Project Skeptical 3rd Gen

• You cannot reply to this topic
245 replies to this topic

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
Hey guys, ive finally have started doin something towards my car major like a B16A swap, if done minor things to the EW4 motor like 88 integ injectors with 86 87 ECU. it was fun cuz the timing advance changed it would jerk like Vtec every thing at 4200 RPMs it works and ran ppl tooks some ppl out wit it haha. Other then that i have the interior gutted, only because the carpet was soaked with rain water when i picked up the car and it smelled, i prefer full interior. but yeah i also have a radiator swap from the regurler long EW4 radiator to the smaller EV1 radiator. suspension wize it sill has the origional shocks and struts from 86 so they are shot. with Ebay special coilovers, haha. sitting on HX rims.

well this is wat happened i had a B16 for a swap and well the clutch gave out on the EW motor so i drove it home 30 mins from work wit no clutch... iknow im gangster haha. but made it home and so the next morning it jus began full swap to B16 im broke now but im doin it. heres the pics

WHEN I GOT HOME NO CLUTCH

THE NEXT MORNING GETTING READY FOR THE SWAP

BEFORE SWAP STOCK SETUP

DISCONNECTING EVERYTHING

DISCONNECTING AXELS

DISCONNECTING HUBS

THE EW4 COMS OUT

TOOK RADIATOR OUT AND COUPLE OTHER THINGS

CLEANED UP THE ENGINE BAY .... yaah no more dirt

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
HASPORT MOUNTS CAME IN

THATS FREAKIN 599.99.........."what thats it " is wat i thought lol

REAR MOUNT

TRANNY MOUNT

NEW L bRACKET ON DISCOUNT PRICES SON.

DA BRACKET VS 99-00 SI BRACKET...the length of the mouth is diff also so it fits the hasport mounts

JDM B16A WITH LSD...the one i trade my EF9 for

MADE FRAME DENT FOR ALTINATOR

PR3 WITH SPOON CHIP.....IDK IF ITS REAL OR NOT.

AS IT SITS EVERTHING DONE IN ENGINE BAY JUS NEED TO DO WIREING

so this is how far i am since ive started 3 days ago and i want to have the car running, and or if possible driveable by the end of MAY.

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
ok well im very well stuck on the wiring. i have pretty much all the write ups and stuff i jus need some guiedence dame lets see im running a PR3 ecu and and obd-0 setup on the motor and well yeah im lost ............

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well good news is in, i sat down today and went through all the info i had from RPR and Mitchells and etc. and i finally got it. I used my continuity tester and got things nerrowed down. I mostly used a Write up on RPR i think made by 87sivtec. sorry if im wrong. but yeah the write up helps alot. so tommorow will be my initial hook up of all the wires since i tracked all of them. and hopfully the motors starts.

jus praying that it does

klyph

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '78 Honda Civic, '89 Integra
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (TribalHatch @ May 19 2008, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well good news is in, i sat down today and went through all the info i had from RPR and Mitchells and etc. and i finally got it. I used my continuity tester and got things nerrowed down. I mostly used a Write up on RPR i think made by 87sivtec. sorry if im wrong. but yeah the write up helps alot. so tommorow will be my initial hook up of all the wires since i tracked all of them. and hopfully the motors starts.

jus praying that it does

Awesome work so far, wiring is my least favorite part of automotive work.

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I GOT IT RUNNING ! ...... OMG ....Ahaha hard work does pay off and im still with in my 30 day limit. have 9 more days to figure out the flaws .... DANG I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT ...HAHAHA ...sorry im jus hella excited. thanks to all that help me and thanks to all that gave me remarks also because it pushed to do it more. THANKS RPR!

BUT YEAH i have some codes flashing from the conputer saying O2 sensor, crank angle sensor and well i know it Flashes : 1 -5 times yeah a whole lotta codes but it runs .

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP GUYS!

AND SO THE PROJECT CONTINUES ON AND ON AND ON AND ON......

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
damn well now it wont stay running ...

C8V6C

Car is looking good buddy, I want to see it out on the road again!

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
got it idling again. got couple of codes on the PR3... Code 1, 3, 4, 5 yeah so idk whats goin on but im gonna try to to the VSS se wat happens

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
VSS progress pics

drills made for the cuts

cut came out ok

odometer put back in wit VSS

finished CLUSTER assembly

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
idk how and or wat but i have only one code and its for crank angle sensor but its not goin away. i got the MAP sensor code to go away by using my EW4 Map sensor so im thinkin either something is wrong with my wiring for that B16 map or the map is bad.

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
for some reason nothin in my instrament cluster works like the RPMs or PGMfi light or anything except the battery light idk why

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
got the dash workin PGMFI light, rpm and all . still have code for crank angle sensor car runs like shit

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Did you add the wires for the crank angle sensor? Did you use shielded wire?

Check and make sure the B16 Map sensors wire placments are the same as the EW4 one. It could be the wires are reversed so when you plug it in, it doesnt work correctly.
Posted Image

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
Yeah id check that map sensor out... And sometimes if they are hooked up backwards they stop working for good. So id check to see if the map sensor is actually functional if it was hooked up wrong.

Also im wondering how the VSS was wired up? Wires go straight to the ECU?

86 crx