My Project Crx /3g Trailer

• You cannot reply to this topic
479 replies to this topic

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
ok well ive posted pics and talking about what ive been doing for while now and thought id show and prove that i dont talk out my @ss

pics will vary from when i first started working on my car to where im at

i bought the crx july 15th of 2002 just before my 16 Bday from an old fart that told me that it only needed a cv boot to pass saftey yeah right and i beleived him but what do you expect i didnt know shit it was my first car and thought he was legit guess not lol.So i payed $750 dollars for my POS and just after i bought it i was going over a bridge and hit a pot hole the size of the car and snapped my passenger torsion bar oh well so i thought might as well go get something to eat laugh.gif bad idea when i was getting out i put my foot right through the floor (shit that sucks )and i still had to go a 3 hour drive with my front allmost touching the ground and in the rain at night so i dicided to stop in at a pick and pull and grabbed a used TB from a 86 sedan i think for $20 bucks and they even cut the subframe right up with a plasma torch and sent me on my way with it lol So with my ass draging on the pavment im made it home on 5 bucks worth of gas lol nice at least i got a clean engine didnt burn oil car was really cheap on gas and had no rust on the shell (well that you could see )

July 16th 2002
couldent drive standard worth a poop and hit my house i ended up cracking the front bumper on the passenger side oh well couldent really tell so i left it like that parked the car and went and bought my first floor jack $19.98 at walmart a mach truck one laugh.gif too see how bad the rust was.jacked up the car and found that it was rusted in the front by your feet on both sides and along the rockerpanels on both sides oh know this isent good.So i called up the guy that i bought the car from and flipped out on him and he said that he had know idea that it was rusted but told me that he just took it in too the shop and they said all it needed was a cv boot yeah right what kinda shop passes a flinstone car lol i asked him for my money back he said no even after i said that this was going to be my first car and didnt want something that would cost a pile to get on the road
He hung up the phone and wouldent take my calls anymore Bastard

August something 2002

took my car to my buddys a half hour a way on the back road to change the Tbar and start cut out rust ! well when we were all done we had cut out all most all of the driver side pan front to where the seat mounts and the same on the passenger side. i say again oh well i got on the phone and ordered new pads and brake lines front struts rotors drums shoes the works picked them up the next day installed all that mess of stuff (and remember i was really new too all this car stuff i really loved cars but never really got this into one before so it was all kinda to much for me laugh.gif so i thank my buddies who took me under there wing

August 19th 2002

with my car still sitting at my buddys house with no floor it was time to put one in
so i looked all over for replacment pans nothing of course so i bought some sheet medal and thanks to my buddys dad we went to work after 3 days of grinding cutting and riveting the pans in we finally got them done after some primer and paint and some box liner of course took the car for a spin and was so happy until i noticed that there was like a rubbing or draging sound coming from the rear right wheel ohmy.gif brought the car back to my buddys and took the wheel of and found that the bearing was toast mad.gif i guess having the car allmost on it side for a few days while we were doing the pans messed it up oops tongue.gif i was pissed and said fuck it im done with this POS!!!! So about an hour later i ordered a new rear bearing not knowing that it a hole unit and not just a bearing i forked out another 200 bucks (i know 200 bucks crazy and that was for only one blink.gif ) picked it up installed it and did not touch the car for a while untill i got my license that is lol

May 15th 2003
i got my full license i had to do the graduated license program BS i think all it is is 9 months with your learners permit mad.gif and then you can take the road test wich i passed with flying colors yeah boy

i went to my buddies to get my car and was showing some of the guys the pep it had and my buddy had a 87 prelude he just got and wanted to race on his land the driveway was paved so we raced and my car beat him walked on him like nothing dont know how dont know why it was just a stock crx so then i took on my buddys bro that had a 96 caviler beat him too ok somehting is up eaither these guys cant drive to save there lifes of my car is pretty quick so after throwing it in there faces not to make fun of a little 56 hp crx his cousin showed up with his swapped mustang 289 v8 and we raced he jumped the line and i hung with him the hole time im pretty sure if he didnt cheat i would have beat him too but even though it was only a 289 carbed i was still happy to hang with it laugh.gif not being a 5.0 but still good times

so the car was back in my garage sitting for a while and i noticed that it was starting to rust by the emblems and wheel wells ohmy.gif so it began i went and bought my first tool set 289 peice 350 dollar kit got it for 99 bucks thanks canadian tire laugh.gif and then stripped the car down to allmost nothing the hole rear end frontend the hole 9 everything that unbolted was off borowed my friends grinder and went to town laugh.gif got rid of all the rust (well what i could with a grinder and then bought some fiberglass and plastic bondo and went to town and then came the trimeclad paint job rattle can here i come

here is the only pic that i could find and that was on my pc to show of that paint job keep in mind that it was my first time ever doing such a thing oh and the car was blue top silver bottom with red strip on the side just give an idea of what it looked like before and i did not have those rims in the pic either those came after

