435 replies to this topic

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
All 96+ B-series oil pumps are the same Vtec/Non-Vtec. There all 15100-P72-A01.

I mentioned Vtec just so people would get, what i was trying to do with the higher volum oil pump.
Posted Image

jordanh420

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX DX with Si Swap
QUOTE (GENONE @ May 7 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would not suprise me that 90% of the mechanics out there work without a FSM and tighten everything as tight as it goes. Many use long leavers and that adds to the torque. 8-15 FtLbs is only 20Nm max - thats nothing so its easy to over tighten. I think my torque wrench has 16Nm as minimum...

Great Project - good luck smile.gif

yeah, that bolt looks like it was over torqued and stretched
It's pretty good for what it is.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Tonights activites, including retracing my steps, i coulda swore the syncro sleaves were chewed up when i rebuilt this last year aparently i wasnt looking very good.

Posted Image

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
buddy ol pal... wanna put together my next trans? biggrin.gif
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Its really far from hard Zack, if you just lay everything out in the order you pull it, going back together is eazy.
Posted Image

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I really dont know what i was smoking when i rebuild this, the syncros look fine. The tips are slightly mashed up but thats normal IMO.

Posted Image

mugencrxpro

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 CRX turbo B16, 98 4runner turbo
Are you rebuilding a tranny in your house? you can't be married I asume.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Thats why i dont have/want a wife.
Posted Image

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ May 13 2009, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats why i dont have/want a wife.

none of us want one but unfortunately some of us get suckered into it. next thing you know, she takes half of everything because it's hers then half of everything else your left with because she is entitled to half of your stuff. however, you do get to keep 100% of the bills and debt, including the payment book for the new car that she and her "friends" are driving which then gets towed because it's illegally parked on the sidewalk at the local college campus night-club. luckily for you, you get to pay the towing and impound fee's! she fucks 5 of your close friends, your brother and one of your ex girlfriends. your dick starts burning so you go to the doc just to find that she gave you the drip. at this point you realize she been cheating on you all along. she hits you for $900 per month child support but wont let you see your kids and $500 per month spousal support cause her fat lazy ass refuses to work for a living. next she forms an addiction to pain killers and has to go into rehab which your health insurance gets to cover 80% of which leaves you with the remaining 20%.... more debt thats all yours! she wrecks her "friends" car while drunk and it all falls on you to pay for. the "friend" wants the car replaced so you have the luxury of buying a new car for the guy she was only fucking for a weekend and you'll never get to touch the car. your car insurance goes up because of her DUI and accident.... that wasnt even covered. she comes back crying and pregnant with someone else's kid but doesnt know exactly who the father is. you act stupidly and fall into her trickery and 9 months later the baby is born... he is 7 feet tall and trying to light your car on fire. you immediately know that badpenny was behind it all....

during all of this you are sitting back thinking to yourself "damn, i just wanted to sit at the kitchen table and build a nice B series transmission"

i didt even tell you the worst part yet because you cant handle it. just trust me...DONT EVER GET SUCKERED INTO IT!!!
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
damn rodney, i really hope that all that isnt true experience your talkin. altho i've had my share of a percent of that story sad.gif
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I plan on never getting married and never having kids. Im too selfish i guess, i like to keep my money, and why legaly tie yourself to somebody else incase it doesnt work, it makes it easyer to split.
Posted Image

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ May 13 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its really far from hard Zack, if you just lay everything out in the order you pull it, going back together is eazy.

I suppose, just don't have the time though

haha rodney....
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Thread Jack!

I was only ten years old when I promised myself I would never get married and have kids. I guess it was one of the many Thanks Givings, or Christmas family gatherings that lead me to my decision. It's always embarrassing to watch your own father and uncle beat the crap out of each other, drunk of course, until the cops come and haul them away to jail. Alcohol was a huge part of my families history. I can remember many times, I sat in the waiting room at county, while my mom bailed the two out. I figured if I didn't get married and have kids, I could prevent putting some innocent little person through the crap my family put me through. You didn't need a degree in rocket science to see the possibilities of my future.

But, I met a super gal. She too had no desire for kids. I've been with my wife now for almost 20 years. Getting married to her was the best decision I ever made. Probably the only good one. Still have no interest in kids. I like them, but I don't trust myself. Too many skeletons in the mental closet. Skeletons I haven't even met yet.

My wife would never let me rebuild a transmission in the living room. tongue.gif Small price to pay really. I'm the luckiest guy in the world. Wouldn't trade her in for anything in the world. Some of my friends have even said, "Man David! You're so damn ugly, and yet your wife is so cute. How did you manage that?" I just quote Red from the Red Green Show, "If she doesn't find you handsome, she better find you handy!"

David
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Im not 100% against getting married, but it wont take it lightly, too many people get married too soon. I have no problem "dating" for 10 years if i find the right chick.

But yea im building it in the house cuz the garage is full, and the work bench hasnt made it out there yet.
Posted Image

rad

• people know me
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx si, 2008 escape
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ May 15 2009, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im not 100% against getting married, but it wont take it lightly, too many people get married too soon. I have no problem "dating" for 10 years if i find the right chick.

But yea im building it in the house cuz the garage is full, and the work bench hasnt made it out there yet.

eh well you guys just aren't lucky i guess my wife would let me build a tranny in our living room guess you just got to find the right girl oh and btw when rebuilding trannys coat hangers work awesome for keeping gears and such in order then you can twist them closed so nothing falls off and a digital camera is a do it yourselfers dream for rebuilding stuff i don't know how many times i have said oh i'll remember how this goes and then finally when i go back to work on it like 3 weeks later i am like wtf but i bust out the camera and there it is little tricks of the trade you pick up as you go
happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth