Fabric Paint

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

87crxdx

ok my crx came with a dark greyish color carpet and its stained hardcore, ive removed it and power washed and its still got some marks but looks alot cleaner i want to paint it now with fabric paint to make it nice and black to match my newly done doors. has anyone done this and how does the carpet look and feel afterwards? does it look normal or does it get bunched up and does it last? thanks

jonesy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 crx dx, 90 Skyline GTR
I used Rit fabric dye in a spritzer bottle, mixed with hot water. I had to give it a number of coats to make me happy, but it came out loooking totally stock from a texture standpoint, but just really black. It's been in the car since October, too, and I'm not having any trouble with the color fading, either. I'm very happy with the results, and I'm pretty sure I started out with the same shade of factory carpet as you, from your description.

jonesy
85 CRX DX: 4-2-1 header, 11:1, P&P, 4 32mm mikuni's
90 Skyline GTR: Filters, I/C Hard Pipes, Downpipe, 3.5" de-catted exhaust, AVC-R, S-AFC, HKS SSQV's, and on and on...

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I used Plasi-Kote Ultra Fabric Color to paint the rear carpeted cargo cover in my Talon. It takes a few coats to completely cover but it turns out good if you use light coats. It feels a little stiffer than regular carpet but just run your hands over it a few times to "fluff" it up.

DSMTimeline.jpg

-=Playboy=-

• Honda! Bloody man's car
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Honda CRX 1.5i 1984 Ballade Sports, Honda CRX Si 1985 ZC
    Garage View Garage
I WANT them door skins
does anyone know if those door skins come out in JDM 87 crx's? if so i might go down the the hondaspares and have a look for a pair. (living in new zealand)

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
if yoru in canada, i know canadian tire sells some carpet paint... havent tried it yet but i might soon, i think it was 5 bucks a can.

but.. knowing crappy tire, its probably just cheap crap.
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image