as you can see its winter in the pic and i had done the panit job like in june 2003 so it had allready started to fade but held up very well for the time i had it

inspection time winter 2003 went to saftey my car and it failed booooooo the guy said he could not pass the crx because of the pans not being welded in unsure.gif well i didnt know that was a problem at the time he said it was because of the unibody frame not having any real frame rails so i took my car home and when doing so i noticed that the heat guage flew up too hot in the winter in like minutes so i went back and noticed that there was a big pile of oil and antifreeze in the snow i asked him what he did and he said nothing knowing that he over heated it i said why didnt you tell me that you fudged up my engine ???He deniyed it and would not give me shit for the damages so i went home and ended up slitting my whrists no im just kidding but i left the car for a while picked up the rims and dicided to start over looking for someone too do the welding but i couldnt find no one willing to take on a import (stupid hillbillys and the only guy i found wanted 600 bucks yeah right allmost what i paid for the car it self not going to happen!!!so i ended up parking it in the garage for about a year while i worked on making money too get it up and going again time past dust gathered on the my car while my hopes started to slip away not making enough money and not having time because of work and what not sad.gif so it just sat there wasteing away

SPRING 2004

things are looking up i moved into a new house well new to me and finally had enough money put away to start fresh on the little honda so i again stripped it down and dropped the pans that failed and bought a compressor and a little sandblaster and a shit load of sand. Blasted the hole under body where my new pans that i was going to make a new home for the last time cut new pans had them bead rolled and what not for strength and used a few rivets and bolts to hold in place untill i found a welder to weld them in place or i bought my own and did it my self again could not find anyone to weld my pans i started doing more body work and another paint job yeah another one laugh.gif but this time at least it was done witha compressor and spray gun laugh.gif finished the paint and then got alot of people wanting me to do there cars and trucks so i took on the guy next doors little ford ranger needed body work done in the rear fenders and dings little stuff just to make more money because the construction job i had just wasent cutting it i charged him 300 for all the body work with the fiberglass included so that only left me with 200 prophet not bad i guess for my first job but he ended up stiffing me on 100 of it so i did it all for 100 bucks mad.gif and i told him that i wasent going to give his truck back untill i got my money but the cops said i had to because i wasent a real buisness whatever ok but here are some pics of that paint job many on here dont like it but this paint job is what got me a few jobs working on others cars

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
some time in 2005

well another year passes by and im now a member on redpepper racing thank god it was like walking in a pitch black hallway and no flash light laugh.gif thanks guys for all the help so far smile.gif after a pile of carb problems and what not and just finished welding the pans yeah i bought a welder laugh.gif and now have a si engine and tranny dx cam and dx dizzy headman header 2 1/4 straght exhaust pipe from the header back into a big ass fart can black chrome sexy and any ebay intake and it doesnt run very well laugh.gif oh and eibach springs in the rear and lowered like 3 inches or so i think at the time but any ways im sick of talking about the past laugh.gif

lets just jump to 2006 i mad custom tailights out of sheet medal and a little bit of fiberglass along with a rear bumper and front bumper and molded the sides to clean up the body and give a cleaner look and now i allso made bought bike carbs from lilneedle and made my own manifold and allmost finished my 3g trailer

some pics of the tailights

i have more pics but its doing it again wont copy stupid POS PC laugh.gif

peace mitch

Edited by phatboycrxhf, 16 September 2006 - 09:07 AM.

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have to give you mad props on the FG work. But I have one question. Is it legal for you guys up there to not have side markers? I noticed that you shaved the corners for the rear lenses.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: his girlfriend crazy
Hey mitch y dont you bring that exaust straight over the axle and let the muffler come straight out the back...? Tailights are definatley different.. more pics

projEKtjokes

• Wanna see some mexican magic. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
Please lose the stickers and fix that exhaust after you paint it. It will look pretty dope then.

user posted image

Richard

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: NZDM? 85' Civic Hatch LX- D16A1,92 Toyota Soarer Big Single and a Bunch of Other Stuff
not the biggest fan of the modifications, but props on the dedication and patience

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (badpenny @ Sep 16 2006, 01:09 PM)
I have to give you mad props on the FG work.  But I have one question.  Is it legal for you guys up there to not have side markers?  I noticed that you shaved the corners for the rear lenses.

thanks badpenny and ive been told that its ok but im goint to put some on the rear bumper as soon as i find some that i like smile.gif

QUOTE (ibcnya @ Sep 16 2006, 02:02 PM)
Hey mitch y dont you bring that exaust straight over the axle and let the muffler come straight out the back...? Tailights are definatley different.. more pics

i had the exhaust coming out straight but did not like the angle it was on and stuck out way to much dry.gif and with having the car lowered as much as i do i couldent have it anycloser to the rear axle but now i still have it slanted like that but i tucked it in more so it looks much better cool.gif

