Honda Beat

• You cannot reply to this topic
38 replies to this topic

chrisandsarahb

• Warm It Up Chris!
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
I just discovered the Honda Beat while surfing around tonight. Apparently, they have been making them for a while, but we didn't get any here in the US. Any ideas to why? The thing looks kinda cool. Anyone else like/hate it?

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (chrisandsarahb @ Jul 14 2005, 02:10 AM)
I just discovered the Honda Beat while surfing around tonight.  Apparently, they have been making them for a while, but we didn't get any here in the US.  Any ideas to why?  The thing looks kinda cool.  Anyone else like/hate it?

They are considered slow. And therefore, was no market, as was the same for the "life", which looks similar to the Xb and the "city" which looked similar to the 3g hatch. Also they are small engines that get good milage for inner city driving but the demand would not constitute another econo line. The big 3 would loose out to such a smart idea. IMO I kinda like them, but I cant fit into anyone of them.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
they have 3 cylinders, but you can make them fast!!

obviously you haven't been playing gran turismo.. these suckers have been in there since i think GT2..

mmmmm full mugen...

meet the beat!!!

http://members.lycos.../Events/MTB.htm

oh yeah, i'd pimp one like no tomorrow!!! mid-engine, RWD..

Edited by E-AT_me, 14 July 2005 - 07:40 AM.

1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

DougY

We don't get cars like the Beat or other cars like it because of the limited market for them. Yeah, we think they are cool but big companies cannot afford to bring over cars that they can only sell 1000 per year. The advertising and logistics would cost far more than the profit on the car. Example: Supra, Celica, MR2 all gone because of low sales. People are always screaming about bringing back the Supra but the truth of the matter was, nobody was buying them when they were available. Sure everybody was interested in buying a Supra but nobody actually bought them.

eastsidemav

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX w/ 87 D16A1
Don't forget, US crash standards are some of the strictest in the world. I doubt the Beat or any other microcar would be street legal here. Probably part of the reason the Smart car release keeps getting pushed back.
1987 CRX HF with a Quad4 - blown headgasket
1928 Chevy Sedan - In progess!

pwr_crx

You guys dont have the smart car in the US? I have seen tonnes of those funny lookin things driven around lately.
Bryan....
user posted image

87 Si Dohc - T

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
WTF? we have them in canada? I wanna see one. They are prety crazy..think we could do a b series swap in one? Even know they are "so rare" there are still ppl out there that got the chance to rice a couple.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (chedda_j @ Jul 14 2005, 12:03 PM)

I'd just like to check out those bucket seats and try a pan swap on them cool.gif
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs @ Jul 14 2005, 12:10 PM)
QUOTE (chedda_j @ Jul 14 2005, 12:03 PM)

I'd just like to check out those bucket seats and try a pan swap on them cool.gif

Now that you mention it..those would be sweet. I would love to mold those rap around headlights into my car.

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (chedda_j @ Jul 14 2005, 12:17 PM)
Now that you mention it..those would be sweet. I would love to mold those rap around headlights into my car.

Dude, if you're going to do that, do it to a 2G... they're already kind'a ready for wrap-arounds. I'd be rather afraid of what the front would look like on my 1G with rounded wrap-arounds blink.gif
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
i saw a beat a few weeks ago. it was in the port of baltimore being imported. left hand drive and all americanized.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ Jul 14 2005, 12:39 PM)
i saw a beat a few weeks ago. it was in the port of baltimore being imported. left hand drive and all americanized.

GTFOOT!!! That would be cool... maybe we'll see it as a '05 1/2 model. I'd at least like a test drive. smile.gif
TAAGMAN

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs @ Jul 14 2005, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (crxls @ Jul 14 2005, 12:39 PM)

GTFOOT!!! That would be cool... maybe we'll see it as a '05 1/2 model. I'd at least like a test drive. smile.gif

no, dont get the wrong idea here, it wasnt in the honda yard. it was in the misc area where they throw all kinds of new/used cars that come off of the ship because they have been imported in. i believe this car was used because it had something like 19,000 on the clock (not sure if it was in miles or kilometers though). it was the only beat there.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Maybe i wont try and put those head lights in my car , i do love the originals. But i would like to have the recessed lights, i would do that to a 2gen tho..

By the way whats that hybrid honda that looks like a 4g crx..3g being the del sol if you count it.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (crxls @ Jul 14 2005, 02:39 PM)

wait, maybe it was a fit (sp), damn i cant remember but i know it was one of the 2