doug. Let me know if there's anything I could help out with.

- Rene

hatchbox

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 DOHC Si 1600 Hatch, 86 DOHC turbo Si 1500 Hatch & 86 CRX EW4 Si
I'm not going to make it to the Las vegas meet because my swap won't be done in time dry.gif but I plan on making it to this one. Iv'e been wanting to go to a meet where more than two or three torsion bar Honda's show up. Should be a cool trip for me. I plan on driving strait down I5 from Washington to the meet but on the way back I'd like to drive up the coast. Should be great fun. Please let anyone else comming from way up north that I would love to convoy to the meet and that they should PM me to make arrangements. See ya next month. biggrin.gif
Get more bang 4 your buck.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
The Vegas meet was great, but it really served the purpose of allowing me to do a complete "shakedown" run in preparation for the Bakersfield meet. Vegas is all well and good... But Bakersfield is the swingingest hot spot in California's Central Valley. laugh.gif

I learned from the Vegas trip that I had a blown headlight bulb (replaced), my windshield wipers were not set in the lowest position possible (fixed) and that my Raydot side mirror gets a shimmy at 100+mph (shimmed). I also remembered that my heater core is useless (that will be sacrificed to the God of Weight Reduction, allowed be Colin Chapman's name).

Positives: The new aerodynamic package works perfectly (If you are "on the fence" about getting one of Mr D's "Mugen Inspired" rear spoiler, go get one right now!), the new tires are round and hold air and that after 161,000 miles my EW will hold 5,000 rpm in fifth gear into a 30mph headwind.

Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects plus some of the MIAs at Doug's.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
Good to see you made it back safely Scott, and all in one piece, I might add.

It was nice having dinner with both you, Doug, and his family. It was also nice chatting with you, and realizing our paths outside of RPR do actually cross, if but only in the slightest of ways.

And we'll see you at the West Coast meet of all meets, which of course, it being only second to yours... next month in Bakersfield.

Side Note: If I may make a suggestion, maybe Doug should give his meet(s) a name, the same as you named yours "Weenie Roast." Maybe something like The Spring Kickoff, or something, who knows.

- Rene

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (rinnaye @ Mar 23 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Side Note: If I may make a suggestion, maybe Doug should give his meet(s) a name, the same as you named yours "Weenie Roast." Maybe something like The Spring Kickoff, or something, who knows.

Spring Fling
Back in Bakersfield
Rust Never Sleeps

Posted Image

Form Follows Function

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Mar 23 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spring Fling
Back in Bakersfield
Rust Never Sleeps
You get the idea Scott. biggrin.gif

The way I see it, Doug's meets seem to sort of kick off the California RPR festivities season (April), and The Weenie Roast sort of tops it off. (October).

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Just 2 weeks away
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (WOLFCRX @ Apr 11 2009, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just 2 weeks away
Looks like I'll be riding to the meet solo Doug, the lil lady will be out of town that week. Just found this out.

Could you please go over the start time again with everyone. I'll probably get there a little sooner, rather than later.

duckorbleed

• . . .it's only illegal if you get caught. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 99 honda civic ex coupe 5speed; 2013 Chevy Cruze
    • Image Gallery
my head will be back wednesday...but the soonest i will be able to install it with the new water pump and timing belt will be that weekend...(one week prior to meet)

cuttin it a lil too close for comfors i think to make it to Dougs in a rex. . .
(need to do a few other misc things to the motor and the receiving shell before i have my mechanic perform the swap-over)

yet i will be there in the pathfinder.
. . . .you can't piss on what you can't catch. . . .

alexm86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I'm probably out. I have some college buddies coming to town for the weekend. We are going to go to the UCLA Football scrimmage at the Rosebowl that same day. I attended UCLA for undergrad.

anassa

• Slowest of em all.
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Honda CRX Si
QUOTE (alexm86 @ Apr 16 2009, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm probably out. I have some college buddies coming to town for the weekend. We are going to go to the UCLA Football scrimmage at the Rosebowl that same day. I attended UCLA for undergrad.

dry.gif your going to change your mind after you say:

QUOTE (alexm86 @ Feb 24 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think I've even seen a pic of your car, sounds sweet. Now I won't be able to see it. unsure.gif
Someday my car will look as clean and sexy as this:

-1997 318ti DD

-1989 240sx sold on CL

-1985 CRX DX, sold to Justin

-1985 CRX Si, sold to Indyman.

-1991 CRX Si, totaled in the mountains, RIP

alexm86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (anassa @ Apr 16 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dry.gif your going to change your mind after you say:

I don't think I've even seen a pic of your car, sounds sweet. Now I won't be able to see it. unsure.gif

Will you forgive me if I invite you when I dyno my car b/c you are invited! biggrin.gif

I'll let you know when. It'll be in Orange County.

alexm86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (alexm86 @ Apr 16 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will you forgive me if I invite you when I dyno my car b/c you are invited! biggrin.gif

I'll let you know when. It'll be in Orange County.

BTW, I'm going to shoot for 235whp or more.