Manifold Blockoff Plate For Weber K762 Conversion Question

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

85civichatch1.3L

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 Honda Civic Hatch 1.3L, K762 Weber
I noticed a few posts (kayma, i believe) a few years back about manifold blockoff plates that he was making/selling. I was wondering if anyone is making these still or know where to buy a blockoff plate for the "white air valve". Sorry, i dont know what it is called and i couldnt find any information on that valve. On Kayma's earlier posts, he called it "air valve on your intake". I already have the EGR valve blocked, its the white plastic device on the other side of the manifold that i'm having a hard time identifying. It says "nissondenso #" on it. It is 3" between center of bolt holes. Sorry, i wish i could load a picture. If anyone knows what this is called or where to get a blockoff plate for it, i would really appreciate the help. I just picked up a 85 civic 1.3L and I'm throwing a Weber K762 kit on it. I'm still learning these engines, but i have a lot of experience with old vw bugs/bus and International scouts. You guys have already walked me through this weber conversion, so i hope i can contribute some info to the forum sometime, thanks

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

Use a dremel to grind the bottom of your air valve flat, trace with sharpie on piece of metal, drill holes out, and cut remainder out with Dremel cut off tool. Piece of cake :)

85civichatch1.3L

• Granny
  • Pip
Yeah, i figured i might have to make this one, i found 20 different types of cover plates on ebay for the EGR valve, but not one that covers this section of the manifold. I was just hoping to buy a nicer one than i am going to end up making. Thanks PuddleSkipper for your help. By the way, is there a specific name for that particular air valve? I know it doesnt matter because i am going to cover it, but i hate not knowing what its purpose was originally designed for, just to satisfy my CDO disease (its like OCD, but in the appropriate alphabetical order).

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: Only loaners at the present time!
    Garage View Garage

I used a Motormite brand rubber compression plug, P/N 02608, sourced from O'Reilly's to fill this hole as seen here:  http://www.oreillyau...1&keyword=02608

For extra security I made a strap with 3 holes to bridge this plug. Center hole on plug stud and outer holes used original valve mounting bolts. It's been on there since '09 with no leaks or problems. Not really sure that this piece was even necessary!

Skip

"Old and usually in the way" - Check out my '86 3G build in "VIEW GARAGE"

85civichatch1.3L

• Granny
  • Pip
Update: Thanks GeezRX, the 3/4" expansion plug was $3 at the hardware store and fits like a glove with a nice little lip to seal it nicely. i skipped the security strap, so ill see if it was necessary or not. It was in there so solid, i think its permanent. In any case, thanks for your help.

FYI My weber K762 conversion kit from Redline $375 (which this could be a fluke story) ended up working eventually, but i brought in my brew crew (buddies that charge microbrew for labor) to help with fuel leaking out the throttle shaft/assembly. We ended up rebuilding that section of my new Redline weber carb? The Redline tech from Cali, he told me 3x that i need to think logically, i told him that i wasnt thinking science fiction, so stop being condescending, and he hung up on me. My last weber (3 years ago), came from webercarbsdirect and, despite their bad reputation, i havent had any issues with that carb yet, so im not really sure if paying the extra $100 was worth it. I think im actually going to go back to webercarbsdirect for my next carb on my chevy luv. But its your call, im just throwing in my 2 cents.

Also, i just rebuilt the front end on my 69 vw beetle, so let me know if anyone needs some pics/help on that.
And i just basically went end-to-end on a 76 Scout Terra, brakes, suspension, wiring, fuel, exhaust, let me know if i can help.

Thanks to all the info i poached from this forum during my journey of getting unreal gas mileage with this little mario cart!