[quote=projEKtjokes,Sep 16 2006, 04:43 PM]
Please lose the stickers and fix that exhaust after you paint it. It will look pretty dope then.
most of the stickers are gone and exhaust is fixed to my likeing and the car has been painted just cant get the pics to load up mad.gif but thanks smile.gif

[quote=Richard,Sep 16 2006, 07:37 PM]
not the biggest fan of the modifications, but props on the dedication and patience

thanks yeah i have my own taste i wouldent call it rice but pretty close laugh.gif i just like clean lines cool.gif

My Webpage

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
update smile.gif smile.gif

i finally got 2 pics to load up im pretty sure its the dial up i have now dry.gif i love living in the bush but it sucks that they dont have good internet service sad.gif oh well ill just have to make do

here is the a pic of how the carbs looked when i got them from lilneedle not bad fab but not good enough for me tongue.gif (i dont like the hole hose idea but it works )

this is my manifold that i made not finished in the pic but pretty close !!!
i went and bought some more steel 3/8 mild plate this time. i didnt like the 1/4 inch plate so i scrapped it laugh.gif

here is a side pic to see the angle i welded it in at but since these pics i shortened the runnersfrom 6inches to 4 inches and made pieces out of pipe so i could have a tighter fit and made a new throttle cable mount ,sandblasted the tophats and painted and allso made some little horns (temporary untill i make or buy some nicer ones) i just wanted to slow the incoming air down cool.gif

oh and they look much better now i have cleaned them up and there on a angle like that for a reason (you know how they slant to the left a bit !!) i did that so the carbs could clear the master cylinder and booster cool.gif

hope you guys like ill have new pics soon as posible

peace
mitch wink.gif

Edited by phatboycrxhf, 20 September 2006 - 06:43 AM.

My Webpage

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
update me on my old carbs...they going good????
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (lilneedle @ Sep 20 2006, 06:13 AM)
update me on my old carbs...they going good????

i guess so i havent tried to start it yet since i started making this manifold took me like 20 hours just to cut the holes for the runners dry.gif but im sure they will work fine now that i have cleaned them all out and made the manifold and horns i still have to make tap a vacume port for the brake booster and do some cleaning up of the runner holes and smoothing ,blending and what not i want to amke it look like a after market option smile.gif you can get from a store laugh.gif

peace mitch

My Webpage

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
you're gona want to regulate the fuel pump down if you dont have it already...cant remember. Im finding out that my stock mech pump is causing trouble from 2200-3500ish. it will bog pretty bad unless I floor it through those rpm's(which is reely fun wub.gif)

btw we want trailor pics!!!
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
also remember you have vac advance....and I disregarded the booster...the brakes worked fine without..lol
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

crazi-85crx

That manifold looks really good. Way better than anything I plan on making for mine. lol

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (zakats @ Sep 20 2006, 10:45 AM)
you're gona want to regulate the fuel pump down if you dont have it already...cant remember. Im finding out that my stock mech pump is causing trouble from 2200-3500ish. it will bog pretty bad unless I floor it through those rpm's(which is reely fun wub.gif)

btw we want trailor pics!!!

ok will do cool.gif i all ready have the regulator on and welded the throttle ajustment thingy onto the manifold and drilled and taped the hole for the booster so should be allmost ready to go
QUOTE (lilneedle @ Sep 20 2006, 04:30 PM)
also remember you have vac advance....and I disregarded the booster...the brakes worked fine without..lol

yeah i was thinking about the vac advance ill most likely just tap into the closest runner to the dizzy and run vacum from there

QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Sep 20 2006, 07:01 PM)
That manifold looks really good. Way better than anything I plan on making for mine. lol

thanks it looks like shit in the pics but its coming along i just really hate that the one runner is a little off (2nd from the left) but whatever for some reason i couldent get that one straght to line up with the hole and the carbs now im haveing trouble with the throttle cable braket i made so im going to have to make another one or mod the one i allready made ill try and figure something out tomorow

AND TRAILER PICS TOMOROW FOR EVERYONE TO SEE LOL laugh.gif

peace mitch wink.gif

My Webpage

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
ok guys and gals i have new pics smile.gif my computer is being a pain but i still got them up laugh.gif

first off here is a few pics of the engine stages it went through from one CAI to too short ram intakes and now bikes carbs laugh.gif

carbhat i made and ebay intake

new carbhat i made and the intake in two peices

and close up of the carbhat

and now bike carbs with custom intake i made smile.gif

another angle

and here are a few pics of the car as of now really dirty but whatever you get the drift lol

passenger side shot shaved

custom rear bumper and taillights wich i noticed that i need to do more work 2 oh well dry.gif (ill get to that later tongue.gif

here is a quick interior pic not all there yet lol
but close

pics continued in next post

Edited by phatboycrxhf, 22 September 2006 - 06:00 AM.

My Webpage