The Honali Build

• You cannot reply to this topic
286 replies to this topic

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
ok, i figured i should start my own build thread instead of posting bits and pieces here and there.

i bought this car 2 years ago for $600 and it was only meant to be a winter beater that year. the car was so beat to hell that we feared being pulled over all the time due to the heavy frame and body damage, the car never saw snow that year.... we put the car in the garage and spent a year trying to massage out all the wrinkles/holes and rust on the body. when i bought it every body panel including the roof had been kicked in. the previous owner had also hit a wolf which caved in the drivers front and colapsed the rad support, it had also been rear ended and the bumper had been pushed right into the cabin and the frame and floor on the passenger rear were caved in.

I never took any before pics because i was to embarassed that i actually owned it.

to date we have:

changed strus and shocks all around, kyb's up front and monroe sensa-tracs on the back.
new axles
new balljoints
new tie-rods
new plugs
new cap and rotor
new fuel/air/oil filters
new interior from an 86 Si i believe
new yukon denali cream leather power lumbar supported seats
new lights all around
new floors and new floor reinforcements
new mirrors all around
newer carb and intake pulled from an 86 1.5L rebuilt
3 new sets of rims and tires
new header panel
new JVC mp3 sirious radio deck
new JVC 5.25 2 ways in the doors
2 new Clif Designs 12" DVC 1200watt subs 600watts per coil 4 coils total so 2400watts total power handling in a box i built and carpeted myself.
newly rebuilt 5 speed trans still in the parts car.
new centerforce stage 1 clutch, not installed yet.

now for some pics..... ph34r.gif

paint: RM Carrizzma with Standox clear using Sata guns and freshair hoods
charcoal base

orange candy stripe

50/50 mix orange/red for the bottom

yellow for the top

then the clear

outside the next morning fresh out of the paintbooth

later the same afternoon with some of the parts back on it

same as above

later that month

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
some camping pics........

i had made a nice front lip for the car out of the old front bumper, i just cut it in half and reinforced it with welding rod. that worked great till we decided to go rallying down a reall bad logging road and i hit a pothole bigger than the car and the lip popped right off.

the rack on the back of the car was made from a headache rack from a ford pickup truck. the rack has tubes on it that we made recievers for under the car and its all held in there with a couple of clevis pins.

the campsite stereo system!

random camping trip pics..

iceracercrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 CRX
Looks good, Jeepgirl. I love the road trip-camping trip. Nice views!!!.

Randy

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
camping cont'd

********************************************************************************
Dash Swap
********************************************************************************
the red dash that came with the car was badly faded and broken, so we went to the JY and bought a nice one out of an 86Si. along with the door panels and complete center console.

the Honali in the shop where we always work on it, my hubby's shop.

out with the old (please excuse my hubby's head in the pic)

in with the new

Seats and Floors
so we needed new seats for the car because the previous owner was a 6' 10" guy and he had taken the seats off their rails and moved them back really far and he had managed to bend the seats right out of shape.

so we came across these brand new still in their shipping plastic cream leather seats from a yukon Denali. now these seats are HUGE and very heavy, we figure about 150lbs each. their powered, heated (havent figured that out yet) and they even have side impact airbags. now the floors in the car had been refloored a couple of times, so there are actually 4 different floors in the car. the old ones are just patched here and there, so we cut out the stock floor reinforcement and laid down a whole new floor then we used some rather large angle iron as reinforcements. it was a major job getting these seats in but well worth it, its like sitting in a La-Z-Boy recliner in your livingroom! and because their light coloured they dont get really hot and sticky.

Pics

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i'll post some more later.

as you can prolly tell i love my little car alot. its gone from something i liked ripping around parking lots in but wouldnt be caught dead in on city streets to something that i can call my own and be proud of because i put alot of blood sweat and tears into. and i had loads of help from my very understanding hubby who if it wasnt for him i wouldnt have been able to do any of this.

thank you BooBear, we'll get to your jeep eventually..... ph34r.gif

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
LMAO thats awesome...my GF has a falcon we are going to restore, and you better believe it will be a learning experience for her...that way, when its done, she will appreciate it and know more about her car than most ppl...but 1st comes my next project....and then her falcon wink.gif
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

gkiing

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
those seats are awesome, now my si seats seem like crap, lol.
I'm going to have to get some.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
yeah but one of those seats weighs like 3 si seats tongue.gif
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
the paint looks amazing, the color is kinda Eh, its vibrant all right, i guess im just a 1 or 2 tone kinda guy, the bottom burgendy color is sexy tho
Posted Image

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Honda Civic AWD Wagon
    • Image Gallery
I wish you had before pictures, but it is cool that you do have the paint pictures. I wish I had a booth then maybe I would try it myself. Fantastic paint job....the colors aren't me but it looks so smooth and much better than maaco!

Visit: Asimo - The Coolest LowRider

FI Blacktop D16A1/ZC Hybrid

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
meh, thier not really my colours either. some paint rep for RM gave my hubby a whole bunch of this candy for nothing, so he painted his jeep with it, then we got the bodywork done on my car and needed paint, so my paint choices were at the time, industrail single stage blue, industrial single stage red or these really UBER bright custom candies. i personally would have been happy with one solid colour, like the 50/50 orange/red mix on the bottom of both the car and the jeep. or just solid orange. but he HAD to see what the yellow looked like...... i was pressured people cant you see?!?!?!?

anyway..... i'll be prolly repainting the whole car again next winter. maybe something with a pearl white base, some nice metalic black over the white then some crazy magenta pearl in the clear. i dunno, i'm sure it will be nice when its done.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well, we will be installing these today:

^^ new tie-rod ends^^
finally i'll be able to clean up some of the steering slop i have. i guess were also going to try and plug the hole in my trans again, this time with liquid JBweld, liquid All Metal doesnt work for shit, just a heads up.... heh, over 2 years driving with no oil in my transmission, you all should here this car going through gears laugh.gif it soulds like a very angry cat when down shifting. and its getting crunchy going into 3rd from second.... ph34r.gif dont get me wrong, we have tried to patch the hole in the trans and we even put oil in it a couple of times, but the oil only stays in the trans long enough for me to get the car home and parked in the garage, thats when it dumps all the oil in the trans all over the garage floor......

*keeps telling herself: its only temporary*

Edited by JeepGirl, 05 April 2006 - 09:09 AM.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
why not just take the car to someone that can weld aluminum and have them do a permanent fix on the hole if the transmission is still in good working order. your going to spend $6 on JB weld and could probably have a quick permanent weld job done for like $40-$60.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i could prolly weld it myself, thats not the point, it takes less effort and material to slap some jb weld on it to tide us over till later in the month when we can pry the newly rebuilt 5spd out of the donor car. i guess you havent been reading my posts very well. this trans is hosed, totally bagged. the syncro's dont sync, it howls and grinds through every gear, i've basically been trying to blow it up the last couple of weeks. this trans isnt worth the $40-60 bux to have it welded, considering i could do it myself this afternoon when i have the car on the baylift in the shop. he just wants to get a bit of oil in it to last us till i get my clutch in the mail.

did i mention i was cheap?

i drive the thing like i stole it most of the time, not because i really want to, but because i have to.

maybe i'll pull it apart when we do the swap and take pics of whats left of the old trans inards. besides, where the hole is located i dont think i trust zapping any metal material in there. the hole is the size of dime right where the trans mounts to the engine right at the very bottom of the casing. pour oil in, it pours right out laugh.gif oh yeah, and even if i put nice clean oil into the trans, when it leaks out all over the garage floor its as black as night. ph34r.gif

crazi-85crx

that paint looks REALLY GOOD on the jeep