My Drag Car Is Getting A New Start

• You cannot reply to this topic
531 replies to this topic

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
small update. i have since. put in a new used drivers side axle as mine was done. i have found a ideas for mounting my gagues in the center concol i have. cleaned out more of the junk in the car of old parts not needed.
i have got new exhust gaskets on now an the header bolted up finally. timing i think is alined now im wating for a adjustable cam i bought today to put on it once i know the car is set to stock. i also have to find my vavle cover bolts as ihave the hf style. and find my adapter for my temp gague to plug in the block so i can fill with fluids an fire it up.

it might be done some day lol

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
WELL ALL its been a few months but Guess what??? SHE RUNS yep after 3 years of sitting the race car is back alive an the batt had enough power to start it too after sitting for 4 months on that charge.

i have the new adjustable cam installed my dc header my custom 21/4 exhust its all sounding nice

i ahve still to fill the rad an tranny with fluids button down some lose bolts pump up tires that are low an go get a perment to get the car on the road.

yeah.. pics to come..
oh she needs a bath too lots of dust and dirt all over.

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
21 4ths? thats 5.25 inches! blink.gif thats a huge exhaust! i must see pics!

biggrin.gif
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well shes still fighting me. i have spent 5 hours today trying to set my timing an guess what im set but my carb is shot. i have reving an driable but no idle it dies on idle.

ihave 3 carbs and all three have issues
#1st was a bad alround carb
#2nd was a bad fuel float its pluged an it over flows.
#3ed was a decent one but im not able to adjust the carb air/fuel screw the carb is still stock not been broken at the back were its factory set.

so im not after another carb eather form work or a buddys to set the car up. ugh

else wise wow i love the low end growal from the 2 1/4 exhust. an the stage 2 cam.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well after 6 carbs i got one that would work on the car. an ajusted enough to run the car. got the brakes working 90% my front drivers isnt working right.

but its on the road. needs a washing before i take pics. but after 3 years its on the road leagly

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
wow its been almost a year since i posted on the progress of the car. well i read my last post so since then. the car has been sitting around for aobut a yr. some at home some at other placees. its back home now. i have the white rim wheels back on the car. still have a tire that gos flat if left to long. had to install a new batt in the car a few monthss back. the car failed aircare serprice not. the cam and idel setup was ment for 1500rpms and air car wonnts under 1000. so i failed. and i cant drive the car long or it over heats. so its sat and sat.
life has gotten in the way too. ihave a son now aobu tthe time i last posted he was born. the 20th is hos first bday. been married. and moved a few times. i work at a dealership so now i should be able to get soem time n the car.
today i set out to change my cam gear since i figure its the adjustable i put on that is cosing the car to not idel right. so swaped it and still no change. so i checked the tdc adn i was out a tooth car runs better i can hold a idel now but im still not sure it will pass as its at 1000rpms and the car dont like it with the cam i have.
other then that got a few pics of the car and some parts ihave as i will be selling all this in the near future if i have the ablility to pass aircae. as i dont have the funds or time anymore fo r aproject car.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well talk about bringing up old post. after the car leagaly being off the road for 5 years its on the road. yes its november and its -20 out side. but its ok as i have a over heating issue so it helps keep it cool. i will post as i learn what is up with the car but for sitting 5 years and only having a over heating issue thats great.