Websites For Finding Donor Cars?

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

NeverEndingNinja

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic
I've noticed that you guys seem to have a lot of resources I have never stumbled upon, even after 5 years of searching on google, so I figure it doesn't hurt to ask...do you guys know of any websites where you can find whole donor cars for sale, or is the only real way to check classifieds and junkyards?

I'd REALLY love to get my hands on a 1g teg and swap a lot of things to my car, but I can't seem to find any around here. We don't have many you-pull-it yards around here, mostly just used auto warehouses.

Thanks.

78CvccMugen

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI, 1 yellow 1978 Civic Cvcc, 1 white 1978 Civic Cvcc, 1 1966 Datsun Roadster 1600
    • Image Gallery
www.pullapart.com. They have many locations and good price too.

rwdcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx dx (in a re-build phase); 02 Cadillac Escalade (gas hog) ; 03 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
I use craigslist. search everyday (the good deals go quick). I missed a deal 6 months ago, for a free wagovan, by 15 min.
He said it ran fine, he just didn't have the room for it. He promised it to me, and he got a call from someone else a bit later. That guy showed up 15 min. before me and the other guy gave it to him. (thinking it was me) I showed up asking about the car and the guy realized his mistake, but it was too late! mad.gif Anyway you gotta be on top of it! Good luck!

BTW I found my 'teg on craigslist for $100

Edited by rwdcrx, 01 July 2008 - 10:28 PM.

"Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers"

Freedom has a taste, a sweetness, that only those that have fought for it, know.

NeverEndingNinja

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic
sounds good. i check craigslist regularly, and I like to check the surrounding areas, but its such a pain to search for integra in mobile, pensacola, montgomery, gainesville, birmingham, etc.

i'd be willing to make about an 8 hour drive to pick the car up, but i hate having to go through the search process a dozen times. any way of searching more than one area at a time?

rwdcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx dx (in a re-build phase); 02 Cadillac Escalade (gas hog) ; 03 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
I just narrow my search by setting the price to...lets say...$200 and "acura" then hit search. look at results if any, then hit back, back, select new city, repeat...

BTW check the "free stuff" tab too. That it where I found the free wagovan.

Edited by rwdcrx, 01 July 2008 - 11:19 PM.

"Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers"

Freedom has a taste, a sweetness, that only those that have fought for it, know.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
for local jy parts i search for random stuff on car-part.com, normally if something pops then that yard will have the whole damn car... sometimes a jy will sell a car, but expact to pay at least 180 for a whole car, ive never seen one come out of a yard for less than 300, but they are getting 8 bucks per 100 lbs right now and they pay about that much for cars, so all the profits generally come from parts.... craigslist hasnt hit quite as big on this side of the country as it has on the west, but you can still find things every now and then... try major cities like atlanta orlando miami houston ect ect that are within your 8 hour window
grimms mom

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (NeverEndingNinja @ Jul 1 2008, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sounds good. i check craigslist regularly, and I like to check the surrounding areas, but its such a pain to search for integra in mobile, pensacola, montgomery, gainesville, birmingham, etc.

i'd be willing to make about an 8 hour drive to pick the car up, but i hate having to go through the search process a dozen times. any way of searching more than one area at a time?

Try
http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/ms.cgi
and
http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/sd.cgi
Jeff