Fiberglass Rear Spoiler

• You cannot reply to this topic
80 replies to this topic

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
i seen in general posts that there might be a fiberglass wing on the way for the 3g civic. i remember something about the rex getting a 'glass spoiler some time ago. did someone drop the ball or was the idea just canned?

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

kenny86si

• Phoenix CRX
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI(sold)- 91 Mustang 5.0 LX
    • Image Gallery
I believe there was a body kit that made the spoiler out of fiberglass like the original mugen kit. I've seen a pic of one on this site some time back. It was sweet. I wish I could get my hands on one. It resembles the si rubber spoiler. They are getting pretty rare I'm sure. Someone was talking about possibly trying to get them reproduced but I don't know what came of it.
kenny

87MugenProCR-X

• Just Drive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Honda CRX, 94 Honda Civic 4dr, 95 Volvo 850 Turbo Wgn, 91 Mazda Miata
Sorry to bust your bubble but the Mugen rear spoiler for the 84-87 CR-X was actually made out of a type of rubber material. Believe me ive felt one with my own two hands. I dont know why Mugen did it but knowing Mugen they mustve had a great reason to.

Julian

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
i seen some fiberglass stuff at the local auto parts store. if some one was willing to give me some half-assed directions, id be willing to use my rubber spoiler as a guiney pig. disclaimer: i know squat about fiberglass and body work in general.

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

thumpu77

• 2nd gen guy
  • PipPip
not sure if it's fiberglass or not, I think WW usually makes their stuff out of urethane:

http://www.optauto.c...ck=yes&dept=654
user posted image

PhoenixxxSi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 2000 Eclipse GT
I belive the guys making the Mugen repro kit are planning to make a fiberglass spoiler for thier kit. I believe they are just waiting to get their hands on an original Mugen foam spoiler.

DSK 86CRX

• Team Tach-Out MotorSports
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 honda crx hf/si and my 86 civic hatchback si
    • Image Gallery
so, hey is anyone doing the fiberglass spoilers? im sorry but im gonna have to start bugging about it because i really want one. i would do one but i don't 1) have the spoiler to do it with and 2) i know nothing about making molds little lone doing anything with fiberglass. so come on people lets get the ball rolling.

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Why not just make a copy of the SI spoiler?

kenny86si

• Phoenix CRX
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI(sold)- 91 Mustang 5.0 LX
    • Image Gallery
I would love to have a fiberglass copy of the si spoiler, i swear I have seen one on a kit before.

10secCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I'd buy one. BTW im looking to buy a manifold for two 40mm weber sidedrafts.

Simple87Si

we're still working on finding someone to sell or loan us a real mugen spoiler to do the molds.. and probably produce them in fiberglass and carbon fiber.. the search continues.. ph34r.gif
user posted image

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
someone on the board has an actual one. Just gotta perswade them to loan it for a bit. Whats the diff between the mugen and si spoiler? I said SI spoiler because there are "of much abundance." biggrin.gif

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
QUOTE (UltimX @ Jun 15 2004, 02:26 AM)
someone on the board has an actual one. Just gotta perswade them to loan it for a bit. Whats the diff between the mugen and si spoiler? I said SI spoiler because there are "of much abundance."  biggrin.gif

Mr Disability said no the process will ruin the spoiler

5150CRX

• some people tell me that I need help......
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx,94 teg,75 bmw 2002, 91 crx si(sorta)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
well then sum1 shoudl make one that looks like the mugen wing....but not a diret copy of it
Aidan
5150 Autosports
15110 E. Nelson #C
Industry, Ca 91744
(626) 806-5150

www.socalracer.com

Simple87Si

yes.. i was thinking of modifying an Si spoiler and making it similar to the mugen one.. hopefully make it better than the mugen one.. so HA! ph34r.gif
user posted image