• You cannot reply to this topic
62 replies to this topic

sol2hatch

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1993 EG hatch
QUOTE (rpr @ Jul 31 2006, 10:30 AM)
1. I used a 95 Civic tranny, so it may be that I got lucky. I use 87 Civic axles, with 95 Civic inner CV's, and it just worked....

2. Not sure if you are referring to my pics (I fixed the original post), the whole album is here

Tom

OK, so on the axles, did the overall length change when you changed the inner CV's? Since I have the right sized hubs, i can just use the axles I have, but I am not sure if the axle length is diff.

and thanks for the pic album. We are really close to finishing the car, and we just have to finish up a couple mounts, and figure out the axle situation. Thanks again

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I don't think the length changed, but to be honest I never checked it, it all just worked out. I think I just got really lucky...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

c1vt3gr4

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 90 crx si...82 cressida w/ 7m-ge motor swap...95 civic coupe w/ 99 integra front end, jdm cluster, mini me turbo 15psi of boost, half built
    • Image Gallery
you they do have hasport mount...but the thing is that its cost $600... http://hasport.com/Products/Mounts.htm
user posted image

RTM

I also never actually checked the length of the axles. I used the 93 axles with the 1g outer cv's and it just worked.

If your talking about my "custom" rear tranny mount it's actually 3 mounts pluss a few more peice of metal all welded and bolted togther. just under that picture there is a short explantion of what i did.

grimvamp101

• To Change Is Inevitable......
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2X 1986 Honda CRX Si , both red, both born 2 months apart =D
    Garage View Garage
so what about the wiring part?i have to change my cluster (dash) as well, what else will have to be changed?does anyone know of a manufature that sells a hydro to cable conversion?does anybody here have 4th gen parts?i need a D15B7 alternator,intake manifold,exhuast manifold, ecu, and entire wiring harness, give me a good deal, and i will think about it, im stressed out of money, but for a cheap price, i'll go for it.my baby hasnt been running for a year cause of this swap.

Edited by grimvamp101, 22 September 2006 - 04:29 AM.

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
On my 87 hatch, I used a complete 91 SI wiring harness, because I had access to a donor car. We made the hydro to cable adapter ourselves, Hasport sells one, it ain't cheap.

Honestly, buy an old beater 91 hatch, it will have all the parts you need.

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)
QUOTE (rpr @ Jul 31 2006, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. I used a 95 Civic tranny, so it may be that I got lucky. I use 87 Civic axles, with 95 Civic inner CV's, and it just worked....

2. Not sure if you are referring to my pics (I fixed the original post), the whole album is here

Tom

So your saying you just popped off the inner cv joint of the 84-87 shaft, probably put on a new inner boot, popped on a 92-95 inner cv joint, filled it with grease, strapped the boot and your done? I know there three little wheels on the inside that are mounted on a three way spindle for the wheels which is splined and snap ringed to the main shaft. Sorry I need things spelled out sometime.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
BACK FROM THE DEAD!!

(hasport is coming out with a kit soon ya know)
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
QUOTE (zakats @ Mar 15 2010, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BACK FROM THE DEAD!!

(hasport is coming out with a kit soon ya know)

NO WAY. ill buy it jus for the hell of it lol

3rd1stGEN

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si; '07 Tundra; '01 Honda Magna
    • Image Gallery
Yeah, I thought they be out by now. There has been talk of them coming out soon for months now. Thats what I'll probably do when my motor gives out.

Chris

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
keith g keeps saying that it will be out "soon" and that they're "working on it" laugh.gif I'm sure it will have been done for a few months and I won't even know about it until 6 peppers are talking about what they used for the clutch master cyl or something... dry.gif

he did say that he was trying to get the kit done by (last) christmas so... maybe not too long from now?
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

3rd1stGEN

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si; '07 Tundra; '01 Honda Magna
    • Image Gallery
I think they should sell pretty good too, well "good" relative to the 1G/3G market. I would say just as good if not better than the B Series mounts. It will be a fairly inexpensive heart transplant for our cars, with about a 30%-40% hp increase (or better if you’re coming from a HF or a Carbed model). Sounds like a good deal to me.

Chris

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (PuddleSkipper @ Mar 16 2010, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So your saying you just popped off the inner cv joint of the 84-87 shaft, probably put on a new inner boot, popped on a 92-95 inner cv joint, filled it with grease, strapped the boot and your done? I know there three little wheels on the inside that are mounted on a three way spindle for the wheels which is splined and snap ringed to the main shaft. Sorry I need things spelled out sometime.

Yup, that's exactly what I did. I have no idea how I got the engine in the right place, because it wasn't planned in any way.

Mycroft

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 94 Mazda B-4000, 86 CRX
Will the D-series mount straight up to my 86' HF tranny?

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
no
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol: