• You cannot reply to this topic
243 replies to this topic

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
This is truly going to be beautiful man.

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
As has been mentioned, excellent snaps. Really love the garage pic. The similar pictures of the black car came out great last year. Nice to see a similar back ground for the new red one. What camera(s) are you running?

Not to thread jack, but please check your PM's, as I have a camera question for you.

I wouldn't worry about denting the frame rail to run the proper, higher voltage, alternator. Noone is really going to notice. Even if they do, function over form. It's what you had to do do make a higher power engine fit in this older bay, which in itself, is a cool story. I fear you'll have more of a headache by trying to save the 10mm of dentage and running a lower output alternator that may/may not fit as well as it should anyway. But, I'm still very much the novice. I find when it comes to a technical question, I pretty much just wait to hear what DeivionCRX says, and then I do that! I know very little about the N1 pully's advantages/disadvantages, nor about your clutch choice. But Deivion says ditch em', so you should probably ditch em'.

Really glad you started a build thread! I'll be following this one for sure. Best of luck!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
Thanks OG I take all comments into consideration.
As for the camera I'm still using a D2X Nikon but need to upgrade soon to the newer D3.
over the years I'v had many pro body Nikons. D2H, D1X, D1H, Still have my old film Body Nikon F4e
my favorite was my old F3 hp with the MD4 motor drive. What a brut.

Nikon D2X

Nikon D1X

Nikon F4e

Nikon F3

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
First, your car is amazing. It has to be the cleanest most thought out 1g crx I have ever seen.

Your pic speak for them selves, every one of them could be my background forever.

crazy87rexsi

• A big hairy american winning machine
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: To much for you pal, Ferrari...lol.......B16 1G, stock as a mofo!! ;)
    Garage View Garage
I wouldn't worry about the N1, I have one, only ran it for about 5000 miles so far. But as you know it really depends on the bottom-end and whats done to it. The balance of the rotating assembly plays the major factor in what happens.

But anyways looks really good, those pics are amazing. That is a really clever idea with the ecu, I do believe that is a first ever for me. Good luck with the build.
Josh

-part of the exclusive side license plate club

qouted from CarNutCertifies
Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear

Pics of Build

Build Thread

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I too love what you did with the ECU, I modded my ECU case the same way to hold my P06, just never posted up pics of it because I didn't like the way it turned out. I really had to hollow out the hole where the socked actually sticks through the case, you have any more detailed shots of that area of the case?

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Ill have some pics of mine, i copied his idea for the ECU. Ive been trying to find a good way to mount my ECU for a while.
Posted Image

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I picked up my motor today. OBD1 B16A looks to be in great shape.
My tranny is a S1 with fresh bearings. and I'll be running a 5Zigen ProRacer Header

This Wednesday I'll have the power plant in the engine bay.
After this all I'm waiting for is my harness and drive shafts.

I'll take photos......... cool.gif

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I am very excited for you and cannot WAIT to see the results. I have a few questions for you.

1. Are you going to paint the bay/do any modifications to it such as tucking, shaving, or anything of the like?

2. The harness you sent to Rywire... did you send off the engine harness and expect to get it back plug-n-play? You are simply going to modify the chassis harness to accommodate the jump to OBD-1 and run an OBD-0 to OBD-1 jumper harness at the ECU? I only ask because I have also attempted to jump to OBD-1 and while I still haven’t gotten mine to start yet. lol This is the route I took minus the Rywire help; I opted to modify my own engine harness (PITA) and I fear I crossed up some grounds somewhere leading to my failure to start. I am constantly looking to see how everyone else is jumping to OBD-1 in an attempt to cross-reference and solve my own problems while admiring your work. lol

Please do keep us informed to ALL the wiring mods you do to get this bad boy to start. Looking forward to more progress!!

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I won't be painting the bay or shaving anything.
I'm going for a very factory look. I guess the way honda would have done if
they put a b16A in this car. I liked how my ZC looked. Apparently the Rywire harness is a very pimp unit

As for the wiring I gave Rywire both my factory crx si engine harness and a 92 integra OBD1 harness.
what I will get back is a 85-87 CRX Si engine harness completely modified for the B-Series engine. it will plug back into the factory harness at the ps shock tower
then a sub harness will be added for the extra dedications. a obd0-obd1 jumper is included.

they will de-pin plugs where possible, and solder/heatshrink where they cannot de-pin.
I will have to follow some easy instructions for further modification at the ECU.
For the wires added to the ECU Plugs, a quick disconnect pigtail is supplied with ECU Pins crimped on.
335 is expensive but I didn't want to reinvent the wheel on this.

Some VSS and I should be good to go. I'm in tite with the local Chrome kid so if I run into any issues I'll be calling him
props Tyler

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Old School REX @ Nov 7 2010, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I too love what you did with the ECU, I modded my ECU case the same way to hold my P06, just never posted up pics of it because I didn't like the way it turned out. I really had to hollow out the hole where the socked actually sticks through the case, you have any more detailed shots of that area of the case?

http://www.redpepper...e...st&p=506075
Posted Image

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Now the world is short two crx ECU's LOL looks good DEIVIONCRX.

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (ballade @ Nov 8 2010, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't be painting the bay or shaving anything.
I'm going for a very factory look. I guess the way honda would have done if
they put a b16A in this car.

Perfect, Honda would be proud I'm sure. And mad too that they didn't have the B series then. lol

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Motor goes in today
It's like Christmas.
photos up later

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip