Project Liz

• You cannot reply to this topic
643 replies to this topic

Sgt. Pepper

bump.......i need answers before i do the wrong thing.....HELP! unsure.gif
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
the right thing would be to give me one of those D16A1's laugh.gif

seriously, what year are your D16A1 engines? if they are 86-87 you have like almost no wiring to do, just throw an SI harness in your car....you already have it stripped.

fuck a EW/D15. also fuck carb's. just swap to the FI and go with at lease a D16A1 or better.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

Sgt. Pepper

they are '89 and they are pretty much sold...I am now w/o a motor. I was told I had to change the front susp. to accomodate the heavier engine (amongst other things). I got scared, freaked out and sold the D16A1's. Figured the carb'd motor would be easier, plus I'm kinda ol' skool anyway. cool.gif

Edited by gen1CRX, 14 July 2006 - 09:49 PM.

Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
you can grab a engine from a civic or a crx they will all bolt in the same but i think you should grab a si engine out of what ever civic or crx and go from there throw that sucker in throw a electric fuel pump and giver shit or you can grab a dx cam and dizzy and a mechanical fuel pump and throw that on the si head so you will have no need for the electric pump and for carbs for that engine grab a canadian dx or hf intake manifold and carb or moto bike carbs and make your own manifold or some webbers see you have some choices good luck and now start looking laugh.gif and if you need i have a canadian manifold just pm me if you want it and when you make up you mind on what your going to do wink.gif

peace and good luck mitch smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

Sgt. Pepper

guess I should update this...the D16A1s are for sale to make room for an EW1 I have my eye on. Got 16g steel to repair the holes in the floorboards, 4 new struts, new pads and new drilled/slotted rotors all around. Still need to buy ss brake lines. Interior is gettin' new black carpet front to back, new black seats, new black headliner and all the "cream" plastic trim is gettin' painted black. 2 other goodies on my wish list for the interior are a cf instrument bezel and mugen/spoon/momo style steering wheel. Body will be painted (after bodywork) blue, just haven't decided if I am painting the lower half too. Now the onlt 2 things I need are money and time! laugh.gif

Sgt. Pepper

Liz update:

I still have to tighten everything up. Do the bushings look alright where they are? Also, the sleeve on the strut rattles (loose), why? I just want to make sure I put everything back correctly. BTW new struts installed into my Si knuckles from ebay. Also have new drilled/slotted rotors and pads to install. Comments and suggestions welcome, please! Oh yeah, I finally got the window crank and door panels off and cleaned up the doors for Si panels. wink.gif hint, hint

Edited by Sgt. Pepper, 19 October 2006 - 06:31 PM.

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
Welcome.. good luck with the crx smile.gif
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

Guest_-TJ_*

• Group: Guests
Welcome, sorry to see you abandon the D16A1.

Sgt. Pepper

New (reman) CV axles and new clutch kit are on the way (ebay)! EW1 gets ordered this week! Pictures to follow...

Sgt. Pepper

Just got my new Exedy clutch kit and reman'd cv axles........woo hoo! Now if I only had an engine and trans LOL laugh.gif Actually those will be in my garage REAL soon. wink.gif

Sgt. Pepper

New Si rotors and pads on Si knuckles:

coming soon...stainless steel brake hoses! biggrin.gif

Sgt. Pepper

Rust in the floor boards, before:

driver's side

passenger side

Rust in the floorboards after:

driver's side

passenger side

Next: weld in 16g steel biggrin.gif

Sgt. Pepper

EW1 on the way!

down4ce

Just saw liz the other day she's coming along real great, keep up the good work jeff!

Sgt. Pepper

Motor arrived last night, it only has 30,000 miles on it. Can you say JDM? Time to dig into it, lots to do and replace: needs flywheel, water pump, starter, alt., gaskets, NGK plugs, wires, chrome air filter assembly with K&N filter, and lots more.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper, 10 November 2006 - 06:53 PM.