• You cannot reply to this topic
127 replies to this topic

87X

• Mazdawgin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1993 Mazda B2200 Pickup
    • Image Gallery
ahh im too broke right now but i want one!
we should setup a purchase of cf hoods for the people who dont have the money yet for the ... future. wink.gif

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
woah...rpr back up!!

Ok, so....no hood yet. I am pretty pissed off. Especially since my hood is at sunny, and I would need to refund everyone their money whilst being out $300 or so dollars for fabrication and my own hood and header panel if this thing falls totally apart.

I am planning to sidestep my middleman and show up at sunny's shop on Monday. I got someone to give me directions....more news then.

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 07 Honda Fit
You need backup man?
Above all else, my WIFE I f33r the most!
Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF;

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
im not sure how anyone else feels, but im still willing to wait a while longer if theres any chance we may actually have these hoods made. It has taken longer than expected, but some things are worth the wait. If we cant have them fabricated by this guy, perhaps we could goto someone else? Id also be willing to pony up some more $$$ in order to get a hood, if we need to use a different fabricator. Good luck with that guy on monday, hopefully youll be pleasantly surprised to see he has the first hood done huh.gif

Ryan

jag

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX (electric)
QUOTE (funkmaster @ Aug 14 2003, 06:57 AM)
im not sure how anyone else feels, but im still willing to wait a while longer if theres any chance we may actually have these hoods made.  It has taken longer than expected, but some things are worth the wait.  If we cant have them fabricated by this guy, perhaps we could goto someone else?  Id also be willing to pony up some more $$$ in order to get a hood, if we need to use a different fabricator.  Good luck with that guy on monday, hopefully youll be pleasantly surprised to see he has the first hood done  huh.gif

Ryan

I would definitely prefer to wait a little longer and get a hood then to just get my money back... I need that hood...

-Jeremy

Simple87Si

i need hood not my money back.. it's ok marcus.. if sunny hasnt completed we'll take it to VIS and wait.. we prefer the folded not cut method anyhow..
user posted image

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Aug 13 2003, 07:07 PM)
woah...rpr back up!!

Ok, so....no hood yet. I am pretty pissed off. Especially since my hood is at sunny, and I would need to refund everyone their money whilst being out $300 or so dollars for fabrication and my own hood and header panel if this thing falls totally apart.

I am planning to sidestep my middleman and show up at sunny's shop on Monday. I got someone to give me directions....more news then.

ohh that full on sucks cause i was hopping to see that hood in person on sat at the liltokyo show... damn i can be patient i am cool

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Yeah well, I won't be at that show at all....added to the multiple stress I have right now, I just moved yesterday and I will be spending the weeked getting everything in order....

I got a call saying that 2 hoods were done (odd how one was "done" a month ago, and since then only one other has been done....). Apparently it take 3 weeks to make one hood (being sarcastic here).

I am going to try and get them, but I have no car to test fit them on since mine is getting painted right now. Also, he wants a downpayment in order to get the others made. That was not part of the origianl deal, and I hesitant to give the guy any $$ before getting products, or even test fitting what he has already made. Could be an issue....

The more I think about it, the more I agree that it will be worth the wait. I may not wait to get all the hoods I origianlly ordered though. I am thinking of just investing in better packaging in order to ship the hoods more safely once they are done.

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
i hate dealing w/ shady people....not you..sonny's.

i'd be much happier w/ VIS.
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
Let me know dude, If needed, I can pay the rest of what I owe you, and I can drive down to LA and test fit it on my car. It is less than a 2 hour drive there for me anyway. I have Friday and Saterday off, so I can shoot down Friday for a test fit.

*hint* *hint* *wink* *wink*

but I am serious about driving down and having the cash.

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
i am down for test fitting too

kerensky

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si
What are the odds of the hoods being available down the road for us poor broke schmuks who cant come up with the money till later??

assuming the problems get ironed out of course

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
odds of future availability are good...and I am down with haveing one of you guys test fit in my stead.....I will try to set something up soon here....

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
You got a PM. I am down, if you need me there Friday, I will drive down.

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
when you get the pics of it email them to me. if the hood is a good price and fits fine i might be able to scrounge up some money. let me know.

SportInjectedClub