Lilrex, Six Years Of Abuse. No Stone Un-turned.

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
Well, here she is after daily driving her for 6 years. I never intended on relying on her as a daily driver, and she honestly held up better than I ever thought she would. Now she's parked for a full resto. Notice the back hatch area bent to hell? Yeh, that's from loading the 42re with transfer case out of my dodge. The recaros are on some crapppy brackets and sit way too high (my knees rub the steering wheel). The little engine that could will be replaced by either a sleeved gsr or a dart block, and the head will be sent off to rlz. All the wiring is getting tucked niceley, and the engine bay will be painted up. Hopefully I can find all of the parts that I need and wont run into any craziness. I will be getting an autoshelter by shelterlogic to do all the work in and store my tools. Anyway, enough rambling. Here she is as she currently sits in my backyard.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
grimms mom

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
I had no idea your car had a B series vtec motor in it man. lol I wish you the best!! hell, the hard part is already done! :P

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
Get er done!

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Wow, thanks guys and sorry for the late reply. I'm working my butt off this summer and fall to try to get some cash to actually (finally) get somewhere with her. The b-series went in back in 2007, I did it all by myself and there is a previous build thread for that. But, I wouldn't consider that the hard part. This thing needs alot of love in the bodywork department and I still would like to get the engine bay painted and the suspension handling nice. I'm going to end up building a new motor for it and wire tucking so it'll be like doing the swap all over again.
grimms mom

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
Thats a cool car.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Well, it's been a year... updates include SS brake lines, Fat fives, yokahama s-drives, new (to me) front bumper with some light fabrication to keep it straight, new lca's, inner and outer tie rods, lowered, cheddah's adjustable phb, and all of my es bushings are finally installed. She drives on a rail =) Maybe I'll have her looking good by this time next year ?

grimms mom

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip

oh... almost forgot, I put the passenger side mirror back on too

grimms mom

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Keep at it friend

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Sorry to say that my income has taken a nosedive and I havent done anything since my last uupdate.Its still a blast to drive although the brakes are going to shit.... need pads/rotors/mc rebuild, fresh calipers. Hope im not keeping anyone on the edge of their seat lol
grimms mom

Vicious

I can help with funds if you sell me the steering wheel lol jk don't part it stick it out and finish it

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I thought u had the edm wheel
grimms mom

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

There are lots of ways to make money to put into your ride. I know Silentdork wires up other people's vehicles for money, I've fixed other people's cars as well for money, mostly stuff they already know is wrong and just don't have the money to fix it at a shop. Since you live in florida I am sure there are still some CRX's with parts on them people need. If you find someone that needs something, find out what they are willing to spend, and when you go pull it make sure you get it marked so if they flake out you can return it. I also donate plasma (not blood, plasma pays money) when I can which helps out with a few hundred a month. I know guys that find something clearanced out at the store and they buy the lot of it and sell it on ebay and if it doesn't sell buy the 29 day mark, they return it to the store the next day to get their money back. I know a guy that also goes to the bank and buys pennys and sorts them by date, below a certain year had a higher copper rate and all the newer ones are mostly zinc, and then sells them I believe on ebay and flat rate ships them whereever. He usually sells a penny, by the time it's all said and done, for 2-3 cents but this is a whole lot of them so basically he's doubling/tripling his money. Not sure if your working but you can also pick up a second job, I'm looking to do that this summer, looking to do CNA work, and trust me, I'm definitely not excited about it. The thing that works is it does pay better than my current job and there is high turnover and always tons of work so they can work around my schedule. If I go to a staffing co and have experience the high mark is $21-22 which is about what I made before I got laid off as an iron worker. I'm looking to go back to school, not do this as career, so this is just temporary.  Don't worry about your ride taking awhile either, mines taking forever as well, and sometimes that is just the way it goes. There are lots of thing you can do with little money like remove all the rubber parts and soak them in Armorall for awhile and then replace them, makes the rubber pliable and like new again, you can buy a big container of armorall for 16-17 bucks at the autoparts store. Looks like a nice ride and like someone else said the Vtec B series swap is the major hurdle, keep us posted. Just my 2 cents, pun intended  :P

MichaelStar

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2003 Jaguar S-Type R

Advertise on CL to do brake pad/rotor replacement for $40 (labor) an axle.  Something that is simple, quick to do, and saves a person from having to get a huge bill from a mechanic for doing it.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I really appreciate the input fellas. That clearance item idea is awesome! I cant donate plasma, Im already an ase certified mechanic and do all kinds of side work but that normally ends up going into household repairs. I have two other vehicles to maintain as well as six children ;) But my rex is my baby lol. Ive gotten back more than ive put into and I feel like I owe this car a better life or something.
grimms mom

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Its only been four years lol. But I have some exciting updates coming soon.
grimms mom