Calling Mr. D

• You cannot reply to this topic
43 replies to this topic

sspcivic31

• Grog no like , Car no work! ARRGH!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
would it be possible for you to track down a cusco lsd for the integra cg (86-89) tranny?

Or can you get the dimensions for the 90-93 cusco lsd. the people at quaife are less than helpfull(the US distributor is plain stupid) and i cant find anybody with a diff for a newer integra (90-93) to measure. i am trying to verify that the 90-93 diff will work in the 86-89 gearbox. the salvage yards around here will only sell a whole tranny and i cant see spending $250 plus just to measure the diff.
any help will be greatly appreciated.

10secCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
dude sorry to get off topic but you got one of them Scion XB's those things are sweet. how does it run?is it nice?

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (sspcivic31 @ Jun 18 2004, 10:17 AM)
would it be possible for you to track down a cusco lsd for the integra cg (86-89) tranny?

Or can you get the dimensions for the 90-93 cusco lsd. the people at quaife are less than helpfull(the US distributor is plain stupid) and i cant find anybody with a diff for a newer integra (90-93) to measure. i am trying to verify that the 90-93 diff will work in the 86-89 gearbox.  the salvage yards around here will only sell a whole tranny and i cant see spending $250 plus just to measure the diff.

ooooo... now this would be helpful to know... a big BUMP for this topic....
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (sspcivic31 @ Jun 18 2004, 06:17 PM)

Or can you get the dimensions for the 90-93 cusco lsd. the people at quaife are less than helpfull(the US distributor is plain stupid) and i cant find anybody with a diff for a newer integra (90-93) to measure. i am trying to verify that the 90-93 diff will work in the 86-89 gearbox.  the salvage yards around here will only sell a whole tranny and i cant see spending $250 plus just to measure the diff.

The Cusco diff for the ZC is the 88-91 Spec ZC. I am not entirely sure this will fit a US tranny. I think they are a little different.....confirm?

Dimensions on a 90-93 diff, eh? Not sure on that either......I will try posting on Hybrid.

sspcivic31

• PipPipPipPip
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Jun 18 2004, 08:23 PM)
The Cusco diff for the ZC is the 88-91 Spec ZC. I am not entirely sure this will fit a US tranny. I think they are a little different.....confirm?

yeah the one i am looking for is for the 84-87 zc cars that was in the cusco catalog from a few years back. if my buddy still has the catalog i'll try to get a p/n. i tried to get one but at the time greddy was bringing the cusco stuff to the states and it was mainly strut bars and catch cans. i doubt its still available but i kinda hoped maybe they had some new old stock in japan. as far as the newer zc diff i think it has the correct inner splines for the teg axles but is not quite a fit in the other dimensions.

quaife usa diddnt/couldnt/wont give me ant external dimensions or ring gear bolt pattern for the 90-up diffs.
so any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Edited by sspcivic31, 19 June 2004 - 09:16 AM.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Ok, so I found the part number(s) in an old 95 Cusco book....I am unable to determine if it is in stock at cusco since their numbers have changed format since then. I will call cusco on Monday!

sspcivic31

• PipPipPipPip
thats great! i am going to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Thanks So Much.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (sspcivic31 @ Jun 19 2004, 07:37 PM)
thats great! i am going to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Thanks So Much.

Crossing fingers would be a bare minimum at this point. I am not expecting that these are available, but we can hope smile.gif Put the call in a few hours ago. We should know by tomorrow or the next day.

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
i got dibs if ther is more than one

Simple87Si

QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 21 2004, 03:44 PM)

i got dibz too :X
user posted image

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
QUOTE (Simple87Si @ Jun 21 2004, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 21 2004, 03:44 PM)

i got dibz too :X

you get nothing

sspcivic31

• PipPipPipPip
any luck(fingers still crossed)?

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Apparently, there are some available. I am getting some info on pricing and quantity available now....

Marcus

sspcivic31

• PipPipPipPip
excellent!! (mr. burns voice)
smithers install this diff post haste!

thank you.

Simple87Si

installing diff. = 6hr job? :[
user posted image