Project Liz

• You cannot reply to this topic
643 replies to this topic

Sgt. Pepper

another?.....

I live in the house I grew up in, I bought it from my parents. My grandpop lived with us growing up. In the basement he built a great workshop, drill press, grinders, table saw, workbench and lots of shelves and drawers. He was VERY organized and everything had it's place. Sadly he passed away in 2000 ( I miss him very much). About a year ago my wife was in the workshop looking in a cabinet for something when a breeze blew over her hand. She looked around and said "don't worry grandpop, I won't mess anything up". In case you were wondering...there are no windows or outside doors in the workshop. unsure.gif

Edited by gen1CRX, 28 June 2006 - 06:54 AM.

Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Well I certantly hope it wasn't your grandfather that fliped the bed upside down on your son.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (jerfguy @ Jun 28 2006, 02:34 PM)
Well I certantly hope it wasn't your grandfather that fliped the bed upside down on your son.

I doubt it very much....he wouldn't hurt a fly. It's more like my grandpop to move stuff on ya. He used to do it all the time.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
the bed story sounds like your son pissed someone off on the other side somehow what did he do that day to have the guy flip him so forcefully? and yeah it was a male spirit.
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

Sgt. Pepper

Can I put '86Si front calipers on my '85HF? Do I need to get Si pads and lines?

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
As far as I'm aware of they are the same so yeah I wouldn't see a problem.
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

Sgt. Pepper

Just read an article on ALL the stuff I gotta do to drop my D16A1 into my HF! ohmy.gif What the hell did I get myself into? Now I'm wondering if I should just drop another EW1 into it and get rid of the (2) D16A1's I have. What does everyone think? Can I find a decent EW1 and can I get rid of my D16A1's. Is there another carb'd motor that will work? I may have bitten off way more than I can chew. Am I overreacting? Is it really not that bad? Is it really worth it? Can someone please point me in the right direction! blink.gif

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Wo I know. I finally got my teg ready to work on and I was looking at it. Wo I got so confused.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

crxgator

• Buttsex in the hottub
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
drop in the d16a1 and convert the engine to carbs... laugh.gif
2nd gen driver...1st gen lover...

Sgt. Pepper

That's what I'm thinkin', but what are my options? What can I get, where can I get it, and how much to get it? Can I sell the motors I have? huh.gif

Sgt. Pepper

wait.............................I can convert the D16A1 to carb? What do I need to do that?

Sgt. Pepper

...well, looks like I'll abandon the D16A1 swap and drop in an EW1 (if I can find one). Also working on repairing the holes in the floor (1 behind each seat). Today I picked up 16 guage steel sheet, do you think that's too thick? Will I have trouble cutting/welding it? Is it overkill and should I go thinner? huh.gif

another question....can I put an EW1 manifold on the D16A1 and make it carb'd? What else do I need for this conversion (if it's possible)? Just tryin to weigh all my options. Will it be heavier than the original EW1? Am I talkin' stupid? blink.gif

savestheday

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 crx HFi, 1993 Integra
There are many people that have converted DOHC D's to carbs, there are a couple options. First is dual sidedrafts which would definetly net you the most power, a good bit more than the stock fuel injection, but the most difficult to set up. Next would be find a factory d16 carb and intake manifold, Dont quote me on this but some japanese models cars where equipped with these. Lastly you could get just the manifold from the carb d16 and adapt a weber 32/36 carb to it, many people have done this to dx manifolds and it would be fairly easy to tune, setup, and net you some pretty good power numbers. Dont be discouraged by the fuel injection swap either, if you have all the fuel injection bits needed to do the swap go for it. It will take some time but you will be happy everytime you look at the car and realize you have been over almost everything on it yourself. On the other hand people have made some pretty good power out of the carbed d15's, so i wouldnt rule it out as a candidate. Whichever way you want to go, ok i'll stop rambling now. Have fun with the project.
It runs! Carb to Megasquirt EFI.

Sgt. Pepper

I pretty much have the D16A1's sold and really need to find a carb'd replacement (EW1 or D15A2). Any clues as to where to look? I only have a couple hundred to spend.

Edited by gen1CRX, 10 July 2006 - 07:37 AM.

Sgt. Pepper

Does the motor need to be from a rex or can I get one from a civic? What do I look for as far as the vin# - the 5th digit?(which on mine is "F") Is there another clue I need to know? I need to know my options and limitations. Also, I need to know how (if possible) I can add a/c to my HF. Here's another pic of Liz, I can't get pics of the other side because there's a pile of parts in the way. sad.gif

Edited by gen1CRX, 12 July 2006 - 08:24 AM.