Attention!

• You cannot reply to this topic
125 replies to this topic

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
i laid a patch of rubber yesterday while driving "angry". even got smoke and everything ohmy.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

JDN14

and.........?
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
that was it tongue.gif

hey, i've never been able to do that in this car, yesterday the conditions were right. i went to "launch" on a green and i guess i was on a bit of ice. i had no traction, then i came of the lil patch of ice and they lit up! laugh.gif

i could never do it on dry or wet pavement.... not enough torque. i wasnt even really trying to do it either, just kinda happened.

this IS news!!!

tongue.gif

some people just have no sense of humour.

JDC420

• Slowtoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 Crx, 92 Civic 4dr (1,260,000km) , 96 Accord EX 5sp 4dr (mom's)
What's this "ICE" you talk of?? I'm hoping it's what I think it is....... Did you knock some Bling Bling Mama's Boy over and do a burnout on his ice? If you pull that shit again..................................................MAKE A VIDEO!
user posted image

JDN14

it's not that i lack a sense of humor, it's that we've already got like 4 post whore threads. "I just did a burnout" warrants a new topic about as much as "i just used the can".

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
meh, i posted in general. and yes, you lack a sense of humour. it was quite funny because any other time i have tried to do it i've only manage to make alot of reving noises and slip the clutch. it seems as though my car doesnt have the poop to do a burnout or even chirp the tires on a good day, hence its funny that i needed a bit of ice to get it started.

its funny because as everyone knows i've been driving this car around for 2 years with A)no oil in the trans. B)glazed clutch. C)wrecked release bearing and i've yet to be able to blow it up. its funny that no matter how hard i drive it i still cant kill the trans. killing it would give me an excuse to swap my new trans in and a new clutch kit.

now that i've had to almost draw you a picture of what was funny about my useless post it has become non-funny. way to suck the life out of a joke.

and no, it wasnt on ICE = bling bling it was on ice = frozen water sad.gif because

I AM CANADIAN

i did however pull on a blinged out H2 last summer from stop light to stoplight. i thought those things had power = speed. i gather i was incorrect. must all be bottom end..... but did he ever look mad at the next set of lights smile.gif thats what you get for putting 22" cromies on a humvee.......

meh whatever.

Edited by JeepGirl, 07 February 2006 - 12:10 PM.

JDN14

Ok, so you paint a picture of how you're too lazy to replace a transmission, do a burnout, and throw in a street racing story for good measure? blink.gif

I slept in today, it was hilarious because it's not something i usually do biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif .

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
jeeze, someone slept in on the wrong side of the bed....

oh my gosh, street racing? an 84 1.3 civic pulling away from a humvee with 22" wheels is hardly a street race.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
lol no kidding. i didnt even make the speed limit before i hit the next light. i get that stuff all the time from people in this city, this place is what i imagine to be a colder version of texas or montana, everyone here drives trucks and SUV's, which means there are alot of 2yr lease vehicles with young peoples driving them and the very first thing they do to them is install 22's and lowpro rubber. with the paint on the car every one of them pulls up beside me at any set of lights and double rev's thier engines at me, my hubby has been in the car a few times when this has happened, thier under the impression that due to my cars paint thier must be a whole lot of work done under the hood. laugh.gif also, its not laziness holding me back from changing my trans, its shoptime and need. he told me we can change it after i blow it up, i havent been able to yet, testiment to honda engineering. tongue.gif

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
if it aint broke dont fix it...

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
exactly, there is nothing reusable in the trans as it is, every gear is hooped. its been like this from the time i bought it. we just figured out the leaky trans thing 2 months ago. i did an oil change and he suggested i check the trans. it was bone dry, i go to fill it up. go home and park it, the next day all that oil was on the floor. looks like when they changed the clutch last time they used a small flathead screwdriver to pry the trans apart from the block, making a nice hole..... i do have a rebuilt 5spd waiting to go in it.

also, as you said if it aint broke dont fix it. thats been my motto all through this. something starts to show bad wear, i'll replace it with new. my tie-rods are wobbly, well thier waiting to be picked up at the parts house. it needs bushings, thier on delivery. needs a new centerforce clutch, its been ordered, waiting for confirmation. etc etc etc.

might as well get all the stuff together and do one whole weekend of installs while we have the shop to ourselves.

as a side note, he has been totally impressed by the performance of this old car. he cant believe the abuses that it has taken and it still runs like a top. i'm pretty much at his mercy when it comes to working on my car in the shop. if he has had a rough week at work he doesnt feel like going back to work to do more work, and i dont blame him. but he never begrudges me when i do manage to break something on it and i need to get it in to fix it.

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
We swapped a in a new main seal on the 86 Si on Saturday. Hardest part was laying under the car and bench pressing the tranny up to put it back into position to afix the bolts. All in all wasn' that hard. First time is always the most difficult. Get that thing swapped over so that you can drive it properly. When are we having coffee? JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i'm thinking later on in the week. our last airbrush course is tomorrow. thursday/friday or the weekend. i'll ask him.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
today, i got out of bed and ran around like a maniac trying to check out of NC! i might be home in the next day or 2
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
w00t!

they letting you out so soon?!?!?!

jk:P

have a good trip